What are your opinions on dressing siblings in identical clothes?

I dress my identical twin boys kinda the same but not - i tend to buy multi packs of tshirts so they always coordinate with each other but they always have the same pants/ shorts on. Both have the same shoes but in different colours - Ben has brown and Finn has the blue version. They have the same size feet but i wouldn't want them sharing shoes.
I do find it odd when kids are dressed the same when not twins but i guess its easier then having to choose different but equally nice outfits!

I think for special occasions its cute... like for a wedding... see :haha:

1011951_4574932111452_1499680954_n.jpg

Althought for everyday wear, maybe not so. My daughter has a totally different style to what my partners daughter has.

I do sometimes, they have about 5 outfits the same. I think it's cute but wouldn't do it when their older ( they're 2 and nearly 4 now )

I remembered me and my sister did occasionally, we're 4 years apart!! I think seeing pics of us like that is adorable. But personally it's not something I'd do. Plus if I ever have 2 girls ill be so excited by the choice compared to boys I'd have to buy as much as possible!!

On occasion it can be cute, but if it's all the time then it's excessive as they are individuals and should be treated as such :)

My Mum dressed me and my 3 sisters the same at one point!! We were like the Von Trapps! :rofl: I'll need to find a pic!

I wouldn't do it personally,however I know my nieces,who are 5 and 3 but wear similar sized clothing to eachother often pick out the same clothes and then wear them at the same time at their choice.sil has always let them pick what they wear each day even if its pyjamas and the little girls love eachother and the small one is always copying her big sister.so that could be a reason if u see matching siblings!

My sister and I are two years apart and we would sometimes have special occasion outfits that were the same. Sometimes as we got older it was because we had similar tastes and wanted the same thing.
I don't dress my boys the same although they do have a few items that are the same but I try not to put them in them at the same time. As a previous poster has said it's mostly because they are so young the choices are mine not theirs.

My 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter wear matching clothing fairly often. It is nothing to do with looking cute, it is partly practicality and partly because they both want the same things (it started because DD always wanted to wear a Thomas top when DS wore his). I tend to buy reduced supermarket clothing, so when I spot a bargain it makes sense to buy it in both children's sizes if possible (my daughter tends to wear a lot of clothes from the boys' aisle anyway). If we are going on a day out, then I deliberately put out matching clothes for them to wear as it is so much easier to keep an eye on them. The rest of the time they are free to choose their own clothes, sometimes they love to be matching and sometimes they wear completely different things.

https://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss51/freckleonear/Clothes_zpsb833075d.jpg

Its cute to a certain point. But beyond that it just gets silly. (There is a set of 30 something twins who used to come into my work wearing matching outfits) That isn't cute that is weird.

But most people I know with twins don't do it for the 'they have their own personality' reason

sometimes if I see a nice item of clothing in the shop and they have both sizes available for Alex and Jason then I'll buy one each.
They don't often wear them both at the same time though. If it happens, it's just coincidental that I (or they) have grabbed the same stuff on the same day.
They've never had the EXACT same outfit on though. Just maybe the same shorts or something.

It's not my thing on a daily basis but they do have one matching outfit we've dressed them identical in for a special occasion. It was cute. :)

I wouldn't do it on an everyday basis but every once in awhile for a special occasion, I don't see the big deal.

I doubt my kids will ever match though, you don't normally see boys and girls matching.

Not really something I can get worked up about either way to be honest!

It can be quite cute, especially in a big sibling/little sibling way or for special occasions, as a way to say "We are family", and I can definitely understand budget reasons for it.

I have a friend who has twins and they like to wear variations on the same outfit, ie same style top and skirt and leggings but in different colours, and I think that's really cute.

If you forced it on your children even though they disliked it, that would be another thing.

I LOVE it, not every day but when you see siblings on special occasions I like it really cute. If my eldest was here I would have my two boys in same putfits but different colours etc for Christmas/ family occasions etc. I just think its cute.
My sister n me were dressed the same occassionally and it didn't do us any harm:thumbup:

I personally wouldn't do it, my mum used to buy me and my sister identical clothes and got us to wear them at the same time I used to hate it! It was even more annoying the amount of comments we got off old ladies 'aww look at the twins' (there's 2 years between me and my sister) having said that I'm going to have 1 boy 1 girl do I think its safe to say my kids wouldn't get the same outfit anyways haha

I wouldn't do it on a day to day basis especially as Isaac is now interested in what he wears so I buy things in colours and with things he likes. I will do the same for his little brother.

But for special occasions when they are going to be dressed up in clothes they wouldn't normally wear I think its adorable! I plan to get them both matching chinos and smart little shirts to wear on Christmas day.

I'd never do it on a day to day basis but they do have the same next jacket because it was the only one I liked for over the summer. I did put off buying it as I dont usually like them matching but I do think it's fine with jackets of shoes. A bit weird with full outfits:

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/20130515_125937_zps6722ac24.jpg

I've never seen anyone else with this jacket in our area so its always easy to spot them in busy parks etc which is a bonus.

This is how I always imagine siblings to be LOL

https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a9/63/84/a96384e8867ca2fcb7140642f7df5a30.jpg

I didnt like it - now I do. They wear the same coats,trainers, and tops sometimes,
TBH I don't care what other people think :shrug:
They certainly do have their own styles too though, some things I put on Alex I wouldn't dress Tori in, its not "her". Alex doesnt seem to "suit" dresses and girly things in her hair, yet Tori rocks it

Another thing - Alex adores to point out things are the "same" , so for now, I'm all good with it <3
1044238_10151646091679318_442230477_n.jpg

1157536_10151743875859318_1795179494_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back