What are things that you do now, that you didn't before TTC

Cui

Trying for #1
Reaction score
O.K. what are some things that you do now that you are TTC that you didn't do before?
I will go first:

I have specific clothes that I wear on appointment days depending on if I am getting Blood work, an ultrasound or both.

I bought a pair of slip on shoes to wear to appointments when I am getting an ultrasound.(also see above, the nurses joke that they have never seen anyone get dressed again as fast as I do afterward)

I always bring a pair of clean socks with me and will change my socks right before my ultrasound.

I try to wear gender neutral socks on days I do IUI.

The last IUI I did, I had my husband take a picture of the washed sperm sample while the nurse was out the room. I figure if we get lucky we will have a picture even before an ultrasound.:haha:(my husband was mortified)

I buy my ovulation and pregnancy tests online. I usually buy a bulk deal, last time I bought 50 ovulation tests and 30 pregnancy tests. Then I worry that I am betting against myself conceiving by buying so many.

I start to worry if I have less than 10 pregnancy tests in the house.

last but not least...I have peed on the bathroom floor when I missed the cup to put the test strips in.(just a little bit, but ewwww):dohh:

I never used to cry when the witch arrived... I do now. I read the internet for anything and everything related to conception pregnancy and miscarriage, (had two.) I do a hypnosis everyday to help me stay clam and not stress I found it on www.hypnosisdownload.com under infertility and it is really good and helps a lot, although by the time af comes I´m back to obsessing.

I drink a lot less coffee and a lot more water.
I make sure to hit my 5 a day fruits and veggies.
I try to avoid buying new clothes because I'm hoping to have a bump reasonably soon.
I check CM every day.
I keep OPKs and HPTs in my underwear drawer.

And there are probably a lot more!

Hi Cui I also buy tests in bulk and wonder if I am jinxing myself

Natsby- I also cry on af day 1

I also find myself noticing every pregnant lady -they surround me at work in particular

and all prams ( I check the prams out to see if I would like one than feel a bit sad that I don't need one yet)

:dust:

I take a bucket load of supplements
I check my cm every day
I notice ovulation pain
I cry when Af arrives
I estimate every pregnant womans age, and wonder if they are in their late 30s and older
I google everything relating to ttc/egg quality
I worry about having a glass of wine
I spend a fortune on opks
I keep a couple of hpts just in case
I chart and cry if my temps don't stay high in the tww
I buy any book that relates to ttc and staying pregnant
I initiate BD more when I think I'm fertile
I use instead softcups after BD and not for Af
In fact I obsess about everything relating to ttc!! Arghhhhh!!!:dohh:

I take a bucket load of supplements
I estimate every pregnant womans age, and wonder if they are in their late 30s and older
I chart and cry if my temps don't stay high in the tww

I do these things too! I completely stress over my temp in the TWW, it makes me crazy:wacko:

I do ALL of the above.....and
I make fertility statues. I'll start on jewellery next.

I've been thinking about this post all day. I think the biggest difference is that my life is on hold.

A work-friend's leaving party on Friday? I'll be 6dpo so no glass of wine for me.
A holiday abroad next year? But what if I'm heavily pregnant or have a new baby? Best leave it a while.
Tai Bo class with my sister? But strenuous exercise isn't good in early pregnancy. Best give it a miss.
See some pretty bras on sale? But BBs will expand hugely in early pregnancy so best leave it a while just in case.

It feels as though I'm frozen and nothing else can happen until I see that BFP.

I've been thinking about this post all day. I think the biggest difference is that my life is on hold.

A work-friend's leaving party on Friday? I'll be 6dpo so no glass of wine for me.
A holiday abroad next year? But what if I'm heavily pregnant or have a new baby? Best leave it a while.
Tai Bo class with my sister? But strenuous exercise isn't good in early pregnancy. Best give it a miss.
See some pretty bras on sale? But BBs will expand hugely in early pregnancy so best leave it a while just in case.

It feels as though I'm frozen and nothing else can happen until I see that BFP.
Yep that's me!! Life on hold!! even my fella says i'm a mammy without a child the way i plan my life!
I live in hope tho...it will happen!:flower:

I worry that if I move about before I take my temperature in the morning it will be wrong and that will cause me not to be pregnant.
I think twice before having a wee (do I need to catch it and dip a stick in it?)
I put on 'lucky' pants after BD (can't believe I told you this)
I look for sign that this might be the month in ANYTHING. Last month I found out that dry mouth is a symptom of pregnancy, I had a cold!!
Soon enough I will discover breathing in and out will be a symptom of pregnancy.
This is my first ever post!

