What can I do to prepare?

fuffyburra

Hattie Flower's mummy :)
Reaction score
Hey, as you've probably all seen (as I was so excited I think I might've e-screamed it at you lol) OH said the other night that we can start trying September 2011, 2 years away.
I've already voiced it half-heartedly in my journal, but I just wanted to ask anyone who's already had children or who's going to soon if there's anything you wish you'd done in preparation last time but didn't get around to, or anything you did that made life a whole lot easier when you finally did start TTC/get pregnant? Like saving money or whatever?
I just want to do something productive in the next 2 years I suppose lol, I want to enjoy the build up to it :)
The things I have so far are:
Start my little craft business, which I'm doing after Christmas.
Move out (can't do until OH finishes apprenticeship and gets payrise next September.
Get married (can't do until OH proposes, obviously lol)

That's it so far. Thanks everyone :) xx

Id get some money saved, ether for things for baby or to boost your income while on mat leave.
Loose any weight if you need to, eat healthy and get fit.
Do anything you want to do now, that will be harder with a baby, like go on holiday, go to a fesival, do something crazy!

We have been "trying" for the past 2 months or so and I started taking FA 5 months ago.

We have been saving for a while and now that we are actually doing something about it, we have also started a private schools fund. Education is something that is important to us so we are making moves so ensure we can afford the best by the time they need it.

Other than that, if you smoke or drink, I would can the smoking now and the drinking a few months before you start and just generally take good care of yourself.

My OH is a vegetarian and we both have good diets so we eat well and feel well.

Other than that, don't get too caught up in it and have fun!

xxx

Yep, definately start a baby fund -watching that money pot grow, not quite as exciting as watching the bump grow, but I love checking out my baby fund and deciding what I am gonna buy for bubba when he/she eventually gets here.
Also, as others have said, think about special 'just the two of you' holidays - esp places you'd love to go but wouldn't neccessarily take a LO, like on safari, or climbing a monro, or anthing extreme like white water rafting etc.

Thanks everyone :) We've been snowboarding, and we go to Devon and Cornwall all the time to visit family and OH does all the extreme stuff with his friends (it's not my cup of tea lol). We're planning a holiday to either Canada or Tokyo next year, so we'll be saving for that next year hopefully :)
After that is when we intend to start the "future fund" lol. Neither of us smoke, we very rarely drink, and we eat right and both get exercise. All sorted on that front!
If I proposed to him he'd be well upset lol :p I'd be stealing his magical moment - apparently he has it all planned :D lol.
These are all great suggestions guys, thankyou so much :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->