Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

My fertility chart does not seem very promising to me. This is, however, the first month of charting so not sure what to compare it to but my DPO temps are barely above the coverline. That's not right, is it? I want to blame it on the cheapie BBT i bought from CVS. I don't know. Just feeling super anxious about it. Plus it's strange, yesterday i took it like usual (immediately upon wakening before talking or anything) and it said 97.57, then thought that seemed too low, so put it underneath the other side of my tongue and after the 60 seconds it read 97.97...WTH? So unsure which one to use, i just picked the first one. Same thing happened this morning but not as big of a difference. Originally 97.52, second reading was 97.57 or a little higher i think. So i just marked the first one. This is driving me bonkers. I just want a good high chart and my chart is making me nervous. Any insight please???

Let me start this off with I don't know much as I just started charting myself but your chart looks good to me! Your temps dip before and spike after O and your EWCM is at the same time frame which is comforting. I am not sure it has to be a big spike...just go from a dip to a spike which you have!

Also, as far as temping goes. I know you're supposed to pick a pocket and always temp in the same one - no switching from left to right as each pocket has a different temp. Also, make sure to temp around the same time each morning - I was temping in a 2 hour window last time and that seemed to matter. I also just realized that temping at the same time didn't work for me though because I wake up several times in the morning before I actually get up - I'm a restless sleeper and that would increase my temps so now I temp the min I first find myself gain any consciousness in the night...ranges from 5-6am. I have an alarm set for 6:30am just in case I don't wake up beforehand on my own. Anyway, lots of blabbing but it's just some info I've gained from reading, reading boards here and my own experience. HTH!!!

But I think you're looking good...FX and sticky dust!!!
:dust:

You are the second person that's told me to stick with the same pocket so that's good to know. Thanks so much for that advice. I do temp every morning same time when i get up at 6:30 a.m. Only problem is, like you, i get up in the middle of the night sometimes for no reason, to pee or whatever so not sure if that affects it. But thanks so much and I'll see how this month plays out. It just makes me nervous.

Hello everybody
I wanna know about something that today is my 14th day and I am having abdominal cramps like periods and backache even though just Periods have passed but I dont know why is this? does anybody had such experience so kindly do share with me thanks. best of luck to all TTC members.

Hello everybody
I wanna know about something that today is my 14th day and I am having abdominal cramps like periods and backache even though just Periods have passed but I dont know why is this? does anybody had such experience so kindly do share with me thanks. best of luck to all TTC members.

Hi tulip and welcome :hi:

It would depend on how long your cycles are typically. Have you ovulated yet? Did you just come of birth control pill? You could be experiencing ovulation pains or getting an early period.

hey everyone :) Am all new to this and thought personally joining would help me, as i feel reading peoples process actually helps me and keeps me positive in some way! I have came across of very interesting posts that i hope in time get a chance to read them all :) Once am up and going and used to the site i feel this can be my happy place :D :D xxx

My DH and I are nearing the end of our 2WW (which for us is more like a 3WW!) while TTC #1. I will be turning 30 in several weeks.

This is the first month we're TTC and I am on edge. I've already taken 3 tests (I KNEW they would be negative because it's too early but I couldn't help myself.)

My cycle since coming off of birth control is 30 days and I ovulate on day 10. We BD'd 3 out of the 4 days before I had my ovulation cramps and change in CM. 8-9 DPO I had 3 wipes of pink discoloration when I urinated on two different occassions the same night which I HOPE was a sign of implantation.

My other symptoms include:
Tender breasts
Incredible thirst
Increased appetite

I am trying so hard to stay guarded and plan for AF since the odds of getting pregnant my first month are low. I am also trying not to focus on every tingle and twitch but I can't help obsessing!

I am slated to get AF on 5/12 and will try VERY hard to wait to test again until I have, hopefully, missed my period.

