What are you doing for LO's first birthday?

Natasha2605

2 girlies <3
Reaction score
Just wondering.

Summer's not 1 for four months but I just dunno what to do for it. I'm such an organised person I want to start thinking now :)

It'll be the end of May and I suggested maybe the zoo to OH, he just went ''The Zoo? For her birthday?'' Maybeee not then :wacko:

Ideally I'd like to maybe just have family round but that would mean at least 15 from mine and about 10 from OH's. Our families have never met but I don't know if I'd be able to relax knowing my mum's in the same room as OH's mum (my mum knows how MIL treats me and would be gunning for her if she put a foot wrong). My mum says if that's what I want to do then obv she'll not cause any trouble with MIL but I just dont know.

So share your ideas/experiences ::)

I think we're going to the zoo with her step brother and sister, my sister and niece and probably my mum to help keep control :lol: the weather when they were born was lovely last year, and I think the zoo would be a nice day out with no washing up for me :lol:

I'm trying to organize my lo first bday too, I'm v organized too, can't bare leaving things till last min!

I'm thinking family and friends around my house, will bake cupcakes etc, however I moved to Dublin and my family is in harrogate, oh family in eastbourne, so there is now the question, if we have in uk, who's house?? Why can't things just be simple??

I guess it's more for us than them, not sure they're too aware of what's goi on at that age? But I'm just sooooo excited! And is a great excuse to get people together to show off your lo!

If anyone has any ideas, i too would love to hear!

We had a huge party for Katie, i started organising in Jan as well as it was less stressful.

V xxx

I'm trying to organize my lo first bday too, I'm v organized too, can't bare leaving things till last min!

I'm thinking family and friends around my house, will bake cupcakes etc, however I moved to Dublin and my family is in harrogate, oh family in eastbourne, so there is now the question, if we have in uk, who's house?? Why can't things just be simple??

I guess it's more for us than them, not sure they're too aware of what's goi on at that age? But I'm just sooooo excited! And is a great excuse to get people together to show off your lo!

Just noticed our girls share the same birthday! That's so cool.

Would you have many kids going if you had it at yours?

Thanks for the ideas... i just don't know.

V- Did you have it at a softplay place or somewhere else? We don't know many babies so I thought a party party would be a bit silly xx

Im not too sure yet but she will be having a joint birthday party with her cousion whos 3 weeks older then her :)

Iv been thinking about this too!!!!!! My LO's brithday is also in may!! 21st! I love the Zoo idea! but my nearest zoo is about an hours drive away :( x

we either going to the zoo or sea world his birthday is march s

We're going to the zoo on her birthday, may 26th, then on the Saturday will probably have a family BBQ at my mums. Problem is mil might see this as us favouring my family but we don't have room at ours and mil would never be bothered to have one at hers

We'd planned to go the zoo but I'll be heavily pregnant and suffer SPD so that's not practical. Instead we're going to go on a "teddy bears picnic" to the park with her cousins and a couple of her little friends. Weather permitting, as it's bank holiday weekend! If it's horrible we'll just have a tea party instead :)

Just noticed our girls share the same birthday! That's so cool.

Would you have many kids going if you had it at yours?

Thanks for the ideas... i just don't know.

V- Did you have it at a softplay place or somewhere else? We don't know many babies so I thought a party party would be a bit silly xx

Ooh how funny! Glad I'm not the only one organising waaaay in advance! :haha:

I don't know many babies at all, and none that would be nearby to come to rubys birthday. Was thinking would have about 20 friends and family and thought would be best at either my mums or mil house, as ruby has her own cot there, her toys etc and I can imagine it getting overwhelming for her, so at least she can have her proper naps somewhere comfy.

Was jest gonna go mad with the decorations, cupcakes, party favors etc! X

I'm thinking of a picnic in the park. Hopefully weather will be good then ( end June)

LO will be one first of March, there will be a party n d house and am preparing a movie using windows movie maker for LO's b-day presentation. My head is spinning coz at 11 months I have a lot of files (vids n pics), to many choose from and I'm too greedy I wanna put most of them, eh I plan my mov to be at least 20-30 mins, hopes it fits! LOL!

Either zoo or clacton 4 us delending on weather cant be dealing with all the family coming over pretending they care when they've only seen her 7 times in 10 months but im looking forward 2 having brill day no matter what we do all enjoy ur days x

Lo's birthday is ages away but I'm already planning it, we're hiring a marquee and getting lots of types of entertainment, I have a lot of young relatives (I have thirty + first cousins, big families are big in Italy) and I want it to be a special day for them too :)

I think the zoo is a brill idea!!

Me and Sophie go to a playgroup where they have loads of toys etc, and I think we are going to hire it- there is another baby who's birthday is a week before hers so I think we are going to do a joint one (makes sense as we will invite virtually all of the same ppl).
It is £70, so it will only cost us £35 each. Think we are going to make some pass the parcels and do other games like that too x

I think I've finally decided that I'm going to book a party at a soft play place neat us. It's £5 per child which includes food, but under ones are free. So I think they'll be 10 kids from 1-6 years old, and 3 babies under 1.

This way, everyone can celebrate together, have cake etc and it'll only be about £50 which I don't think is too bad.

Our house isn't big enough to host a party and the weather is still likely to be cold, so I think this is the best solution. My mum has never met MIL either, and me and OH have been together 9 years!

poppys birthday falls on a monday so we are having family only round for a wee party on the saturday before (bout 18 ppl including us) with a peppa pig theme :haha: and then my oh has booked the day of her actual birthday off and we are going out for lunch, then a trip to soft play!

We are hiring a hall and having a bouncy castle/ball pit if I can organise myself !

Evie is 1 on Easter Sunday so we have that long bank holiday weekend for her birthday :)

On the Friday me DH and Evie will go out, maybe the zoo, maybe Brighton beach or something.

Saturday we will be at MILs and Sunday at my mums for her actual birthday.

On Monday we will have an open house for a few hours in the afternoon for our friends to come round to see her

We split the grandparents as there are so many people on each side of the families that it made more sense to space it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->