I worry that if I move about before I take my temperature in the morning it will be wrong and that will cause me not to be pregnant.
I think twice before having a wee (do I need to catch it and dip a stick in it?)
I put on 'lucky' pants after BD (can't believe I told you this)
I look for sign that this might be the month in ANYTHING. Last month I found out that dry mouth is a symptom of pregnancy, I had a cold!!
Soon enough I will discover breathing in and out will be a symptom of pregnancy.
This is my first ever post!

I do some of these too! Yes I have thought twice before having a wee..do I want to test(even though it's only 7 days past ovulation and no way that it would show up yet anyways)

Maybe my problem is that when doing IUI I have been focused on my socks, I'm going to steal your idea and add lucky undies for the next one.

Cui: The pants only say 'lucky pants' on them. I don't have any evidence of their luck, sadly.
i also have about 3 iphone aps that I consult on a daily basis. It's amazing that I don't feel stressed

I love the lucky undies idea. I'm so going to get some lucky undies for after BD.

me too - LOL

I remembered another. At certain times of the month I account for stupidity and forgetfulness as pregnancy. After Af has started I realise it's just me. I put the saucepan lid in the cutlery draw tonight and couldn't find it for ages!!!

I came up with another one to add to my embarrassing list.

Does anyone else stare at their BFN's? I stare at mine and then hold them under the light and strain my eyes to maybe catch some sort of imaginary shadow of a second line.

Also by 10DPO I start getting really annoyed and just want the cycle over with so I can start a new one. Which is crazy as most people don't even think to start testing that early never mind giving up on a cycle.

And I feel like an A$$ for taking prenatal vitamins for six years...SIX stupid years, but it's one of those things that you have to keep on doing just in case.
I'm so sick of doing/not doing things just in case.:growlmad:

Does anyone else stare at their BFN's? I stare at mine and then hold them under the light and strain my eyes to maybe catch some sort of imaginary shadow of a second line.

Also by 10DPO I start getting really annoyed and just want the cycle over with so I can start a new one. Which is crazy as most people don't even think to start testing that early never mind giving up on a cycle.

And I feel like an A$$ for taking prenatal vitamins for six years...SIX stupid years, but it's one of those things that you have to keep on doing just in case.
Omg I do that as well with the test ,and stand at the window with it for ages to try and see the line that's not there better :haha::haha:

Yup I do that too, but actually when it was positive both times it was really faint so I´m scared to miss one now. Six years poor you!! Hope it works for you soon.
I stopped stopping things after the second mc. I wasn´t drinking at all, only herbal teas, no soft boiled eggs or blue cheese during tww. But then when I thought about it both times when I fell pregnant both times I had been drinking, not much but some, and plenty of women don´t know they are pregnant and carry on eating everything, so I decided that probably it is better to relax and live a little than play it safe. Fingers crossed it works but if not at least I won´t feel too frustrated when I have wasted tww wait depriving myself and trying to put my feet up.
Good luck and know that when you holding it up tp the light you are not alone!

Omg I do that as well with the test ,and stand at the window with it for ages to try and see the line that's not there better :haha::haha:

The window is also my favourite place to stare at my BFNs. It shows me much clearer that its NOT a BFP. I can see the line thats not there much better. :haha:

I have been following this thread with much interest and I'm absolutely fascinated by all of your comments. Like you I've wanted a baby for years but never had the patience or knowledge for that matter to do all this temping, charting, POAS-ing so I'm in awe of your focus and dedication. Some of it was caused by the lack of periods for years and years (almost 7 in total) so there was nothing as such to chart. But at the same time I do worry that I'm not quite like other women because I've been pretty much clueless for the last God knows how long. Should I admit that I've only ever taken 3 HPTs in my life (two of which were in the last two weeks?) :blush: :blush: I have NEVER POAS.

In fairness though I can say that when I managed to regulate my cycles a year ago I was more aware of the changes throughout the month i.e. EWCM (yeah I know what that is now! :winkwink:) that hot restless night when I got tangled up in the sheets (I assume that was my temperature rising) and that strange pain half way through my cycle together with an increased libido. (ovulation?) :dohh:

Perhaps some of you feel that maybe you're a little on the obsessive side but at least you aren't clueless and ignorant like me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->