Wetbag Help

T

tiggercats

I want a wetbag that keeps the wet inside, not too much to ask, but so far no luck.

Admittedly I've only tried the wetbag from my boots change bag, little lamb ones and a bambooty one, but all of them soak through and that means I can't put the wet nappies back in the change bag.

I don't want to spend loads on a wetbag that ends up being exactly like the ones I already have (which were all essentially free). I don't have a massive budget so what can you all recommend please.

my little lambs one works just fine :shrug: How wet are these nappies you are putting in? Even the nappies in my bin dont leave wet puddles or anything, maybe you should change more often :shrug: xx

I have an Itti Bitti one, works fine.

Like DueMarch2nd though I don't see how this can happen really - when the nappy comes off I fold it back up like I store them (pretty much how they go on but with the snaps as tight as they go) that way all the wet inserts are held inside the waterproof part of the nappy - the inside of my wet bag is very rarely wet even.

if its pul then maybe try giving it a hot wash and hot tumble to help the pul seal.

Jac makes them look in her siggie or search snazzy bags on facebook I've ordered one but not got yet but the girls who have them say there great I think I ordered a medium and it was 11.49 with postage which I thought was good looking at the prices of some others x x

Monkeyfoot are great. I emptied half a bottle of water in my by accident and it didn't leak!

The wetbags were ok with pockets, but I sold those because the nappies leaked on my LO. I use flips or little lambs now so it is often just the wet insert going in the bag as I don't change the wrap everytime, often the nappy isn't even that wet, I change him every 2-3 hours in cloth and they are rarely soaked :shrug:

I see, well you may well get the same with all bags? You could always put them inside nappy sack and tie that up?

Hun, I use my blueberry wetbag with my flips and thats been fine :) i'm gonna order one from Jacs once I get back from holiday so hoping thats gonna be just as fab!! (sure it will be) The boots free bag isnt PUL liner which is why it could be leaking?

I use monkey foot wetbags, they are quite expensive though. I have a large to go out and about with and then an XL one for home instead of a bin and I've never had a leak in either. I don't mind spending a bit extra as the one when I got out hangs off my pushchair so everyone sees it and the one in the nursery has become a feature of the room. They have definitely been a worthy investment for us xxx

I use flips and I had similar thoughts wanting a 'secure' wetbag. I've ended up with a lightweight 'dry bag' which you can buy from outdoor shops. It cost about £8 for the one I got, and they
come in different sizes. The best thing about them is that they have a roll over top and clip so not even the smell escapes. To wash it I just turn it inside out and give it a
good rinse and maybe some antibacterial spray. Has lasted nearly 5 months now and no signs of wear yet!

rainyday that sounds perfect, I'll have to look for one next time I venture out.

I love my large monkeyfoot wet bag- well worth the price IMO as its excellent quality material, gorgeous, and leak proof so far even on soaking wet fitteds :)

i roll flip inserts up with the stay dry part on the outside and pop them in a little zip up wash bag/make up bag i bought for £1 from primark. I only usually put one in but i think it can squeeze 2 in or 1 bigger nappy. When that's full i have a cheapy draw string wash bag i bought from the chemist for 10p. The primark one leaked around the zip when i put damp wipes in there though so i've ordered a small and medium from Jac, for now i'm using the zip up inside the drawstring and making sure the wipes aren't too damp then i have 2 wetbags as i use the wipes iykwim?

Thanks 4boys, but as I use the organic inserts, I have no stay dry layer, my bambooty one leaks around the zip as well :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->