Well I'm out....cd3.. I think! Clomid now..??s

MaryP

Reaction score
Hi.. I got Af late Friday night..do I count that as day 1 or the first day sAturday? I am taking clomid days 3-7 so I guess I better find out! I'm also concerned about cm dry up with clomid (50mg). And being the cynic I am...if it's going to work. I'm 42.5 fsh 12 and feeling old and time running out.:cry: any succes stories with clomid and suggestions for cm? Trying to find pressed locAlly but may have to waste time and order online. Good luck to everyone.... And as always..thank you ....

If AF started late Friday evening then you count Saturday as cd1. I take Robitussin for my cm...works like a charm for me! Best of luck!

Hi there,
I start Clomid tomorrow, due to my periods being light for a day or so then only heavy for about a day then back to light for a day (cycle between day 29 and 36 it's never clockwork). My consultant told me to class any bleed no matter what time of day as day one, i dont know how regular you are so i dont know if this information will be any use, just thought i'd mention it:flower:

Wishing you all the luck in the world
Em x

Thank you Em74! Im not sure I would consider myself regular - my cycles range from 25-29 days. But i started light (actually fooling myself it could have been implantation bleeding - should have known better) heavy for a few hours, then light again, total about 3 days. Im praying for some luck with Clomid, but so hard to stay positive. Just took my second dose, feeling a little dizzy, but otherwise ok. Best of luck and keep me posted!!:hugs:

Hi Maryp
Sounds like you are in a similar situation to me. I was so confused as to when to start taking them that i'm sure my consultant wanted to strangle me ha, I made him be sooooo specific as to what i should call the "start of period". it's so confusing though as i'm sure you'll agree. Please keep in contact as i'm sure we will figure it out between us.

Fingers crossed for you hun :hugs:
Emx

Hi, I am on my 2nd month of clomid and my dr advised to start on day 3... But I have heard of starting on 2, 4 or 5! So I don't think it's a major worry if you are not exactly sure what to count as cd1.
I also have found that taking it before bed helps alleviate some side effects. In fact I have hardly had any! Fingers crossed we all catch our eggs ladies!!

I turned 43 in May am currently 4w4d and things are looking good so far, very dark test lines and digi gone form1-2 to 2-3 in under a week. I did 100mg clomid cd4-8 and used preseed, instead cups, maca and coq10 (maca and coq10 for last 2-3 months)

Congratulations Miss C!! So happy to hear of your success. Have a happy and healthy nine months! I love hearing these stories... :happydance: This is my first round with Clomid, fourth dose today (ooooh BAAAAD headache last night) and will try the pre-seed -found it at a local Walgreen's. Praying for all of us!

Hi missc, wonderful news, i'm over the moon for you,!!!, Em x
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

my FS says if period starts after lunchtime so around 12-1pm then next day is cd1. I found taking the clomid about a half hour before bed decreased the side effects but I would still wake with night sweats, so hot and ncomfrtable but a walk to the kitchen a glass of water and back again was enough to settle me again. If this is your first time on clomid do closely monitor yourself if you aren't on a monitored cycle ie scans and bloods to confirm O. My first cycle on clomid at 50mg we think was annov and the 2nd was delayed so much we never thought the cycle was going to end. We changed the dose to 100mg and 2 strong ovulations later here we are. Fist month of 100mg we did get a bfp but it didn't stick and we miscarried at 4w5d. This time is different with the darkening lines and upward numbers on the digi. I think it is a numbers game and if we can pop a few more eggs out with the help of the clomid etc then we have more of a chance of catching a good one!

Good luck ladies and it is so worth having a monitored cycle to see what it is doing for you and any FS or RE worth their salt will do this for you.

which Robitussen do you use? I have heard that some have the reverse affect so which one do you use? I would like to try it.

From what I understand, it's the plain Robitussin. No DM or CF or anything after it :) (guaifenisan?) Worth a try, I will too. Good luck!

have you tried grren tea, I drank 3-4 cups a day of it leading up to O as soon as AF started and got bucket loads of it, but no matter what I did with the clomid GAWN!!! Preseed is a must in my opinion.

I do want to try Green Tea also. I read that is should be decaf...can't recall why. God, there is just so much information out there to sift through.

caffeine should be out of your universe completely. Caffeine whilst a stimulant in every other part of things does the opposite when ttc especially at just before ovulation and the days after. The fallopian tubes have these little hair like tentacles that sway in one direction to help brush the sperm along and then at ovulation they turn and go the other way to help brush the egg along to the uterus. Caffeine weakens these little hair like follicles they become hyper stimulated and therefore don't really move either way. Caffeiene has an effect on our bodie on average for 18 hours after ingestion.

Ceasing caffeine has been one of the most difficult things for me. I suffer from migraines and you can't imagine how awful it's been, as caffeine was one thing that always made them better (well at least tolerable).
:coffee:

Hi, again, Mary! I did clomid days 5-9 and it worked. Oddly, my iui cycle and one other natural cycle of clomid day 3-7 did not work. My regular ob/gyn said he has had a lot of luck with day 5-9 so I thought I'd give that a shot. I am not sure about the CM. I haven't felt mine was conducive for many years...but, like the previous poster said, I heard robitussing works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->