Hi, I am first timer too. i am 24, my husband 26 ... we have been married a year, last week was our 1st anniversary. sadly last month i had a natural misscarriage and the doctor said it was okay to try again... So yeaah i was really excited and things were fine, until this afternoon. I started having my periods just like last tym, all wierd. M really not sure if its my period or if history is repeating itself .... i would love to talk to TTC's everyone here to encourage me to move on and guide me and talk me through it ... My doctor told me to meet her if i miss my period, or even if i hv my period. Since tomorrows friday, and its her day off ... i cnt see her until saturday morning .... So either way I jsut need to talk to ppl who are first times, and TTCs and evryone else who would me nice! :) Coz am at a point, here we are nt ready to tell our families that we are trying for a baby, coz that would be a lot of mental pressure to take, given that we hv been trying for 2 months and ........ Soo yes, i would like some advice and girly company .... looking forward to it .... <3

I totally understand not telling family! My DH and I have not even hinted at TTC to family. It's to the point where my mother thinks we aren't having children because we've been married 6 yrs and I haven't had a baby! We just don't want them hanging on every word and asking us about fertility, etc, especially if it takes us awhile to conceive.

I have told 2 girlfriends we're trying and that is it!

Thanks for the welcome :winkwink:
Nice to have some fellow newbies too.

Well I couldn't resist and took a test on 8dpo (i know its silly early) but I wondered if you could have a peek? I *think* I can see a line and it came up in the time but Im not sure as its super duper feint and pretty thin (maybe thicker but kind of ghost line, not all blue).

Any opinions appreciated!
xxxxxx

I sure hope that's a positive!

I had a similar test to this this morning and I thought I saw a faint blue line. I took a Clear Blue digital test this afternoon and it said "Not Pregnant". :(

I have heard mixed things about HPTs with blue ink. I think it is best to test again in 2-3 days. If your HCG is rising, that line should, in theory, become darker! You can also always try a digital test then there is no guessing!

Best Wishes!

question? af is late but iv been getting cramps for the past to days! whenever i had them befor af would come an hr later so to have them for 2 days is odd, has this happend to any of u ladys? and did af arrive late or was it a bfp, im only 2 days late and was going to test tomoro, would that be to early?

Most HPT manufacturers note high accuracy in their tests as soon as you have missed a period! You are at a perfect time to test tomorrow morning.

Hello ladies I'm new here & I probably belong in the TTC for a long time, but then again we weren't working with Dr.s or medication so it doesn't really count as TTC. I figured it would just happen; that was 7 years ago.

Hello ladies I'm new here & I probably belong in the TTC for a long time, but then again we weren't working with Dr.s or medication so it doesn't really count as TTC. I figured it would just happen; that was 7 years ago.

Hey am new here as well :) i wasnt too sure where to post either lol.. ttc for a long time as well ( 5 years ) but only been almost 1 year with doctors ect.. hope your doing ok :) xxx

hey everyone :) Am all new to this and thought personally joining would help me, as i feel reading peoples process actually helps me and keeps me positive in some way! I have came across of very interesting posts that i hope in time get a chance to read them all :) Once am up and going and used to the site i feel this can be my happy place :D :D xxx

welcome!!! this is a wonderful forum. i just joined in April and this place has been awesome to come to for advice, venting, etc. You will be well received here and learn to become close to all of us! Once you have enough posts, you can post a signature so we know where you stand. Can't wait to hear your story. We're here for you.

My DH and I are nearing the end of our 2WW (which for us is more like a 3WW!) while TTC #1. I will be turning 30 in several weeks.

This is the first month we're TTC and I am on edge. I've already taken 3 tests (I KNEW they would be negative because it's too early but I couldn't help myself.)

My cycle since coming off of birth control is 30 days and I ovulate on day 10. We BD'd 3 out of the 4 days before I had my ovulation cramps and change in CM. 8-9 DPO I had 3 wipes of pink discoloration when I urinated on two different occassions the same night which I HOPE was a sign of implantation.

