Weve given up smoking - support us or join us please

my best mate was my smoking partner lol but soon as i told her no ive quit (i was pregnant lol so she expected it) she was supportive....but on nights out if im drunk n shes there i will end up having 1 hahaha

one thing that helped me stay quit was looking at mothers pushing or standing next to their babys pram smoking! it looks awful and i didnt want to look like that.

and smoking does rub off on ur children, my oh was a smoker and sometimes smoked infront of zane which would cause a huge argument anyway

well the other day after not seeing his dad smoke for 8 months zane put a crayon in his mouth and started to smoke just like his dad did. its not nice seeing a 2 yr old pretend to smoke!

Wow day 3 already...that's great :) :happydance: you've got through a tonne of hurdles already!
Good luck with today :hugs:

well done it can be very hard it will be alot off will power

i gave up with brooke but after she was born i did start again but i do not smoke infront off my kids.

i wish u all the best

I've never smoked but just wanted to wish you luck on your journey...i'm sure you will do fab!

Well done Ally, Im on day 2. Havent caved even though DH has, I agree about having to come on here and admit failure.

I kept my patch on last night even though it is only a 16hr one, think its psychological in a way coz its on so I cant have one IYKWIM.

Im at work tomorrow 9-3 so that could be a challenge as Im used to nipping out at 11 for a crafty one lol but I will stay strong xx

keep up the good work hun. it will be worth it think of the extra money you will have to spoil your LO with lol :D

xx

Well done Ally, Im on day 2. Havent caved even though DH has, I agree about having to come on here and admit failure.

I kept my patch on last night even though it is only a 16hr one, think its psychological in a way coz its on so I cant have one IYKWIM.

Im at work tomorrow 9-3 so that could be a challenge as Im used to nipping out at 11 for a crafty one lol but I will stay strong xx

Hurray well done to you too Lola! :happydance: 2 days is great going!
As for tomorrow give yourself a different treat at 11 instead, it'll make it feel less of a sacrifice not having your usual fag/treat! Go for a coffee/chocolate/muffin!

you can do it lolababes, day three will come round quickly, ive made it through my day with my smoking buddy and i didnt crack, am so proud of myself :happydance:

day 4 coming, (btw i slept with patch on last night and has some AMAZING dreams!!!!)

thanks for your support :)

hey, day 3 - wow well done!! keep being strong :)

i have ordered the allen carr book so it should be here hopefully tomorrow or next day & i'll let you know how it goes! i read quite quickly so im hoping it will be done in 2 days, as i said in page 3 of the thread ive been cutting down to 2/3 a day for the past 2 weeks so im hoping the book will help me just go that little bit further to 0! ... not sure though, if it doesnt work im going to have to go cold turkey, although we do have a stock of losenges/nasal spray & inhaltor thingys in the cupboard!

well done & hope the evil cravings dont last long,
ill message again in a few days :)

Well done girls, we are doing so well. Yeah Im gonna try make sure Im busy around the 11 o'clock mark, once Im past it I should be fine, then I have to get past the after lunch fag but TBH that one didnt bother me today xx

Well day 4 has arrived and so has LOs 2nd jabs!! (10am today) :-(
She just slept after last lot so hoping she will do sane today.

Not got plans for today but think that might be harder than having plans, although gotta clean house as we've got LO's half sisters this weekend so should really tidy up before they get here otherwise Monday will be manic!!

Am feeling ok in myself have decided I'm Gibbs try the new spray thing instead of patches as I think I might end up back on gaga after patches have gone, u get nicotine whole time from patches where as I think it may be easier to wean myself off spray rather than patch, what u think???

Hope everyone has good day n stats strong today were all doing really well :-D

Hoping to join you all on Monday!

Have a busy weekend ahead, and know that any quitting ideas won't stick.

but hubby is away now until Tues, so won't have him distracting me or tempting me (he only ever half quits when we try, and always has a sneaky pack hidden in the jeep, which is always my downfall on day 1 :blush: )

Can't use NRT (patches/losenges/gum/etc), as I get an allergic reaction to it...allergic to nicotine, oh the irony! :wacko::shrug:

And can't use Champix either...tried it before, did nothing for the smokes, nothing at all...but couldn't drink coffee for 5 weeks afterwards without feeling sick...go figure? :wacko::shrug: (it clearly worked, but on the wrong addiction!)

Used cold turkey successfully in the past. Yes I know that makes little sense, given that I'm currently smoking, but I stayed off them completely for 11 months. And only went back on them because I'm stupid :growlmad::nope:

I know the first few days are a struggle, but I also remember that it does get easier, even within the first week.

