what do you find hardest?

T

tinytoes

What do you find to be the hardest part of being a Mum so far?

For me it's getting LO to bed each evening. He hates to go to bed and always screams and has a tantrum. We have to rock him, feed him and really work hard at the moment. It can take anything from 10 minutes to 2 hours. He has a tanturm, gets hot and then gets more upset....

I find that after a full day of playing and caring for him I'm shattered and my patience is running thin by the end of the day and I feel so frazzled. I just wish he wouldnt battle with me. I dont know how single mums cope - I am so grateful I can call DB to takeover when I feel my head might explode.
If it wasnt for this end to each day I'd say that being a mum was a breeze! (well...sort of :rofl:).

What do you find to be the hardest part of being a Mum so far?

For me it's getting LO to bed each evening. He hates to go to bed and always screams and has a tantrum. We have to rock him, feed him and really work hard at the moment. It can take anything from 10 minutes to 2 hours. He has a tanturm, gets hot and then gets more upset....

I find that after a full day of playing and caring for him I'm shattered and my patience is running thin by the end of the day and I feel so frazzled. I just wish he wouldnt battle with me. I dont know how single mums cope - I am so grateful I can call DB to takeover when I feel my head might explode.
If it wasnt for this end to each day I'd say that being a mum was a breeze! (well...sort of :rofl:).

Mine would also have to be getting my LO to bed each evening. She doesn't have tantrums but she just doesn't want to go down. She'll be all calm & relaxed but will start to scream if I put her in her basket awake. Like you, I have to rock Maya asleep. As you said it can take anything from 10 minutes to 2 hours. Just lately she's been going down only to wake again 10/15 minutes later at least 3 times before she'll settle for a few hours!!

I know what you mean by how single mums cope. I'm a single mum & really wish I could hand Maya over to someone else when it all gets abit too much in the evening!! Instead I just have to keep rocking like a lunatic :rofl:

Just lately she's been going down only to wake again 10/15 minutes later at least 3 times before she'll settle for a few hours!!

I know what you mean by how single mums cope. I'm a single mum & really wish I could hand Maya over to someone else when it all gets abit too much in the evening!! Instead I just have to keep rocking like a lunatic :rofl:

SNAP - Ted has been doing this 15 minute thing....grrr.

Oh you're doing a marvelous job - I'm in awe of single mums!! Keep rocking adn keep cool :hugs:

Just lately she's been going down only to wake again 10/15 minutes later at least 3 times before she'll settle for a few hours!!

SNAP - Ted has been doing this 15 minute thing....grrr.

Oh you're doing a marvelous job - I'm in awe of single mums!! Keep rocking adn keep cool :hugs:

Do you go down stairs & think Woo Hoo Ted is down for the night only to here him whimpering then full on screaming 15 mins later??

That always happens to me!! Infact Maya went down about 15 mins ago & im anxiously waiting for her to summon me :rofl:

i have trouble getting sam dressed as he hates it
plus giving him his antibiotics every night

oh yes. for teh first 20 minutes I bearly reathe just in case it sets him off. I am constantly feeling kind of nervous!!!

For the last night or two I've let him fall asleep and have put him in is chir downstairs, knowing full well he'd wake up 15 minutes later. And he does. After then I try adn go for the "real sleep"... (So I kind of let him get it out of his system while I watch Corrie rather than rock him in his room and feel cut off from the world). It kind of works....sort of...ish...a bit...

oh yes. for teh first 20 minutes I bearly reathe just in case it sets him off. I am constantly feeling kind of nervous!!!

For the last night or two I've let him fall asleep and have put him in is chir downstairs, knowing full well he'd wake up 15 minutes later. And he does. After then I try adn go for the "real sleep"... (So I kind of let him get it out of his system while I watch Corrie rather than rock him in his room and feel cut off from the world). It kind of works....sort of...ish...a bit...

I tried that aswell except I was letting Maya fall asleep in the baby sling but I swear the minute she heard me unclip it her eyes would fling open!!

Ive gone back to rocking her in her room on my own now :( It took an hour to get her off tonight but she has been asleep most of today so I was quite pleased. Shes been asleep for 40 minutes now so i'm hoping she's in deep sleep now till her next feed!!

I hate fighting Bren to sleep as well. I now wait for him to tell me he is tired. He has 3 tired signals, rubbing his eyes, yawning and getting cranky. So once he does 2 of the 3, I then nurse and rock him to sleep. It has made things much easier on me. I spent 3 hours one night trying to get him to sleep before he was ready. Now I can get him down in 20-30 minutes.

I find his waking up and waking up and waking up at night really hard right now. I know he is hurting due to the reflux, and it just makes me feel horrible I can't do more to make him feel better.

I hate fighting Bren to sleep as well. I now wait for him to tell me he is tired. He has 3 tired signals, rubbing his eyes, yawning and getting cranky. So once he does 2 of the 3, I then nurse and rock him to sleep. It has made things much easier on me. I spent 3 hours one night trying to get him to sleep before he was ready. Now I can get him down in 20-30 minutes.

I find his waking up and waking up and waking up at night really hard right now. I know he is hurting due to the reflux, and it just makes me feel horrible I can't do more to make him feel better.

Maya gives all the signs of being tired but I think she just likes to fight it for some reason!!!

Maya gives all the signs of being tired but I think she just likes to fight it for some reason!!!

Well what a little stinker!! It may also be an age thing. As Bren is getting older, getting him down has gotten a lot easier. Now if only he would stay asleep!

Well what a little stinker!! It may also be an age thing. As Bren is getting older, getting him down has gotten a lot easier. Now if only he would stay asleep!

Lol I hope it's an age thing & that in time it will get a little easier!!

The only time Maya will go straight off is if she is in bed with me! I've done that a few times but the moment I move to transfer her to her basket she's wide awake so i've cut that out altogether now!!

Teddy is a fighter too, and shows all the signs of needing to sleep. It's true that the fighting is getting shorter than it used to...but it's still draining..
Also, sometimes - when he's not screaming and fighting sleep - he just sits there as I rock him with his eyes open looking about and looking peaceful but just not gong to sleep...and I KNOW he's sleepy..sneaky devil :muaha:

The only time Maya will go straight off is if she is in bed with me! I've done that a few times but the moment I move to transfer her to her basket she's wide awake so i've cut that out altogether now!!

SNAP again!!! Oh wowser, I think we have matching babies!!!

Teddy is a fighter too, and shows all the signs of needing to sleep. It's true that the fighting is getting shorter than it used to...but it's still draining..
Also, sometimes - when he's not screaming and fighting sleep - he just sits there as I rock him with his eyes open looking about and looking peaceful but just not gong to sleep...and I KNOW he's sleepy..sneaky devil :muaha:

SNAP again!!

God Ted sounds freakily similar to Maya!!

She looks all innocent in my arms but she won't go down!! The little madam!

SNAP again!!! Oh wowser, I think we have matching babies!!!

OMG I literally just posted how Maya & Ted are very similar when you made this post!!

Now we are freakily similar :rofl:

Mine is getting work done for our businesses and taking the kids to and from school with a new baby.

Right now what i find the hardest is finding things to do with both children that they will both enjoy and can then spread my attention on both of them at the same time. They both enjoy drawing and painting..and they both love the train track and certain toys and reading...so its not like im stuck for ideas, but making them both feel like they are both equal is a pain right now, as im trying to make it so neither of them feel left out.
Coz Leigha is older, i spend time doing more grown up things like cooking whilst tom is having a nap. I feel so tired after a hard day of play. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->