What did your elf do today?

Our elf is sitting in a bowl of nuts with a note telling ds4 he needs to try harder. He's not had a good day I'm afraid

Thanks, I try to cut them some slack as I know they are excited and I know they've been ill but today was exceptional

Tonight they are leaving a banner saying merry christmas and their "elfie selfies" (we finally found them... we hid them away with the Christmas eve box fillers :dohh:)

DH sorted ours tonight and he has hidden it in the Christmas tree :xmas9:

I feel really bad now. The elf was just supposed to be fun and I'm worried he'll be upset in the morning, but DH thinks I should leave the note as he isn't listening to us when we say Santa's watching, so maybe he'll listen to the elf.

GH3RDqQ.jpg
some mustache mischief

Playing PlayStation. He's also left a note for ds4 telling him he's made it off the naughty list but needs to keep it up so he can get all of the presents Santa planned for him

Screenshot_20191221-201619_Gallery.jpg

@Phantom :rofl: thats amazing!

@motherofboys how did he react? My two were not impressed when we did a note saying they hadnt been behaving. Dd was grumpy for most of the day!

in the bag of gerbil food. Running out of ideas each night now. Not long left!

@Phantom :rofl: thats amazing!

@motherofboys how did he react? My two were not impressed when we did a note saying they hadnt been behaving. Dd was grumpy for most of the day!

DH got up with him and said he looked all serious and said he was going to be really good. By 10 he had been really bad again, but after that he calmed down a lot. I got a box of their small toys, like Lego sized people, and emptied it out and said every time he's good I'll put a toy back in and each toy represents a present. I started off giving them for really simple things and short spaces of time, like he was standing on the sofa but then sat down the first time he was asked, and he managed to be good while I ate a sandwich. He's allowed to go to Nannys tomorrow now as long as he can keep it together in the morning. I know it's an exciting time for them, but MIL doesn't like children really, especially when they aren't being still and quiet haha

Aww it's so hard isn't it.

My parents love my girls but said it's been hard work as they're just so excited and don't listen. We all need to be a bit more stricter and stick to our threats but never do.

My girls don't care if I say I'm going to ring Santa or send him a letter. They know they get presents regardless (even more so now they've seen my stash pic).

Don't be hard on yourself. Hopefully he will calm down a bit for you. After all the elves need to give us parents some advantage :-D

My mum hung some balloons today that DD2 wanted so the elves are climbing the string. I'm back in charge now #-o

I remember a few years ago, probably when he was about ds4s age, ds2 told me Christmas afternoon "I was naughty, but I still got presents"

It's really difficult and stressful when they act up :(

Sorted ours for tonight, he's hiding in DD's pencil case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->