What age gap is better and why, 2 years or 3 years?

My daughter will be turning 3 two months after our second baby. I must admit its abit of a mixture. She is understanding theres a baby in mummys tummy which is great. Shes ready for a bed so her cot can be reused etc. the only thing im worrying about is she wont have a pushchair once babies born. looking back id find it hard work with a just two year old and a baby x

Anyone have a 3.5yr + gap and have good things to say? I'm trying to convince my DH that we should have another and he is concerned about them fighting. I'm a realist and know that there will be some but is there anyone who has more loving siblings than fighting ones?

We have a 4 year 4 month age gap and absolutely love it (so far anyway!). My Daughter is just fantastic with Jamie and can be trusted around him when I'm not in the room. She just loves playing with him too even though he is only at the 'grabby' stage. She changes his nappy, settles him when he wakes up, helps me dress him and generally just adores him. Likewise, he adores her. Of course things may change as they both get older, bur right now I am very happy with this gap :)

Aww so cute. Thank you for sharing x x

My daughter will be turning 3 two months after our second baby. I must admit its abit of a mixture. She is understanding theres a baby in mummys tummy which is great. Shes ready for a bed so her cot can be reused etc. the only thing im worrying about is she wont have a pushchair once babies born. looking back id find it hard work with a just two year old and a baby x

Thanks for posting :flower: Aww i think it's lovely that your almost 3 year old knows about baby. I think I'm more leaning at the moment to wait another year for us if we do go ahead and have another one, not sure we'll be ready in February, only 4 months away. So if we wait another year then there will be around 3 year gap which I'm hoping will be a bit easier.

Mine have less that 2 years between them and the baby that is coming will have 3.5 years between her and DD2.

A two year age gap is tough in the beginning as they were both quite demanding but now they are older DD1 and DD2 are extremely close. That is not to say they don't fight but they actually prefer being with each other than with other people. I'm more afraid that the baby will be left out and unable to relate with DD2 due to the age difference.

There's two years 10 months (I think lol) between my girls and I love it ! When DD2 was born DD1 was a few months away from nursery . DD1 also loved to read and sing to DD2 . Now they are best friends and play great together sometimes they will fight lol but they are really close !!

Mine have less that 2 years between them and the baby that is coming will have 3.5 years between her and DD2.

A two year age gap is tough in the beginning as they were both quite demanding but now they are older DD1 and DD2 are extremely close. That is not to say they don't fight but they actually prefer being with each other than with other people. I'm more afraid that the baby will be left out and unable to relate with DD2 due to the age difference.

Thank you for posting :flower:

I think I'm leaning towards the 3 year gap at the moment we just don't seem ready to add another the way things are but like you said i do worry about the 3 year age gap and not bonding as much and being left out. My middle child has autism so doesn't really play with my youngest and I'm not sure this will change, i do want my youngest to have someone to play with, a 2 year gap would probably be better in the long run for my youngest but i really dont think we could cope with it that close me and hubby as things are hard at the moment.

Hopefully your first 2 will love being big brother/sister and all 3 will be close :)

There's two years 10 months (I think lol) between my girls and I love it ! When DD2 was born DD1 was a few months away from nursery . DD1 also loved to read and sing to DD2 . Now they are best friends and play great together sometimes they will fight lol but they are really close !!

Thank you for posting :flower:

That's great your 2 are so close. Did your oldest understand much when you was having your 2nd? Depending on how quick i would conceive the smallest gap would be 2 years 11 months if i conceived straight away if i wait until Feb 2019. I suppose all depends on the individual child how much they bond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->