Well this sucks ... Redundancy

Ps712

Reaction score
Went back to work today after a weeks holiday to be told that it is pretty much a done deal that I will be made redundant. This is voluntary redundancy as they have offered me the same job in another office over 100 miles away. If I took up the transfer I will need to start in a month and I'm due to go on maternity in 2 months. Travel would be approx 5-6 hours a day and at 7 months pregnant that really isn't an option 5 days a week on top of a full day.

As they are 'moving' the whole team I can't say it is due to my pregnancy but I'm pretty sure it's contributing factor as another member of the team is also expecting, which is causing them a bit of a headache.

Wouldn't be so bad but DH was going to be a SAHD and I was going back to work after maternity leave as this would leave us in the best financial situation. Living on DH wages alone is just not possible.

No need to reply just needed to have a moan. Just when I thought my life was finally getting sorted :dohh:

(Gave hubby a heart attack when I came through the door bawling my eyes out thanks to these damn hormones)

Sorry to hear that. They offered you another position but you would have to travel 5-6 hours a day? OMG that would be difficult enough even if you weren't pregnant. Hope it all works out ok for you xo

So sorry!! Just try and focus on the baby for a few weeks, then when you go looking for a job you will be less stressed and may find something better

Is moving closer to the new location an option? I've moved 11 times in my life and I'm 24. I know moving can sometimes be expensive, but there are ways to make it free if you have great family and friends to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->