Welcome to 'Trying To Conceive Over 35'

Hey there... I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 43 and have recently decided that a #3 should/could be in my future. I have 2 kids already (DD 20 & DS 14), but I'm remarried now and would love to have a little family with the love of my life.

Still in the planning stages right now... will do a bit of a fertility cleanse and start on some fertility supplements and then start trying in February.

Good luck to everyone here. I'm really looking forward to hearing your stories and going through this journey with you.

Here's to lots of Baby Dust in 2016!!!:happydance:

I'm 46 years old and just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Conceived naturally.
I have pcos but have been doing a low carb ketogenic diet which made my periods regular.

Even though I am happy as I'm with a new partner. I am petrified of the risks involved with being older.

I have 2 sons who are 27 and 22. Xx

Congratulations!... I completely understand your fears. Sending you lots of healthy pregnancy vibes.

Have you told your sons yet?:)

I have just turned 35 in November and trying for our 3 rd child but my af has been so weird so my doctor is sending mer for a hormonal bloods done xx

Hi all, 38 years and DH is 40 and we are trying for #3. We have an 11y/o and 5y/o so with every effort we will have another that is also 6 years apart from the youngest. Just had Mirena removed Dec. 1st, had spotting then period then spotting again. Didn't ovulate until Dec 31st (cd28). Should be getting AF Friday-ish. I've alway been between 31 and 36 day win an O day of cd18 or 19 (based on FF when recording with ds#2). Tracked everything this month and have myself psyched up but also know that first month off of IUD is not great odds. OB is giving me 3 months on my own then revisit options. I'm sure I'll be stalking and reading others posts like crazy. Baby fever is high! 🍼

Hello all…. I was on here a few years ago TTC#2 at 41 (my eldest was 16 at the time) with a little girl as a result…. now, at 44 we are discussing trying for #3 for me (#2 for DH)… I had no reservations at 41, but I'm wondering if at 44-45 I'm past it all? Anyone have any great later, later success stories to share? Thanks in Advance!

I'm new here 37 had a Mc back in june. Have been trying since then. My period is due today, but on the 17th I started spotting light pink then brown around 6pm, then it stopped about 2am the 18th I started bleeding dark blood for the entire day not heavy the bleeding was gone by the 19th that evening nothing. Nothing on the 20th today period is do and I'm getting a pink discharge when I wipe. Pregnancy test was negative yesterday what could this be?

:hi: girls hope your all well as for me go for my scan on the 9 feb bleeding as still gone waiting on :af: just don't no when its going to come i have worked out 8 feb just a waiting game x x

Hi all I'm new on here but we have been trying for almost 2 years now naturally and with nothing happening we have both had tests and I am fine my husband is has has sa done twice with good results he is 40 and I am 37 we are beyond despair now we talk about it every month about giving up but always live in hope I have been doing basal temp and following everything but I have irregular cycle so trying to get everything timed properly is a nightmare. My husband has ED so regular sex is an issue we have to plan everything I see a lot of positive conversations on here any advice would be appreciated.

Hi all I'm 42 and trying for #4 with fiancee (24). (Me DH 21&16 and DS 10): (DF none). I'm currently on tww. Best wishes to all

i'm reading a lot of posts online and especially about pregnancies and so on (as you can see) and i was always intrigued in reading what woman are saying about babies and pregnancies. i have also tried to pay attention to threads like this one when women are trying to conceive over 35 years old and you know what i have noticed? those women who are positive about it - they get it, those who don't - they don't. generally i think that mind is a very powerful tool and in case you have problems conceiving over 35 years then yeah, most likely you have some. but if you don't - you'll be all fine. personally i know A LOT of women conceiving and giving birth over 35 years old and they are fine. there are nearly no difference 35 and 25. it is all in your mind. i wish you good luck you mommies...

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. 35 and TTC#1. It's my first month tracking/temping/trying. I got off Nuvaring about 7 weeks ago and currently I'm getting blinking smileys on Clearblue Digital OPKs which is exciting and a little scary! It would honestly be most convenient for me to start trying next month instead of this month but I'm so excited to get going...we're basically trying a little here and there, but not going all out if you know what I mean. Next month it will be go go go! Very nice to meet all of you--feeling very excited for this journey :)

Hi everyone,

It looks like only old posts on here but thought i would post a new one in the hopes that there are other moms out there over 35 ttc. I am 37 have 2 kids and had a miscarriage in January. We are trying again. We caught ovulation this month and had lots of :sex: so I am very hopeful. Right now I am 9DPO and a little headache with a strange metallic taste in my mouth. Really hoping these are pregnancy symptoms.

Fingers crossed and good luck to you all

:hug:

I am 43.33 ttc #1. My goal is to get pregnant by 44.I am working on egg quality for the next 90 days..then I will commence trying in July and try every month. My plan is to supplement and eat healthy.Anyone like to join me?

