What Are you buying the Grandparents

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPmum2B

Reaction score
Both Grandads in particular are very difficult to buy for, really hoping for some ideas, otherwise its chocolate and socks again!! :)

Wine for my MIL's husband. My FIL I'm thinking of doing a soup-themed gift basket. My dad is getting a book on his favorite football team and a DVD documentary on the same team.

For my grandparents I'm getting a nice tin of biscuits and a plant that flowers as my grandma loves anything like flower or plants.
Last year I got them a hamper

For my grandparents, Lily and I have made bird seed feeders which I will wrap in celephane with ribbon and have made a tag saying 'made by Lily'.

For Lily's grandparents we have got one grandad a go ape voucher, the other a photo plaque by Laura Godbold. One Nan has got clothes and the other we're yet to buy for.

For my Parents (Colin's Grandparents) we have 3 sets:

My MIL/FIL:

A hamper with stuff to pamper themselves with like slippers, neck massager etc.

My Father/Step-mother:

A book for each of them and a dinner and a movie gift card.

My mother and Step father:

I have no idea!!

For my grandparents, a first edition of a book they had as children and some sweets.
For husband's grandma, a Tudor cross and some traditional English sweets (she's in America)
For the kid's grandparents:
My mum - a vintage necklace, onion goggles and a book (The Timewaster Letters), plus my daughter painted her a ceramic duck and a scarf from the baby.
My dad - went halfsies on an electric drum kit, some headphones. Plus a stone guitar pick and a t shirt from the children.
Husband's mum - a rice cooker, a purse that says 'from England with love' and a photo scrap book from the kids.
Husband's dad doesn't do Christmas. He's a miserable git! I imagine we'll just have a slightly awkward phonecall where everyone politely asks each other how things are going and then makes excuses why we really have to go.

Gets harder every year doesn't it? I feel like I've exhausted all my best ideas.

For fobs mam and dad ive got them a food hamper with crackers and oil and chutney in
Will also get them some sweets, some alcoholic drink and either a photo of lo or a photo calendar.

for my nana im gonna get her a photo calender, not sure what else

For my mam ive no idea what to get her off the kids

Grandad is getting a wooden personalised watch box. It's gorgeous I'm so impressed with it, holds 5 watches.

Grandma is getting a posh perfume bottle personalised from the kids with some nice perfume to go in it.

Then grandad will get a food hamper...jams, cheese and chutneys etc and he I setting a photo puzzle as DS1 saw these in tesco and it's all he has wanted to buy him since. Iv got a photo of the three kids holding a blackboard that says 'we love you grandad' so using that photo.

Grandma is getting a little treats hamper and the photo calender she asks for every year xx

We're going heavy on the kids making presents this year so for my grandparents we'll be painting bird houses for the garden with handprints and making a canvas of mistle toes (pinterest) and salt doh plaques and maybe ornaments and big christmas cards. For my dad I'm a bit unsure but will get homemade truffles with the kids presents and a fossil watch I've got my eye on. Hubbys dad will be getting a sculpture made from an old record, its really cool and he's into strange convo starting pieces so should love it.

I'm using december to get all the kids craft stuff done which my lb will love and stay entertained so two birds and all :)

My Grandparents or Rileys? :) Mine - I've got a couple of bath/tea sets between them.. Then I'm going to get them a 10x 8 framed photograph of Riley to replace the one on their wall and a bottle of Gentleman Jack Whiskey for my Grandad.

We don't buy for OH's grandparents and they don't buy for us. x

For my gran I've got her cardigans did OH nan I got her smellies and two christmas books and school pics

For my dad and partner I given them both mechanical watches as they fed up of buying batteries. Lol and some baileys and beer.

For my mam the grandmother willow figure, Linda Bellingham book, baileys gift set and detective quiz game for one.

His and hers mugs, hers with a pair of fluffy socks and his with some humbugs!

We're doing an Italian themed food hamper, a nice chrismassy tin of biscuits and a photo calendar from lo.

It's FIL's b'day right after christmas and we have no idea what to buy him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"