what do you think the best age to start having babies is?

I was 22 when I had Thomas. I'd like to have been older because of everything we've gone through with him but we have adjusted well and I can't imagine not having him here. My OH was 27 when Thomas was born (on his birthday, lucky dad :)).

Aww. What a lucky birthday present he got! A lovely son :)

I voted based on when I waited until we tried. I was 27 when I had my first and 29 when I had my second. I wouldn't change it for the world. Oh and I got married at 25 so we had plenty of time before that to do all the fun stuff and then after we were married we had some really awesome 'once in a lifetime' type holidays that would just be too difficult and expensive to do with kids. I just know I was no where near ready for kids before. At 21,22, 23, 24 I was still going out clubbing and oh and I were generally living selfish lives.

What's right for me though will be totally the opposite for someone else though.

X

seems like most commenters (and voters) have collectively decided around 25/26 is best for TTC!
that makes me feel good as im 22 yet i feel there are so many people younger than me getting pregnant now! maybe its a generational thing but it just gets me down sometimes!
:flower:

I was 26 when I got pregnant with DD, 27 when I had her. If i'd met OH earlier I would have liked to have started a family earlier, as it was we'd only been together 11 months when I got pregnant (big surprise) but I feel like DD came when she was meant to :cloud9: I'm now 29 and we're TTC #2. We want 3 in total but i'd like to be done having babies before 35.

I am 22 and OH is 26 :) We were NTNP... I think for some 22 may be too young but I feel like being a mother my calling and OH will be a great dad. We are mature and have careers which help too. :)

I voted 31 - 35. I had DD at just turned 26, and as lovely as it was, I would have waited some more years. She was very planned but looking back, it was too soon for me, DH was 31 though and this played in to it. We'd been married for 3 years by then but I would have liked more of my 20s on posh holidays and being selfish. Oh well, I'll have to save it for my 40s instead ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->