Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hello ladies, I have a few symptoms like sore breasts, major cramping, fatigue....but I tested yesterday and got a BFN....I had the insemmination on the 24th so that would be 13 days counting the 24th...what do you all think? Should I test again or is it really a negative?
Thank you, this is my first month going through all this so not too sure if I tested too early or if I should test again....also, would it be better to have blood tests or just do a hpt?
Fit

Thank you :) I was wondering tho if anyone would be so kind to help me understand what the words are ie dh bfn ect would be a big help lol xxx

Here is a link to a cheat-sheet I found super useful!
https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

You'll get all the terms down in no time :winkwink:

Hello ladies, I have a few symptoms like sore breasts, major cramping, fatigue....but I tested yesterday and got a BFN....I had the insemmination on the 24th so that would be 13 days counting the 24th...what do you all think? Should I test again or is it really a negative?
Thank you, this is my first month going through all this so not too sure if I tested too early or if I should test again....also, would it be better to have blood tests or just do a hpt?
Fit

Hi fit. What kind of test did you use? IC or FRER? If the insemination was on the 24th I assume you O'ed that day too? That would make you 12DPO which is still somewhat early. I'd test again in two days - DPO14 is the best day to test! Also, make sure to use FMU! GL :thumbup: You're not out until the :witch: shows so FX!!!!
:dust:

Thank you :) I was wondering tho if anyone would be so kind to help me understand what the words are ie dh bfn ect would be a big help lol xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

YAY! thank you! how mega helpful is this :p

Hi everyone, im new to this site and was hoping for advice on obv ttc as my partner has a low sperm count and was wondering if anyones going through the same situation?

Hi everyone... forums are completely knew to me, but after 20 (unsuccessful) months of TTC, I felt that I needed to venture out and speak to others who are in my boat.
My husband and I started TTC in August 2010, shortly after we were married. After 1 year of actively trying, we both went in to undergo testing. I went through the basics, progesterone levels 3 months in a row showed that I ovulate regularily and well, and my HSG showed patent fallopian tubes. In my OB/GYNs opinion, I should be able to conceive without difficulty. My husband did 2 semen analysis, and they were both normal.
So here we are almost 2 years later, both wanted to try naturally, without insemination, fertility drugs, etc.
Any words of advice or encouragement from anyone that has been through similar trials?

MrsChezek, this link above is SUPER useful. I have it up whenever i'm on this site...but after a while, you totally start following and don't even need the list anymore. It's great!

Hi everyone... forums are completely knew to me, but after 20 (unsuccessful) months of TTC, I felt that I needed to venture out and speak to others who are in my boat.
My husband and I started TTC in August 2010, shortly after we were married. After 1 year of actively trying, we both went in to undergo testing. I went through the basics, progesterone levels 3 months in a row showed that I ovulate regularily and well, and my HSG showed patent fallopian tubes. In my OB/GYNs opinion, I should be able to conceive without difficulty. My husband did 2 semen analysis, and they were both normal.
So here we are almost 2 years later, both wanted to try naturally, without insemination, fertility drugs, etc.
Any words of advice or encouragement from anyone that has been through similar trials?

First of all, i'm so sorry you still haven't conceived after all this time. How frustrating and depressing I'm sure. I don't know how it took you so long to come to a forum like this. I got on here right after cycle #2 to help me through it! Geesh. I have no advice as I'm not there yet but I say you've come to the right place for encouragement and comfort and my fingers are TRIPLE crossed for you that you and DH get BFP real soon!!! You so deserve it!

Well ladies af just came so I got yet another bfn ): time to try again guess I'm going to be hanging around here with all you wonderful people

Hi!
Well I'm very new to this and thought I'd give it a go,call it a cry for help really!! Myself and my partner have been trying to conceive for 2 years now with no avail we've tried different positions,calculating ovulation with sticks,temperature readings for the whole 2 years and many more other things including relaxation most nites!! Nothing seems to have worked so off to the docs we went, no help there either I was told to wait until my other half has had a test on his semen, understandable considering only had to wait another 7 months as the docs buggered up information given to us!! I've had blood tests and so far all I've had from the docs is "well they kinda look ok what is it your after?" a baby hopefully???!!!!! Anyway I've been on various herbal remedies but they don't seem to be any good either.
Any suggestions would be most grateful as I'm getting to the point of upset and crying because of it not sure what else to do!!! Thank you for listening (well reading) my tale of woe!!