My other symptoms include:
Tender breasts
Incredible thirst
Increased appetite

I am trying so hard to stay guarded and plan for AF since the odds of getting pregnant my first month are low. I am also trying not to focus on every tingle and twitch but I can't help obsessing!

I am slated to get AF on 5/12 and will try VERY hard to wait to test again until I have, hopefully, missed my period.

I hear ya on the 2WW. It's the worst! Hubby and I feel like it's forever long too. Welcome to this forum. It's a great place to get advice, vent, etc. We are all here for you! The POAS obsession is alive and kicking in my house as well. Last month anyway...i am vowing this month NOT to test until the day before AF is supposed to show. That will be 15DPO which will be Monday the 14th. So we shall see if i can hold out. Your BD'ing sounds very well timed so i hope you get your STICKY BEAN! We might be finding out about the same time...you a little before me. Good luck!!! :dust:

Ugh, i'm so sorry! Welcome to this forum. You will love it here. It will help you through this. I hope and pray you get your BFP soon! Key is to KEEP ON TRYING! Hang in there. :flower:

Hey am new here as well :) i wasnt too sure where to post either lol.. ttc for a long time as well ( 5 years ) but only been almost 1 year with doctors ect.. hope your doing ok :) xxx

WELCOME! Sorry it's taking you so long to conceive. That's super frustrating. I hope you get your BFP soon...:flower: and :dust:

Hello All,

Me and my husband have been TTC #1 for a year now and have been getting a little frustrated with all the let downs. The doctor says everything is fine so they are not sure why we have not gotten pregnant yet. I am now 2 days late but tests say negative so waiting to retry in a week but do not want to give up my hopes for the 12th time. They always told you in health class in high school that it only took one time...I feel like they lied lol...Everyone keeps telling me "relax it will happen in time" gets so frustrating hearing that all the time. That and my pregnant friends always complaining about the nausea, tiredness, or even just getting bigger...All I can think about is that I would give anything to be in their shoes...Sorry for the venting this is my first post ever and just needed someone other then the husband to vent to..someone that may understand alil better what I am going through.....

Welcome to all the newbies!! :hi:
You've come to the right place. You can share your concerns, vent or just come to say hi! Best of luck to all those testing soon! And FX for all :hugs:

Hiya lovely ladies and hello newbies,

Sorry for the lack of update since my 'maybe bfp' on 8dpo...

So I tested again... and again... and again... and I reckon that line was prob just an evap/false positive or whatever you want to call it cos since then Ive had 3 BFNs on 10, 11 and 12 dpo! Boooooo :growlmad:

Currently on 13dpo and not testing again til at least thursday when AF due. Not totally disheartened yet as have had a few symptoms: sore bbs (and veiny), cramping like af since 10dpo (not normal for me) and mega mega tiredness.

Fingers crossed for all of you, especially fellow 2WWers. It seems a loooong wait.

Hiya lovely ladies and hello newbies,

Sorry for the lack of update since my 'maybe bfp' on 8dpo...

So I tested again... and again... and again... and I reckon that line was prob just an evap/false positive or whatever you want to call it cos since then Ive had 3 BFNs on 10, 11 and 12 dpo! Boooooo :growlmad:

Currently on 13dpo and not testing again til at least thursday when AF due. Not totally disheartened yet as have had a few symptoms: sore bbs (and veiny), cramping like af since 10dpo (not normal for me) and mega mega tiredness.

Fingers crossed for all of you, especially fellow 2WWers. It seems a loooong wait.

Sorry Zogglet for all of your BFNs. I hope you get the :bfp: here soon! i'm too scared to test so i'm waiting until Monday. i'm 7DPO today. not having the tender bbs like my ticker says i should. :-( Have had cramping today and lots of creamy cm so those are good signs. i hope we both get our :bfp:!!!

Thank you :) I was wondering tho if anyone would be so kind to help me understand what the words are ie dh bfn ect would be a big help lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->