I just wanted to tell my story in case it helps someone else. I am currently 40 years old and 28 weeks pregnant with my first child! I have suffered 7 miscarriages since I was 35. Two of which were blighted ovums that had to be removed. Honestly I was never actively trying to get pregnant but if that is what happened then that was great. I really never thought I could have children because I had never even become pregnant before the age of 35 -when I met my current fiance. I was wrong! After 7 miscarriages I came to the conclusion that I could get pregnant just not carry the baby. Lo and behold I found myself pregnant again in November (I was 39) and didn't have much hope. We went to the dr and saw a heartbeat at 5 weeks!! We had never even seen a heartbeat before in any previous pregnancies. I spent the entire first trimester a nervous wreck. I even spotted at the time my first period should have been so I thought it was over. Well let me just say this has been a textbook pregnancy and I am so grateful. I did nothing differently than I had been doing other than I started drinking shakeology. Not saying that's what have me a good egg, just saying that's the only thing different about my daily routine. Bottom line is, getting pregnant and having a healthy baby at 40 even after multiple losses is possible!! Ps I had NO medical intervention even though it was suggested. I will not say that being pregnant at 40 is easy though...I'm tired!!!! Good luck to everyone ttc

Hi everyone,

It looks like only old posts on here but thought i would post a new one in the hopes that there are other moms out there over 35 ttc. I am 37 have 2 kids and had a miscarriage in January. We are trying again. We caught ovulation this month and had lots of :sex: so I am very hopeful. Right now I am 9DPO and a little headache with a strange metallic taste in my mouth. Really hoping these are pregnancy symptoms.

Fingers crossed and good luck to you all

:hug:

I have been trying and haven't had any luck. I am sending good vibes and hoping that you get your BFP. I just feel so emotional, because I have all type of pregnancy symptoms and then when I think it happens AF comes and visits. :nope:

I just wanted to tell my story in case it helps someone else. I am currently 40 years old and 28 weeks pregnant with my first child! I have suffered 7 miscarriages since I was 35. Two of which were blighted ovums that had to be removed. Honestly I was never actively trying to get pregnant but if that is what happened then that was great. I really never thought I could have children because I had never even become pregnant before the age of 35 -when I met my current fiance. I was wrong! After 7 miscarriages I came to the conclusion that I could get pregnant just not carry the baby. Lo and behold I found myself pregnant again in November (I was 39) and didn't have much hope. We went to the dr and saw a heartbeat at 5 weeks!! We had never even seen a heartbeat before in any previous pregnancies. I spent the entire first trimester a nervous wreck. I even spotted at the time my first period should have been so I thought it was over. Well let me just say this has been a textbook pregnancy and I am so grateful. I did nothing differently than I had been doing other than I started drinking shakeology. Not saying that's what have me a good egg, just saying that's the only thing different about my daily routine. Bottom line is, getting pregnant and having a healthy baby at 40 even after multiple losses is possible!! Ps I had NO medical intervention even though it was suggested. I will not say that being pregnant at 40 is easy though...I'm tired!!!! Good luck to everyone ttc

This gives me a little bit of hope. I hope that it just happens.

Thanks for posting.

I am 43.33 ttc #1. My goal is to get pregnant by 44.I am working on egg quality for the next 90 days..then I will commence trying in July and try every month. My plan is to supplement and eat healthy.Anyone like to join me?

I would love to join you, I am forty and I am hoping to have a baby ASAP.

I am 40 and my DH has low sperm count (almost zero). We learned of this more than a year and half ago after trying IUI without success. In November he went on clomid which increased his count a few months later to 30+ million but, below average motility and quality. So, in addition to my age, needless to say we still have sperm issues but, I feel in my heart we have a chance. Only over the past 3 months have we gotten our timing down but no luck. I'm trying to stay optimistic and praying it can happen this summer, now that we have made a ton of progress... I thought about another round of IUI if I could convince my RE to let me. .. he really pushed IVF the last time we spoke. I just don't think it's for me. So I'm trying every trick, tip and thing fora BFP on our own before a trip back to the RE. Any advice?

Hi all! I may be one of the oldest women on this whole site lol. I am 47 and still trying for #4! I hope I can give you a little hope - I conceived naturally about a month before my 44th birthday AND again a couple of months after turning 44. Unfortunately, the first ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks and the other was a CP (chemical pregnancy) BUT I STILL CONCEIVED and that is the main thing. At the time, my diabetes (type 2) was wayyyyy out of control - my A1c was over 12.0! I honestly feel that my out of control diabetes significantly contributed to my loss. Since then I have been trying really hard to get my sugars under control and I just learned the other week that my A1c is 6.1! Since my losses, my husband and I haven't really tried to get pregnant again but we haven't not tried either. I have been plagued with constant yeast infections which makes is very hard to even want to do anything. But now that I am healthier (and our 8-yo daughter keeps begging for a little sister) we have decided to actively start trying again so here we are.

I don't have a big support system because of my age. I haven't shared my wishes to TTC again to my family or friends, or even doctor, because of the negativity that surrounds older women trying to have a baby, especially a woman of my age. I'd rather not put myself in the position to hear any of it. I have read the statistics and know what I am up agains but I am thinking positive and doing what I can to stay healthy.

Lots of baby dust to you all! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->