Hi!
Well I'm very new to this and thought I'd give it a go,call it a cry for help really!! Myself and my partner have been trying to conceive for 2 years now with no avail we've tried different positions,calculating ovulation with sticks,temperature readings for the whole 2 years and many more other things including relaxation most nites!! Nothing seems to have worked so off to the docs we went, no help there either I was told to wait until my other half has had a test on his semen, understandable considering only had to wait another 7 months as the docs buggered up information given to us!! I've had blood tests and so far all I've had from the docs is "well they kinda look ok what is it your after?" a baby hopefully???!!!!! Anyway I've been on various herbal remedies but they don't seem to be any good either.
Any suggestions would be most grateful as I'm getting to the point of upset and crying because of it not sure what else to do!!! Thank you for listening (well reading) my tale of woe!!

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear that! My hubby and I tried for a year before we got prego. Sadly it ended in a mc at this same time last year we have both went to see a doctor and everything checked out great with us so we have still been trying and nothing. I just started fertibella last month I'm
On my second month so we will see the outcome. I know your frustrations and the ups and downs that come with it! Like today I just want to cry I hate when af comes its so depressing. But all we can do is keep trying and keep praying. Our time will come :)

Thank you!! Yep not kidding seeing as one of my friends got pregnant after one nite with her new fella and is now 13 weeks gone, just feels like everyone else is getting there before me! Lol!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you aswell!! Not sure if it's down to the depo I had one shot 2 years ago just before we really sat down and discussed trying,silly to have had it done really!! But wasn't sure if that's what the prob could be with us? I'll keep posted now I have an ear I can bend! And everything crossed so very much for you both!!!

Thank you!! Yep not kidding seeing as one of my friends got pregnant after one nite with her new fella and is now 13 weeks gone, just feels like everyone else is getting there before me! Lol!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you aswell!! Not sure if it's down to the depo I had one shot 2 years ago just before we really sat down and discussed trying,silly to have had it done really!! But wasn't sure if that's what the prob could be with us? I'll keep posted now I have an ear I can bend! And everything crossed so very much for you both!!!

Oh gosh! Everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby! There are baby's everywhere! I try so hard to be happy for all my friends and family it is just do hard thinking I've been trying for so long and they try once and get it! It just sucks!!! I'm going to buy some pre seed this month and give that a try. Any little thing I can think of I'll try! Hopefully this cycle will be our cycle! I'm glad there is someone else going through the same thing as me! I'll keep everything crossed for the both of us!!! It will happen!! :)

I've never been on any form of birth controll but cuddles isn't the shot last one year? Or is it two?

Hi!

My heart goes out to you! I know how frustrating it is to try and try and to come up short every month! Hang in there! My husband and I have been trying for nearly 2 years without anything at all. Some days are easier than others. Has DH had his semen analysis?

Hi!

Oh Cuddles, i'm SO sorry! That's just sad and frustrating. You've come to the right place though. This place has LOTS of wonderful ladies here to support you! It sounds like you're doing everything right. Doctors are so stupid sometimes.

Oh gosh! Everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby! There are baby's everywhere! I try so hard to be happy for all my friends and family it is just do hard thinking I've been trying for so long and they try once and get it! It just sucks!!! I'm going to buy some pre seed this month and give that a try. Any little thing I can think of I'll try! Hopefully this cycle will be our cycle! I'm glad there is someone else going through the same thing as me! I'll keep everything crossed for the both of us!!! It will happen!! :)

It is very disheartening when it seems like it's "everyone but me". I'm in this boat too! Family and friends are pregnant all around me, and as happy as I am for them, I tend to have to fight the feelings of bitterness and jealousy away at times. Our time will come, I am sure of it! I have faith that God will bless us greatly when the time is right. If we had conceived when we had first began trying, it would have been a very hard period when our child would have come (my husband was laid off and money was tight!). Take heart that it will happen! I won't say "relax" or "stop trying" because, to me anyway, it's impossible to do and infuriourating to hear! I will keep fingers crossed and keep prayers coming your way!!!

Any tips for surviving the 2WW? (Actually, 1ww now). I hate thinking about symptoms/signs and tell myself I won't, but without fail every month I do! I have my normal PMS symptoms like sore breasts and bloating. I hate losing hope, but whenever I get these, I feel like the month is wasted and I'm hoping my period comes so I can start over. Since I've never been pregnant, I don't know if PMS symptoms can occur and I still end up pregnant. I guess we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->