What are you getting OH for Valentines??

OH and I agreed we aren't going to do much this year as we need to save every penny for our wedding. So probably just get him a card & maybe an iTunes voucher (just because he's been nagging for one forever lol) We do normally go overboard so feels strange not getting him much although I know we will make up for it next year! I know some people say you don't need a day to tell you to show how much you love each other etc and We do in our own little ways every day but for us valentines day is just a great excuse to spoil each other even more :winkwink: xx

We don't usually bother with Valentines Day but I was shit at Christmas and didn't get him anything to open so I've bought him an Avengers phone cover as he got a new phone yesterday. I'll also make him a plateful of potato cakes cos he loves them lol. I do need a day to show OH how much I love him cos I'm really unaffectionate generally :haha:

We've only been seeing each other sinse september but I've got him a Daniel Johnston t shirt his favourite musician a Tibetan style bracelet with Amber beads and our initials and I've made him a keyring with lots of ribbons as he used to like stroking ribbon to get him to sleep as a child ... I've got a feeling I'm getting a vintage ring a ring of what type is unknown nerve racking!!!!!!!!!

Not getting a gift but will cook her a meal (or possibly a takeaway) and me and the kids are going to bake her favourite cake. Oh and a card. Im a bit gutted actually as the kids are going to their dads for the weekend so we could have gone out for tea, but she's at work until 8.30pm

I'm getting him a dart board. He's been after one for ages and I keep telling him he's not allowed one haha. I keep saying things like, we'll discuss it when we have a bigger house, and there's nowhere to put it. I hope it's going to be a nice surprise for him

I have the same rule. But the. Oh became smarter than me and bought a free standing dart board.

Well since we have no money (lots on credit card and in overdraft and about 5p in the joint) we will have a meal. It was our anniversary last week anyway so it's not too bad.

I'm getting him a dart board. He's been after one for ages and I keep telling him he's not allowed one haha. I keep saying things like, we'll discuss it when we have a bigger house, and there's nowhere to put it. I hope it's going to be a nice surprise for him

I have the same rule. But the. Oh became smarter than me and bought a free standing dart board.

Well since we have no money (lots on credit card and in overdraft and about 5p in the joint) we will have a meal. It was our anniversary last week anyway so it's not too bad.

I've got him one that comes in the cupboard so it minimises the risk of holes in the wall haha. He's good at darts so its not like it's a common occurance, and I've already figured out where he can put it that's it's not going to be ugly and on show (the sitting room door opens next to a wall and we generally keep it open so he can put it on that wall, the door will keep it hiddn and he can just close the door when he wants to play

Yeah the cabinets are good oh has one of them as well but as it's rented can't put holes in the wall :(.

Ours is rented too, but with a broken floorboards, black marker on the wall and a slightly burnt carpet I think we've kissed the bond goodbye already haha. No they did say we could put things on the wall, as long as we fill any holes before we leave x

Haha I am unsure whether we could but he's happy being able to move the board about as am I when I want to watch tv

I got him an attack on Titan Tshirt he wanted, marvel comics duvet cover and some pop tarts. He got me some new trainers a couple of weeks ago but he's said he's getting me another present too, don't know what. And were getting Chinese. We do nice things for each other anyway though so it's not really a big deal!
Last year we went away for a couple of nights but were doing they in April this year instead x

I got DH a card and a couple of new earings as he likes to change them around. We are going for a meal but will take lo with us so will save the romance for the bedroom once lo's in bed.

Its our 7 year anniversary the next day so we celebrate then. Cards and a nice romantic meal :)

A card and a negative pregnancy test!! :rofl: he's also getting a filling off the dentist :haha:

Well we were supposed to be going out for a meal and going to the cinema but I am in bed with a sickness but so it's all been cancelled :(

I made my other half a card (im attempting being a crafty mummy!) and 2 tickets to see Jimmy Carr (because i really want to go!) :) x

Well we were supposed to be going out for a meal and going to the cinema but I am in bed with a sickness but so it's all been cancelled :(

It was touch and go whether we would go out as I was hospitalised on Tuesday night with gastritis. We did end up going out but it was a big mistake as I was up in pain and being sick all night :( now on a bland diet for a while until I see my doctor. The A&E doctors were crap and didn't tell me there were things I should avoid so I didn't think twice before ordering what I wanted last night. I looked it up online and basically my whole meal was made up of things I shouldn't have been eating!! xx

I made my husband his gift. Something I usually do, but this Valentines I went above what I normally do.

This is what I made him:

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y507/Tabwayne105/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1218_zps544kqqh1.jpg

I bought the chest and stained it, then terribly painted Happy Valentines Day on the front. I couldn't find my stencils :(

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y507/Tabwayne105/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1216_zpse0srzas1.jpg

And on the inside of the chest it was full of these handmade envelopes that all had different scenarios for when to open them.

Like, "Open when it's Valentines day" "Open when You're Happy" etc...

And inside each envelope is something to match each scenario. So far he's opened three envelopes, the Valentines one, the "Just for fun" one and the when you're happy one.

He loves it very much!

I made my husband his gift. Something I usually do, but this Valentines I went above what I normally do.

This is what I made him:

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y507/Tabwayne105/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1218_zps544kqqh1.jpg

I bought the chest and stained it, then terribly painted Happy Valentines Day on the front. I couldn't find my stencils :(

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y507/Tabwayne105/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1216_zpse0srzas1.jpg

And on the inside of the chest it was full of these handmade envelopes that all had different scenarios for when to open them.

Like, "Open when it's Valentines day" "Open when You're Happy" etc...

And inside each envelope is something to match each scenario. So far he's opened three envelopes, the Valentines one, the "Just for fun" one and the when you're happy one.

He loves it very much!

Thats lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back