What age gaps do you want between your kids and why?

B

Belle25

As title really. What age gaps fo you have/want between your children, and what made you decide on that gap?
X

I have a nearly 4 year old now and newly pregnant, which is just how I wanted it. I wanted to have my 2nd child when Lily was due to start school so she could have a couple of months at home with the baby, but then when she starts school that's gives me a chance to bond with my youngest without the stress of 2 screaming children. I know if I had them close together I wouldn't manage aswell. This way I know I'll have peaceful time just me and my new baby, but then a nice amount of time with them both together. I wanted to give my new baby what lily had when she was younger, that 1 to 1 attention :)

We had previously discussed trying again once LO reaches 18months - 2yrs. But we'll see how we go once LO arrives.

There's just over 2 years between my twins and their little sister. Yes its very hard work at the minute for me, but they are all so close and love playing together. To be honest, I have no life outside the home (except work!) but i know this is only sort term so for me, its totally worth it.

I couldn't imagine getting my twins to school and then having another. It would be like starting all over again

There's just over 2 years between my twins and their little sister. Yes its very hard work at the minute for me, but they are all so close and love playing together. To be honest, I have no life outside the home (except work!) but i know this is only sort term so for me, its totally worth it.

I couldn't imagine getting my twins to school and then having another. It would be like starting all over again

That's what I'm so excited about this time. Starting all over again, it's so exciting because I feel like I'm going to be a first time mum again!

But with twins I don't blame you! I bet there a handful!

There are 2 and a half years between my daughter and her little brother. We just felt ready to try again! We will be waiting til our son is at least 3 til we have another xx

There's 21 months between mine. We were aiming for a 2-ish year gap, but started trying sooner in case it took a while, as we'd rather have a smaller gap than a bigger one. I like it :). We wanted them close together so that they can play together and be on the same level. My brothers are 2 years younger and 2 years older and we have a great bond, we had lots of fun playing together as kids.
With the next one (if my DH relents :winkwink:) we'll probably go for 2-2.5 years. Slightly bigger gap so that I don't have to take mat leave during the most important month for my job and risk getting fired!

I always wanted 4 years between my babies and we are currently trying for #2. I didn't think I could cope with a younger age gap. But now I have a bigish age gap I wish it could be smaller, but such as life! I was always certain that I only wanted 2 children but now I'm thinking I'd like 3!

I always wanted 4 years between my babies and we are currently trying for #2. I didn't think I could cope with a younger age gap. But now I have a bigish age gap I wish it could be smaller, but such as life! I was always certain that I only wanted 2 children but now I'm thinking I'd like 3!

That's exactly how I feel :)

That's exactly how I feel :)

Funny isn't it how you can be so adamant about something and then completely change your mind!

Before having kids I was adamant about a 6 year age gap! I thought it was perfect, firstborn about to start school, tending to one child during most of the day..

But, after A was born I quickly changed my mind. 13 months are between my girls and I'm very happy they're growing up so close. :) It's a lot of work but well worth it!

Close. Depending on how I feel we will probably try for number 2 when our little girl is around 6 months old. But maybe childbirth and actually having a baby will make me change my mind. Who knows!

When I was younger (under 27-28 y.o.) I wanted a 4 year gap. That way the kids would not be in college at the same time or be competing (academically/socially/sports/etc.) in high school together.

Now that I'm 30...as close together as safely possible! :rofl:
Why? Because I want to be 100% done by 34y.o. My plan is to have them as close together as possible, but also acknowledge that life may get in the way and/or it may take longer than we plan to conceive #1 or 2. So we'll start trying as soon as we can. If we end up with a 1 year gap, great....2-4 years.....so be it. :)

I thought I wanted 4 years between children, but now that I have her I'm already dreaming of another! I'm definitely going to wait for a year as recommended, but might try to convince the hubby to start trying for another next summer which would put a 2 year gap between them if it didn't take too long to conceive again. I kind of want to get the baby years over with all at once!

Don't know what we'd have gone for if we'd had a choice but as it is we cannot reasonably TTC for at least another year at the very least. The age gap will be somewhere between 4 and 8 years. I do sometimes feel sad that he hasn't got a sibling to grow up with but there are many pros to either situation.

4.5-5 yrs. we started NTNP last month only. I can't cope with two toddlers at th same time, now Omar is in pre-school full time I have time to concentrate on about baby without feeling guilty of not giving time to my 1st.

Before children i wanted 2-3 years. However once i had poppy i knew i wanted them to have a small age gap, so there is 13 months. I think for me i wanted them to have a close bond and share memorys as i didnt have that with my sisters as there is a huge gap and i always felt like i had missed out. I'm very lucky that i had 2 girls as i *hope* they will grow up confiding in each other. We are trying again and it looks like we could be in for another long wait like we did for poppy so i guess ill get my 2-3 year gap because poppy will be turning 3 and freya will be 2! Also i wanted it all over and done with i couldnt spend 8 plus years just being a mum and staying at home, its just not me. But i guess that because im a young mum and i still want my career although i have had much better offers at work since being a mum so i guess its help me mature and be a better person!

There's going to be an 18 month age gap between my daughter and son this wasn't my ideal age gap though originally we were going to do a 3 year age gap as I felt dd would be a little more independent, potty trained and not needing to be in a pram. I feel blessed with my son now though so I can't complain ;)

If we go for a 3rd and last baby we won't be trying until our son is 2-3 so there will be a bigger age gap by then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->