What age did you get your LO into a routine???

Roffey82

Reaction score
My little one is only 6 weeks old and I think it's too early for him to be in a routine as he is far too young to self soothe. Just wondering what everyone else thinks? The book I'm reading has routine plans from birth. I just want to do the best for my little man????

About 9 or 10 weeks, but it's not a strict routine - she naps when she's tired, not at set times.

My LO has put herself into her own routine tbh in terms of bed time and naps... I don't have a bed time 'routine' as such yet in terms of bath bed etc (she still feeds to sleep) but plan to have her self settling at bedtime at around 6 months old when stops needing her night feeds :thumbup:

Go with what is best for your family... I am a SAHM so don't mind that each day is a little different iygwm :)

Your LO is def too young at the moment though I agree on that :)

at 6 months was when she actually got into and stayed in a routine, i tried a bit when she was younger but it was too hard so she just got herself into a routine in her own time. :flower:

We started a kind of routine at about 8 weeks... betime routine has been the same since then except the times have changed and she slept through from 12 odd weeks. I have always had more of a feeding/nighttime routine.... because even now i let her sleep whenever she wants during the day but never after 5 haha coz her bed time is 6.30/7 ish xx

I had Louie is a loose routine as soon as we got home from the hospital. Not really a feeding routine (but that soon evened out to every 3 hours) but definitely a bath bottle bed routine. xx

EDIT: naps were never routine and still aren't (apart from the morning one). I just put him down when he looks tired and he'll have up to 4 catnaps a day.xx

I think I started a basic bedtime routine at about 8 weeks but that was all. I was obsessed with trying to get her to sleep around 7.30pm to pave the way for when she was older. I think she was far too young though and now we have a totally diff routine.

The day she kinda naps around the same time and feeds every 3 hours or so but there's nothing set and she wakes up for the day at diff times too so its kind of loose through the day :)

i never planned a routine for zane. i didnt see the point in me telling him when he should eat or be tired. at 5 months zane started himself in a routine where he would want to settle at night and when he was hungry for meals ect so i carried it on from there n weve had pretty much the same routine ever since.

now im pregnant with baby 2 im going to have to be abit more stricked i think or ile be in a mad house:S

For around the first 6 weeks there was no routine what so ever, he slept and fed on demand, once he had established his body weight around 6 weeks I put him on a feed routine, then 8 weeks introduced the bath bottle bed routine. I know a lot will find this quite young but for me it was the best thing I ever did!! Now at 19 weeks old he sleeps from 7pm-7am, has 5 bottles a day at set times and I am introducing baby rice, he has 2 naps a day in his cot (if at home). I am not too strict on the daytime naps, but will not let him nap after 4pm.

My LO is 6 weeks and I try and do the bath, feed, bed routine but it seems to be at the same time as OH gets home and we need to eat our dinner so end up bringing him downstairs and then it all goes wrong. Tonight he will feed at 8 and then 11 so should I do the bath, feed, bed or is that to late.

Stephen chose his own routine at 4 months! He goes to bed at 7, he'll be fed at certain times because that's when he's hungry etc - I don't force him so if it does change some days then it's no big deal :) It will go back to normal when he's ready

My LO is 6 weeks and I try and do the bath, feed, bed routine but it seems to be at the same time as OH gets home and we need to eat our dinner so end up bringing him downstairs and then it all goes wrong. Tonight he will feed at 8 and then 11 so should I do the bath, feed, bed or is that to late.

Could your OH make a start on tea while you bath/feed him? I wouldn't before the 11pm but thats just me, my LO wakes up in the bath.

Could you bath in the morning? I only started bathing LO at night after about 12 weeks or so!

I have always let her lead and she set her own routinue but I think I felt more in control at 6 months x

I always really wanted Gracie to be in some sort of routine, just so I knew where I was/what would come next etc. More a feeding routine than anything. When she was weeks old, the days changed from one day to next, I tried writing down what she had wanted/done for a few days but each day was completely different, I gave up trying :(
I think the best place to start is a bedtime routine. Once youve got that too a T, you maybe one of the lucky ones to have a baby who sleeps through! I dont think then you can start introducing a routine until then in my experience anyway. Gracie still isnt in a routine as such now, I hope your thread is useful to me as well :) x

We established a bedtime routine at about 4 weeks, although bedtime was our bedtime (9-10). We then moved her bedtime to 7, and followed the same routine and because she recognised the patterns she was fine.

We don't have a routine during the day as we are often out and about. I just feed her every 3-4 hours, and put her down for a nap when she looks tired.

About 8 weeks, but that was only a bedtime routine. We wouldn't do it at a set time, just to fit in with LO. Bath, bottle, bed.

It's only got strict since I returned to work, she seems to be doing really well with a routine now :) That's been since about 13 weeks.

About 9 weeks. I started putting her to bed early in a proper bedtime routine and it was the 1st night she started sleeping through. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->