So, if I may, I'd love to join you all on Monday!

but hubby is away now until Tues, so won't have him distracting me or tempting me (he only ever half quits when we try, and always has a sneaky pack hidden in the jeep, which is always my downfall on day 1 :blush: )

Can't use NRT (patches/losenges/gum/etc), as I get an allergic reaction to it...allergic to nicotine, oh the irony! :wacko::shrug:

And can't use Champix either...tried it before, did nothing for the smokes, nothing at all...but couldn't drink coffee for 5 weeks afterwards without feeling sick...go figure? :wacko::shrug: (it clearly worked, but on the wrong addiction!)

Used cold turkey successfully in the past. Yes I know that makes little sense, given that I'm currently smoking, but I stayed off them completely for 11 months. And only went back on them because I'm stupid :growlmad::nope:

I know the first few days are a struggle, but I also remember that it does get easier, even within the first week.

Of course you can join us on monday, my hubby is the same half hearted attempts xx

I have to confess though I caved last night and had 2 (I have a lot going on ATM) I was so mad at myself especially as I didnt give in at work, but Im not gonna let it stop me being successful. Normally that would lead to me buying some but I WONT DO IT :growlmad: I know I can go without so onward and upwards. :thumbup:

Of course you can join us on monday, my hubby is the same half hearted attempts xx

I have to confess though I caved last night and had 2 (I have a lot going on ATM) I was so mad at myself especially as I didnt give in at work, but Im not gonna let it stop me being successful. Normally that would lead to me buying some but I WONT DO IT :growlmad: I know I can go without so onward and upwards. :thumbup:

Don't worry Lolababes one slip up is ok don't by that pack, u don't want it!!!
I've managed 5 days now n decided on Friday to take patch off n deal with it the hard way !! F**k that was difficult , thought oh was gonna kick me out, I threw a tantrum like a 2 year old and cried so hard my chest hurt!!
I called him done horrible things (in my head!!)
But finally fell asleep and wine up Saturday feeling so much better, have now done 2 days with no patch or anything and feel so proud of myself.

Once you get through the living hell of cold turkey (it only seems to last an evening) it seems to get easier, not sure if it does or whether it's the thought of having to go through cold turkey again!!!

We can do this together, xx

Wow 5 days! You're flying and over the worst I'm sure... :) Lola don't worry these things happen, the important thing is you get back on the wagon and keep going! No giving in :) xx

hello again ladies,
thought id update you... my allen carr book came yesterday & i sat & read the thing from start to finish all day long!! it was definatly a very intresting read, and everything he talked about was either relative to me or made perfect sense.... by the time i was coming to the last few pages at nearly midnight last night (he instructs you to smoke whilt you read & then have your last ciggie at the end) i was convinced to take everything he had said into account & give his ''easyway'' theory a wirl.... i mean, what did i attually have to lose... nothing!
although i was a little bit worried that i wouldnt be able to stop thinking about fags all day and allen carr thinks that by thinking that - you are punishing/tormenting yourself & i just couldnt imagine not thinking about them!

this morning i got up, got sorted & did some cleaning, at around 1pm my hubby came into the kitchen & asked me to pass him a fag... i did as he asked (even reaching into the pack and got a single one out!) and then realised something amazing, i had not smoked!!!!!! i had not even realised i had not even thought about having one!!!!! normally by 1pm ive had about 3-4.
since then i have told my self several times... ''i do not NEED a fag'' but so far so good, i have not had any really awfull craving pangs and every other time ive ever quit im normally pulling my hair out by now in a foul mood & i am just amazed that - attually i feel fine, and that no i do not want nor need a fag! :)

let you know how day2 goes lol, hopefully all will go as well a today!!

Hurray well done nanomey! Yey for Allen Carr...that's a pretty good reaction to it too! Lol

Well done nanomey, hope youve managed the day, I also started reading Alan Carr few weeks ago but didn't really get tine to read it!!! Can't believe I've done 5 days and don't get me wrong I think bout it but don't miss it, oh cooked us nice big fry up this morning n both of us afterwards said I could have fag now but neither if us did.

One thing o have done this time that is different is that I still have packet of gaga with 3 left in yhem , normally when I've tried to quit I always make sure there are no gags left in the house, by still having tags left I think it helped as it was my choice nit to have one rather than me not being able to have one ad there weren't any.

Just wanna say well done all we cab keep this up YAY

Lol allyk, you can tell you're using your phone! :) congrats on completing day 5! Xx

I'm a dismal failure,and pretty digusted with myself right now. ](*,):brat::sad2:

I lasted up to about 12.30pm...then had to go and collect a parcel from local petrol station (courier too lazy to bring it to house...but that's another issue to rant about elsewhere!). And whilst I was there I bought a pack, almost on auto-pilot. :nope::nope::growlmad::hissy:

So, dragged Allen Carr back out of the bookcase when I got home, and dusted him off....bed-time reading for the next couple of days, see if he can help me as I clearly can't help myself. :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->