What are your opinions on dressing siblings in identical clothes?

porkypig

Reaction score
I don't know why but this bugs the hell out of me, especially if the siblings arnt twins- what are your opinions on this?

I wouldn't as I think each child has their own personality and that clothing them the same stifles it.
However I did notice the other day that i'd dressed Boo in a green top and hoody with blue leggings. Haribo i'd dressed in a green top & hoody and he has blue plastercasts so they matched :haha:. They did look cute though :dohh:.

I think it's nice! Not for everyday but for an occasion, and it probably wouldn't be completely identical but very similar. I imagine I will do it with my boys anyway

Yeah it bugs me too as I like to promote individualism. My mum always dressed me and my younger sister (by 14 months) in the same clothes but different versions. Like we had the same dress but hers was blue and mine was yellow, and she made some clothes and I had the dress whilst she had the romper style. I think that just pushed us close and into having to share everything. I'd rather have chosen my own clothes and my sister done the same, if we happened to like the same thing then great but I hated wearing the same stuff as her as I was never just me I was me and my sister. It was like we were twins when we weren't actually twins and I just wanted to be me sometimes. Obviously it stopped when we were old enough for my mum to let us pick out our own clothes. I think this is why I dressed the way I did as a teenager, it was because I wanted it to be as different from how my sister dressed as I could get. So even then it wasn't really my own style, it just wasn't hers....

...if that made any sense. I guess I'm still a little bitter lol. But yes, every time I see children in the same clothes especially when they aren't twins it bugs me x

I don't really like it especially if theres a good few years age gap. My daughter has a very particular sense of style since age 3 and I know would hate matching with a baby haha

I just can't see why people would do it? Surely everyone's individual and unique why not celebrate that?

I think it's well cute when they're diddy. Sometimes when Lucas was a baby I'd match his and my outfits. That was weird :lol:

Some things the girls have the same.

They both have the same coat and cardigan. Partly because the coat is perfect for the weather etc, it fit them both well and i find it easier out and about anyway.

They have the same swimming set (top and shorts) and for ease when at the pool.

They have the same Next leggings that i love because they go with everything and last ages.

I would never put them in the same outfit though but if when they are older and they ask too i wouldnt say no.

I never did it but now my five and eight year old like to from time to time, but that is completely their choice.

I don't like it, my friend does it every day with her 6 yr old and 23 month old right down to same shoes. I think it's cute for special occasions but not every day, I find it odd.

Do you think people do it because maybe when they go shopping, it's just easier to pick two of the same outfit for their kids?

I guess they must think its cute or the kids ask to dress the same.

I know someone with identical twins.
She constantly bangs on about how each child is different and has his own personality, and that she hates people referring to her boys as 'The Twins' (they have names you know!!), yet dresses them in matching outfits every bloody day!!

A workmate of mines does it with her 2 boys age 4 and 3 - she says it's easier to just buy the same stuff at the same time and she'll stop once they start school. It's quite cute but there's not a huge age gap between them and they do look like twins. My friend who does have identical twins, dresses hers the same but slightly different colours/patterns mostly so she can tell them apart!

Do you think people do it because maybe when they go shopping, it's just easier to pick two of the same outfit for their kids?

I think partly that plus when their small it is your taste in clothes and therefore your taste doesn't necessarily change child to child

It's not something I'd do but I'm not bothered if others do. I imagine it must be quite hard work to keep them matching? My DS goes through about 3 changes of clothes a day, so if I tried to match them I'd be constantly changing clothes!

Omg I love it! Haha! I love it when you see diddy girlies with matching outfits. (On my own there obvs)

I think it's fine to buy the same clothes for your kids but you don't have to put them both in the same outfits at the same time. I would definitely buy them the same things if I had the same sex child and I really like it but I wouldn't put them in it at the same time x

I dress my twins the same most of the time, especially as they are so different, I personally think its nice to highlight the fact they are twins.

My singleton isn't dressed the same as the twins, possibly for a special occasion.

As the twins get old I tend to dress them less the same because they're developing their own tastes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->