What are your getting YOUR grandparents/elderly friends and relatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs_T

Reaction score
I always end up buying mg grandparents biscuits, chocolates or jams/chutneys and would really like a different idea...what do you get for your grandparents/ anyone elderly you buy for?

Thanks in advance ☺

My nana is 88 and I've bought her pyjamas, cardigan and top all from debenhams. Will pick her up some chocs too :)

I always need new ideas, but we've done things like potted plants, bird house, cookbook, photos of LO. I find it very hard because I'm buying for DH's family and I don't know their size for clothing or diet restrictions so can't really buy food.

One year DH's family did a big family portrait photo as a gift with the extended family.

I saw lovely snow globes in asda today for £4, the kind you put a photo in so you can personalise it. They looked really lovely and I think I'm going to get a few for DD to give to grandparents/ great aunts etc

I don't have any elderly relatives left but for my mum's elderly neighbour (who tells me off every year for buying her a gift but I'm still going to), and OH's relatives I'm making soaps, little crocheted face cloths and scented jar candles. Tbh I'm just making a bunch of them and gifting them to anyone that isn't immediate family :lol:

Thanks for the ideas! It's hard cos they always say at their age they don't need/want more 'stuff' so I try to get things they'll actually use! Also my budget for them is always quite small.

I like the pot plant idea...my grandparenta have a conservatory full of pot plants so that'd go down well! I also thought about a calendar- maybe a national trust one or bird one- they're quite into nature/wildlife etc.

Following I've been wondering the same thing

My nan and my MIL are the only ones really. We tend to get them things like photogifts (calendar, or for MIL we did a jigsaw with a photo of her dog on) and then things that will get used up.

The other thing that goes down well with my nan is bingo vouchers for mecca bingo. She goes about 4 nights a week.

If I can get ceramic markers cheap enough, I think I will do the mugs. I heard sharpie markers come off easy.

Photo mugs, photo calendars, slippers, Knitting stuff if they knit/embroider, Lacy tablecloth, Nightie/dressing gown, purse/bag/brolly combo, Hat scarf and gloves set, homemade hamper.... xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"