What do I do now?

StonesWife

Momma & Wife WTT
Reaction score
My lil one is 3 months old and EBF. I work full time so I have to pump quite a bit. Well last week I had a night where I was away for 8 hours and couldn't pump and now I think my supply is screwed up. I can't seem to pump ANYTHING! I ususally get 2-4 oz from one pumping and today I've done 4 pumpings and only got 1/2 oz. I already take Fenurgreek (3 pills x 3 times a day). I think part of my problem is dehydration so I'm trying to flood myself with water... I ate oatmeal for breakfast... What else can I do? I also don't think she's getting as much to eat as she usually does.... :cry:

BTW thats a 1/2oz total from four pumpings... and now I'm going to have to pull a freezer stash....

pump 8-10 times including at least once in the night until your supply is back to what it was.

I got my supply back (well working on it) after a break of 5 weeks
Firstly try not to get stressed, easier I said, I know.

I have porridge for brekkie and lunch with fennel seeds on top (proper oats)
Water, I read you shouldn't flood yourself just drink to thirst.
I also drink red bush tea, but will also be having nettle tea
I take milk thistle supplement
With regards to pumping I power pump at night, to mimic cluster feeding, IE pump for 10 Min's rest 10 Min's, pump for 10 Min's and keep going even when no milk is there.
Throughout the day I have been expressing every 2 hours 20 Min's on either side.
I have been doing this since 17th Jan where I first expressed 1/2 oz I am now expressing 4oz, but I have had a break for 5 weeks from bf, so I'm sure you could get yours back within a few days.

Also I read on kellymom that people should only be able to pump 1/2 - 2oz from both breasts anything else could be oversupply issues.

Also babies are more efficient than pumps.

Sorry for waffling on just thought may be of some help.

www.kellymom.com is a fab website for supply issues.

Thanks girls...

When you say pump 8-10 times is that on top of feeding?

if you breast feed you dont need to pump that much but if not you need to. With it only being a short period it should come straight back with pumping alone and skin to skin with LO

try not to stress - easier said than done :hugs: it can really affect your letdown reflex xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->