What age did your kids start playing with a console?

Pearls18

Reaction score
My son is 6 but still feels way too early for a console, I figure he has his teenage years for that! However having seen amazing deals on PS4s it's really tempting for the Lego dimensions as he loves Lego (it would go in the living room, the boys don't have TVs in their bedrooms and hubby's Xbox is in our room) but is it still too young do you think? Honest opinions, my husband is away with work but I think he would disapprove anyway, just curious!

Just to add he has a tablet which he enjoys but very rarely plays with it, not even a couple times a week now, I think he prefers toys to tech generally so not sure he'd love but not worried that it would take over either.

3 and a half... Used OH's old 360. She started playing lego games then moved onto Minecraft. Then she got an xbox one for Christmas last year. She's very forward with technology, plays Minecraft a lot, Rocket League, Lego Marvel Avengers, Infinity and Plants vs Zombies. She even plays games on the laptop (flash games/cbeebies/tinypop site) and on OH's PC with a controller (Lego LOTR/Harry Potter/Pirates of the Caribbean/The Hobbit etc). She watches a lot of Youtube on the xbox and her tablet too.

They do become addicted. Limit usage time.

Her xbox is in the living room btw. She does have a TV in the bedroom but I won't put the xbox in there for her.

My LO is six and I've just succumbed to the ps4 deal! I'm going to get Lego dimensions. Am going to limit screen time though. To be honest I'd rather he played and used his brain than watched TV! I think it is about everything in moderation though x

My eldest got his first playstation when he was about 5, my youngest got his first xbox when he was about 3 or 4, it stayed in the sitting room until he was 6, now that he is almost 9 he has his xbox 360 and xbox one in his bedroom. He also has his own ipod, ipad and laptop :)

Mine started having little goes around 2 as we already had them in the house. My eldest really got into it about 5. He is now 10 and still big into gaming. My 8 year old plays at weekends mainly as the rest of the time he is doing some sort of sport. My 6 year old isn't all that interested. He has enjoyed his toys much longer than the others. My youngest is 2 and he just has a little go now and then with the others, he perfers to watch

I have always had consoles as I used to be an avid gamer, but my eldest has never played a game on one. Not because I dont allow her, but because I have always played when she is in bed so she hasn't a clue what they even are! I have a ps4 but only really play shooters so I wouldn't let her try them.. I'm happy to wait until she is alot older before introducing her to the world of gaming! She is fine with her tablet just now :)

My four year old has a Nintendo ds handheld console which she plays simple games on. She's limited to what she can play as she can't read. She plays fifa with my dh on the xbox but not very often.

What are these play station deals I keep hearing about!? Ds1 has asked a couple of times but I think he is still too young, husband though was saying tonight maybe I could get one for him and the boys could play!!

We have a family PC, PS4 and Xbox one but the kids only watch Netflix on the consoles. My oldest plays games on OH's phone sometimes but doesn't have a tablet or anything similar of her own yet (she's getting a kindle fire for her 5th birthday in December)

What are these play station deals I keep hearing about!? Ds1 has asked a couple of times but I think he is still too young, husband though was saying tonight maybe I could get one for him and the boys could play!!

A few places were selling a ps4 and new release game bundle for £149 this week. Think it's been posted over on the bargains thread x

We have a PS4 and wii u but they are in the living room and are just family consoles, I don't see the need for her to have her own at this age (just turned 5). They are used mostly to play disney infinity or some Nintendo games with her dad. The ps4 is also used to steam netflix which she watches occasionally.

My daughter is 7 in December and has been playing PS3 for a few years now :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->