what are you doing different this time

mummy2anangel

Reaction score
hi ladies i was just wondering if theres anything youre doing different this time to safeguard your pregnancy. i had MMC in feb :cry: (we werent trying but were thrilled anyway) the day i got the BFP i stopped smoking, drinking and satrted takin folic acid, but it just wasnt meant to be. this time obviously were trying ive stopped smoking beforehand this time as i started again after MMC with all the stress, im taking vitamins already and i dont drink at all. just a silly question really lots of babydust to you all :baby:

Hi, I think it's a great question. Although we aren't doing anythign different other than I am making more effort with exercise this time round, not only is it a distraction but I am hoping it will help recovery after birth because I am not so young in childbirth terms any more!!!

I would love to hear what others are doing differently too

Good luck everyone x

oh lindy i think thats good that you have something to take ur mind off things i really should start excersing too but i get wheexy running upstairs hehe. im so sorry to hear about your loss :hug:

:)

I am only a day behind you, 5dpo.. when are you testing, are you planning on waiting until AF is due?
x

Im quitting smoking as well. Stopped as soon as I got my BFP but want to be more prepared this time.

yeah i think its goo 2 stop beforehand this time :). lindyloo im an idot and tested this morning 7dpo BFN obviously haha i think im going to wait until 13dpo as i dont really know when im due AF cos my cycles are still all over after MC :( x

well at least you kind of expect a BFN at 7dpo... you are testing next saturday, thats when I plan to test :) we are going away on Saturday camping and I am a bit worried about getting my AF while we are away and being sad but I figure that it's better to know.
FX'd for you x

you aswell, ill post on this thread once ive tested good luck to you hun fxd x

This time im going to make sure i keep eating healthy and properly and taking my vitamins. Last time i stopped because i was feeling so sick all the time.

I'm also not going to do any painting. I still think that it might have caused it as i was so ill the next day.

i have a problem with the smoking too, i have stopped but its still niggling me a bit

Last time i took folic acid and pregnacare

This time, while TTc i have singlehandedly kept holland and barrett afloat. im getting out of hand:

Pregnacare
5mg folic acid
50mg of B6 before ov
Red Raspberry leaf
omega 3's
evening primrose oil before ov / half dose of flaxseed after ov
low dose aspirin after ov
Co-enzyme Q10
Grapefruit juice for cm

Im allowed one night out during af and will drink no more than 5 drinks, no alcohol at all otherwise. I've also given up sugar, green tea and coffee. Which, weirdly, im not missing at all.

Husband is taking Wellman inc folic acid and co enzyme Q10

oh wow nayto uve really gone all out havent you im just taking pregnacare and feeling a bit guilty now seeing all of that ive heard a few woment take asprin what does it do? good luck to you and keep at the no smoking will all be worth it in the end :) x :baby:

Hi M

I can add to that list now, i got some soy isoflavones today too

the aspirin is under study at the mo, i think the biggest study ends in 2012 so at the moment, theres a bit of speculation as to whether it helps or not in some areas

its established to help prevent miscarriage if you have clotting disorders.*Low dose aspirin (has to be 75mg in uk or 81mg in US) improves blood flow, so can help stop clots forming in the placenta. The more grey areas are whether it improves fertility by boosting circulation to the ovaries and uterine lining and whether it can help prevent unexplained miscarriages, possibly through anti inflammatory properties. I think theres initial studies that suggest it may also reduce natural killer cells and help against some auto immune caused miscarriage too.

My problem is that i am taking omegas and other oils that also thin the blood, so i dont know what levels are safe for me to take them together. So i just taking it after ov as i am taking more oil before ov to help with ewcm. You should talk to your dr if you want to take it because there are health implications if you have any stomach disorders for eg, the experts generally tend to agree that low dose aspirin doesnt harm, but it might not help either unless you have a specific disorder its proven to work against

Ok, I'm about to sound neurotic, but here it goes. Some of these things I was doing from the get go. Some of them are new. Here's what I've been doing:

acupuncture
red raspberry leaf tea until Ov
EPO (for CM) until Ov
grapefruit juice (for CM) until Ov
prenatal vitamin
B6 - 100 mgs
B12 - 250 mcgs
folic acid - 4 mgs
fish oil until Ov
soy isoflavones - CD days 3-7 to jump start Ov (I Ov late)
baby aspirin from Ov to AF or BFP and beyond
progesterone cream from Ov to AF or BFP and beyond (for short luteal phase)
charting temps
pre-seed (just ordered Conceive Plus so will try that this cycle)
exercise
eating healthy - lots of fruits and veggies
only 1 glass of wine a week
DH just started taking Fertile Aid

I think that's it! It sounds more daunting than it really is. I also try to go out with friends as much as possible, garden, read, sew, dance. Whatever I can do to trigger my endorphins.

I've started some reflexology, taking pregnacare, started exercising more, joined Slimming World, almost quit smoking (had slight lapse on weekend!), trying to cut down on booze, eating organic fruit and veg, doing a daily relaxation cd, going to use some conceive plus and started with the CBFM and temping this month.

I'm also getting my DH some Wellman vitamins and going to get him some sunflower seeds for extra zinc :haha:

think ill have a look into the aspirin thing, eeh u girls sure are dedicated, oh yeah im at slimming world too as when i was preg with my son i put on 5n half stone hehe eating for 7 i think best of luck to all of you i hope you all get nice sticky BFP's soon :) x

i have stopped drinking caffienne and am not drinking anything inless i am on af....

i am also trying not to lift the heavy children at work and i am not changing nappies as they always kick me in the stomach

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->