What do you all do for a living / what are you studying?

I think we all should! The credit crunch is getting to people!

I go to university (this year I'm doing it from home).
Majoring in psychology and sociology in different fields/areas.

I also have a part-time job working in a bookstore,nice pay,good hours and a loooong maternity leave! :lol:

And this summer I did a paid internship working in a children's home supervising their interaction with possible foster/adoptive parents,LOVED IT! :D

I work full time for a Insurance and Financial Planning company. I am the Manager of Group Benefits.....so big, medium and small size companies come to us and we set them up with group benefits for their employees. I look after the marketing, new business, management and administration of all the companies.

I love my job and my boss!! I am continuing to work from home shortly after LO comes as I know I will miss my work.

xxxx

I'm going into my final year studying media and communications at uni.

- Not doing anything else at the moment, usually I'd get a part time job over the summer but thought not cos of LO this year - I feel really lazy compared to you guys!

I work in an infant school.

I work as a teaching assistant in one of the reception classes every morning and then i teach different year groups in the afternoon while the teacher has planning time.

I do enjoy my job and work with some great people. Everyone thinks working in a school is easy, but its really hard work and is mentally draining. Can't see myself ever doing anything else though.

I'm a legal recruitment consultant at the moment and still not sure of what I really want to do! I was a family solicitor until recently and left to move back home and because of the amount of stress and general nastiness of the whole thing - but now I miss the buzz and the mental challenge! Can't keep me happy but now isn't exactly the time to go looking for another job!!

Im a staff nurse in an Emergency Dept. Very busy at times but i love it! Cant wait to get back to it in March! x

I work in nursing in a very busy medical wing of the hospital. I've also worked in a foster home for Childrens Aid and with people with Accquired Brain Injuries :D I love to learn new things though.

I'm studying to be a lawyer :happydance: i cant wait, i'm going to do family law and be a children's reporter :)

Im a Qualified Nanny, looking after 2 little Girls aged 5 and 2.8.

Everyone thinks I play all day. . .but MAN its alot harder than that!!! :dohh:

Aaaah we have some hard working clever girlies on here xx

In all honestly I do nothing. I have many hobbies I also have a back and neck injury from a motorbike accident that prevents me from working. but thats on the mend hopefully 3 years later.

Dragonfly sorry to hear that, hope your ok xx

I work with Public Health Services as an Enhanced Community Home Visitor with the Healthy Beginnings Program. I work with new moms and their babies. I do such things as growth and development monitoring and activities, basic care stuff ( when to start solids, how to soothe your baby, learning baby cues etc, etc) community awareness ( how to access food bank, how do get assistrance, where are their mom/tot play groups) and pretty much any questions that parents have about their babies and support them the best I can. I work with all types of families, everyone from first time moms to high risk families. Everyday is different which I love. Sometimes it is very stressful but also rewarding. I worked in day care for years with special needs children as well as being a Director so my hope is while I'm on maternity, to take the year to get my own daycare going.

Dee_H you are pretty tuned in with the newborn and baby stuff then??
Just noticed... we are due the same time!" xx

I work full time (+ a lot more!!!) in operating theatres. I do anaesthetics, scrub and recovery.
I love it to bits, but the hours are a bit much sometimes!!
Can't wait to go on mat leave in 4 weeks:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"