What are your opinions on dressing siblings in identical clothes?

Generally no but sometimes it just looks too cute! My two have some tshirts that people have given them and I can't dress Harvey in one without Vincent wanting to wear his too. We had a screaming match one morning because Vincent thought Harvey was wearing his Spiderman tshirt!

I can't really say anything though as even when they are wearing different outfits, they are both usually in jeans, tshirt and Converse.

Can't say I'd ever thought about it in much detail and of all the things I can get annoyed about in terms of other parents' actions this isn't one of them lol.

However, being pregnant with my second DS I have every intention to put the boys in matching outfits at Christmas if he's born in time and I defy anyone not to find a newborn and his proud big brother wearing the same outfit cute :p would I do it everyday? na prob not, no way I cold be that well co-ordinated with the laundry, but if I wanted to, I would.

I think it is cute in certain situations. I can't say I would do it regularly or that is annoys me when other people do it, in fact I have never given it much thought tbh.

I think there is probably an age limit where it goes from being cute to being weird.

I like it sometimes. The closest mine have got though is similar smart trousers and smart t-shirt with a collar. Not quite the same :). Although they have one pair of shorts that are the same, they're light karky ones that my mum bought them both.

I hate it! Probably because my mum often did it with me and my sister x

i dont see nothing wrong with it:S sometimes i dress my boys the same :S theres 16 mo between them

I think for twins or youngters is can be cute! But Evelyn and Ivy are so different its just not plausible here. They have some things the same, mainly brought by others but mostly they are different.

Each to their own. I wouldn't dress siblings the same every day, especially if I had identical twins, but I wouldn't be averse to it on occasion if the children were happy with it. Or having matching coats maybe - good waterproofs for going on walks etc can be hard to find and not many design choices.

My lo and her cousin who's a few months older had matching party dresses a while back and they loved dressing up the same. It made them happy so why not?

It doesn't offend me when people dress children the same though, at lo's nursery there are identical twins who have the same outfit every day. Goodness knows how their parents are so regimental with laundry lol but I certainly don't get bothered by their outfits.

We try to dress the boys the same but they're twins. We will probably try to coordinate when we have another though. I think it's cute when they all look like they belong together. When they're young they don't really even know what they're wearing though. When they get older we'll let them select their own most of the time so they'll decide if they match or not.

I think is cute dressed the same I think for twins not sure for siblings with a few years between them x

I love it when I see twins dressed the same soooo cute! And also little siblings but as they get older i wouldn't... I remember when I was younger getting annoyed with my my mum as she always liked to dress me and my younger sister the same x

At this moment my girls are wearing the same dress. Dont do it often but its cute now and then. Im sorry but a 2 yo and a 9 mo dont really have a style yet so its ridiculous to go on about reflecting their personality till they are older

If I had twins I probably would put them in matching outfits when they were younger but not siblings. I don't really like it when older siblings are in the same outfit, especially when there's 3 or 4 of them :L
However, I have bought DD a panda onsie and this baby a panda fleecy sleepsuit/snowsuit thing for Christmas which match but they're adorable ;) And DD won't wear it out :L

At this moment my girls are wearing the same dress. Dont do it often but its cute now and then. Im sorry but a 2 yo and a 9 mo dont really have a style yet so its ridiculous to go on about reflecting their personality till they are older

As they get older they do, mine are only 2 and 3 but have their own style a little. Willow suits the girly pink clothes where as River also suits the quirkier style.

I have got my two the same Christmas pyjamas for Christmas eve.... I think that'll look cute. Day to day they don't have anything that is the same x

Lily definitely does and she's only 13 months. She doesn't suit pink at all, it doesn't look or feel right on her, it never has. She's another that suits the quirkier stlyes and also doesn't suit the REALLY girly things. She isn't a fan of wearing dresses because she can't run around or crawl in them. She likes longer tops because she likes twirling them but will try and pull dresses off when I first put them on x

My girls are 21 months apart and I'd say approx once a week they're dressed the same for one or more of these reasons:
- on a family outing if one wanders off I can direct ppl to look for a girl wearing "this outfit" as I point to her sister (not happened yet but could do!)
- they like to match
- the outfit is particularly cute and it's sweet seeing them dressed alike

No I hate it ! I often find myself when out and about thinking "why have they done that" my best friend has twins and it makes me cringe lol.... they all ready have the same face so why the need for matching outfits ? For me I just don't see the point and I would feel embarrassed. Of course there are worse things in the world lol but that is my thinking on it anyways ahah x

No I hate it ! I often find myself when out and about thinking "why have they done that" my best friend has twins and it makes me cringe lol.... they all ready have the same face so why the need for matching outfits ? For me I just don't see the point and I would feel embarrassed. Of course there are worse things in the world lol but that is my thinking on it anyways ahah x

This is what I feel too, of course there are worst things but for non twins with a gap of 2 years+ I don't get it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->