Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

yeah I ovulated roundly about 17-18 but I am worried that if this is implantation bleeding why my hpt is negative...

I think after implantation your body needs a couple of days or so to start producing HCG in qunatities that a HPT can detect...I think!

Hi there , i'm first timer trying to use an opk. I've got a lot of questions i wanted to ask. Tried searching for answer on the net but still confused.
1- When should i be using if my af starts on 22 may 12 (28 days cycle)
2- can i test at 2pm and then test again later at 11pm? ( due to work)
3-After getting a positive opk when is the best time to BD? If i tested positive at 2pm that day and by the time i reached home its already 11pm will it still be useful if BD that night?
4-when should i stop opk after a positive
Pls Pls ans to my questions im in alot of doubts. Thanks all and lots of :dust: to all

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the TMI to begin with, I have elastic-like clear cm like i do when i ovulate but my ovulation tests say I am not ovulating. It is also about a week early for ovulation. Has anyone else ever had anything like this before? Could I be ovulating even tho my tests say no?

yeah I ovulated roundly about 17-18 but I am worried that if this is implantation bleeding why my hpt is negative...

If this is implantation bleeding, then there will be at least 3 more days until a HPT will be positive.
I´d give it a week, and then test if AF doesn´t show.

Hi there , i'm first timer trying to use an opk. I've got a lot of questions i wanted to ask. Tried searching for answer on the net but still confused.
1- When should i be using if my af starts on 22 may 12 (28 days cycle)
2- can i test at 2pm and then test again later at 11pm? ( due to work)
3-After getting a positive opk when is the best time to BD? If i tested positive at 2pm that day and by the time i reached home its already 11pm will it still be useful if BD that night?
4-when should i stop opk after a positive
Pls Pls ans to my questions im in alot of doubts. Thanks all and lots of :dust: to all
Answers:
1 - you can usually find this information on the OPK packs, they tell you when to test, but here´s a rule of thumb for ya: 28day cycle=about 14day luteal phase (time from ovulation until AF arrives), 28-14= 14 days from AF day until Ovulation. Start testing from about 3 days before that, so start testing on CD11 (cycle day).
2- Yes, testing twice is always a good idea. 2 and 11 should cover your bases fairly well
3 - After getting a positive OPK, there can be between 12-36 hours until your egg is released. Getting a + at 2pm, gives you a window from 2am that night, up to 2am the night after that. So, yes, it´s definitely useful to BD that night :) It´s best to BD 3 days before, the day before, the day of, and the day after the OPK to make sure. (the method I used was a bit more thorough. I used SMEP, basically every other day from CD4, until +OPK, then 3 days in a row, one day off and then every other day for about a week). Worked for me.
4 - After a positive, you can stop peeing on them. Then it´s just a matter of having fun with the BD :)

I hope this helps.
Good luck and fx for ya.

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the TMI to begin with, I have elastic-like clear cm like i do when i ovulate but my ovulation tests say I am not ovulating. It is also about a week early for ovulation. Has anyone else ever had anything like this before? Could I be ovulating even tho my tests say no?

It´s possible that you´re missing your surge.
The tests definitely aren´t foolproof, I´d get to the bedding, at least every other day for now :)
Fx. :dust.

Hey everyone,

Me, me, me!! I've had this before where I get the egg white cervical mucus and had a negative ovulation test. My doc said I did ovulate on those cycles too. :)

Hi,
Im completely new to this and I have never posted anywhere before. my hubby and I just got married in december and we decided to ttc this month for the first time.. we are both only children so we want a big family right away.. before we got married I was diagnosed with (PCOS) which was devastating to me because it felt like the end of the world, even tho i know we can overcome it. so I started taking vitex this month hoping it will speed up the process.. but since hubby works all day long and I stay home (im a fulltime student until december of this year) I cant really bother him too much with my constant baby talk.. we both have the baby fever and we are trying to plot ovulation, I just like knowing their are other people out there waiting for their bundles of joy also..
xoxo

Hi,
Im completely new to this and I have never posted anywhere before. my hubby and I just got married in december and we decided to ttc this month for the first time.. we are both only children so we want a big family right away.. before we got married I was diagnosed with (PCOS) which was devastating to me because it felt like the end of the world, even tho i know we can overcome it. so I started taking vitex this month hoping it will speed up the process.. but since hubby works all day long and I stay home (im a fulltime student until december of this year) I cant really bother him too much with my constant baby talk.. we both have the baby fever and we are trying to plot ovulation, I just like knowing their are other people out there waiting for their bundles of joy also..
xoxo

I actually don't have pcos, but I did have a dermoid cyst and part of my left ovary removed not too long ago. I'm also in the same baby fever boat you are in. I felt a lot more dysfunctional than I should've before joining this forum. My husband and I are also only children and have had one child almost five years ago and have been trying ever since to give him a little sibling, but it is just not happening... It breaks my heart, to be totally honest.

It's nice to meet you and I hope we both get our BFP sooner rather than later, because waiting is HARD. We have been trying for about three years now, and just recently found out I wasn't ovulating, but it looks like it was entirely due to the cyst. I have an appointment in the morning to see what my next step is, but I'm sure it's just going to be the same old "lets wait and see" which is super difficult to hear at this stage in TTC.

Best of luck to you!

Hey Ladies,
well as you know I have done clomid this cycle 3-7 af was 5/10 and I had a slight positive opk on 5/22 and a pos on 5/23 so I guess im on cd 15 and due to me having a cold we only bd on 5/16 5/18 5/22 5/23 5/24 so I hope clomid works and I have had some ov pains late last night and today well wish me luck and I will keep you all updated and will tomorrow be 1 dpo ?

Hi Ladies!

I've got this bitter feeling/taste in my throat since last night. @9dpo today. Any ideas what this could mean? or is it just random?

Hi Ladies!

I've got this bitter feeling/taste in my throat since last night. @9dpo today. Any ideas what this could mean? or is it just random?

I´ve never heard of this as a pregnancy symptom before, but a change in taste is a symptom...
Unless it´s Metallic, because that can be considered a symptom too...

Hi Ladies!

I´ve never heard of this as a pregnancy symptom before, but a change in taste is a symptom...
Unless it´s Metallic, because that can be considered a symptom too...

thanks preg-pilot....I guess I'd just wait it out.

there is a forum for ladies in the 2 week wait if you need to share your wait and symptom spotting. :)

Has anyone taken Clomid and ovulated on the first round then the second round not ovulated according to the 21 day blood test??

rbn1028, yes!!!! My first round of clomid didn't work so I took it a second time. This time I had some matured follicles, enough so that we had the IUI. This month, nothing! Took the same dose of Clomid but my body has not responded to it this month. SO frustrating, not sure what will happen. We are seeing out OBGYN in two weeks to discuss. Pisses me off that I have to cancel this cycle...:(

Hi Ladies,
Looking for some more advice as I am confused. I was having lots of symptoms up till thursday then most went away however still had swollen/sensitive breasts, bloating, crampy and exhausted. Last night when I went the bathroom I had some very light almost tan colour discharge, but just when I wiped and never had it any more, could this have been implantation bleeding. I'm suppose to get my period tomorrow, I asked my sister and she said I could do it the day before my period, anyways I did one and it was negative. I started thinking if it was implantation bleeding last night could it still be to soon to test. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello there,
I've been reading threads on here for a couple of months, which have been a great help and finally decided to join in! On forth cycle of TTC now and it feels like its never going to happen!!! Who knew it was going to be hard, especially when all I see are bumps and buggies. So as you can imagine all the initial excitement from 3 months ago has turned into frustration, especially as we are on somewhat of a deadline. My sis is getting married next year and I don't exactly want to be pushing out a baby during her wedding!! lol So if it doesn't happen this cycle, I'll be on a baby making sabbatical till next year. As everyone on here can imagine, its a sickening thing to think about. It's great to have these forums, I haven't told anyone we're trying and its great to be able to see other ppls experiences and advice !!!:headspin:

Hi JeanieBatt, if implantation was only last night then I'd imagine it was definitely too early.
Found this website that shows the levels of hcg that hpt's pick up.
(wasn't allowed to post web link but if you google 'lifetips conception tips' and look under home pregnancy tests in menu)

Hope it helps but if your like me your on information overload anyway and its gets more and more confusing with every new bit of info!!!!
Good luck tomorrow, if AF doesn't arrive I'd say try & wait it out for as long as you can bear.....that's exactly what I've been telling myself since I bought 2 more hpt's today. TTC is like a life lesson in patience:winkwink:

I took clomid this cycle due to me no ovulating and I had a positive opk on 5/23 and 5/24 and neg on 5/25 and 5/26 and today on the 5/26 around 3pm I started having pain on the right side of my ovary so I thought It would pass. I ended up at ER thinking I had uti and I didn't and dr told me that I am ovulating due to clomid and gave me a naproxan for pain and to come back if it gets worse to check my appendix, has anyone had any pains from clomid this long and as of now I can still feel pain just off and on not constant anymore. Does that mean I ovulated on 5/26 or 5/24 no im very confused because I thought that as of 5/27 I would be 3 dpo.

Hello there,
I've been reading threads on here for a couple of months, which have been a great help and finally decided to join in! On forth cycle of TTC now and it feels like its never going to happen!!! Who knew it was going to be hard, especially when all I see are bumps and buggies. So as you can imagine all the initial excitement from 3 months ago has turned into frustration, especially as we are on somewhat of a deadline. My sis is getting married next year and I don't exactly want to be pushing out a baby during her wedding!! lol So if it doesn't happen this cycle, I'll be on a baby making sabbatical till next year. As everyone on here can imagine, its a sickening thing to think about. It's great to have these forums, I haven't told anyone we're trying and its great to be able to see other ppls experiences and advice !!!:headspin:

Hippy dip,

We are in a very similar situation. This is only our second month, but we're on a time crunch too. Of course I chart this month and so far no O. This cd17.... I'm only on month 2 and already feeling frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->