What do you think?

I voted 8-10 but wasnt quite sure what you ment at the time I voted. The ideal size is what fits that persons body. For me, I would never be a 0 and will re-evaluate when I get to where I want to be...US size 10. If at that point I dont look like a sick person, I will see if I can go to an 8. But highly doubt I would ever look healthy in smaller then 8 :headspin:

Size 10-12 for me,thats when everyone said I look healthiest.
I did go to a 6 once but I looked seriously bad!

I was size 12 before getting preggy so heres hoping I don't have loads to lose afterwards.

I voted 10-12 as that's when I looked best. I am a very tall person so look silly if I get too small. I don't carry off the 'model' size very well at all and I could definitely never be a size 0! I look skinny, lanky and ill as it is when I reach the lower end of size 8...

I wouldn't mind being a size 8-10, but I dream of being a size 10-12, the size that everyone tells me I looked my best, and I must admit that the only time I have been 'body confident' is when I was a size 10 (albeit the lower end, admittedly). That's just the size that works for me.

I posted this poll mostly for a bit of reassurance, I suppose. I sometimes freak out and think that I'm expected to be a size super-skinny 0 or something, or that everyone wants to be a size 8 and nothing else will do, or just that that's secretly what everyone thinks is best. So I was relieved to see so many votes in the 10-14 area (I'm a size 14 now, and even wearing my larger size 14 jeans I need to unpop the button and fly after I've eaten too much dinner :blush:) ... I aim at a size 10-12, and I'm reassured to see that people don't think that I should be aiming lower.

I know it shouldn't matter to me what other people think, but I'm afraid that's a part of my personality - I really do care (probably too much) what people think of me. So for those who might have been wondering, that's what this poll was about - purely selfish interest. Wanted to know if people thought I was above the ideal size and if so, how much above the ideal size I was! Ha!

Thank you all for your votes and comments, they have lifted my chin a little :) :hugs: You're all fab x

I would like to be anywhere between a size 5 to size 9 in Canadian(I guess we go in odd numbers, the States goes in even? I'm not really sure how that works.)

I voted 10-12 as that's what i'd like to be. But i am currently a 12 on top and 14 bottom. If i'm honest i can't see me managing to shift it any time soon so i guess i'm gonna have to get used to how i am although i hate it.

For those of you in the US- the sizes in the UK are two sizes bigger eg.
US 4= UK 8
US 6= UK 10
US 8= UK 12
US 10= UK 14

Etc, etc. But i have no idea how canadian sizes work in comparison.

I remember loving when i went to Florida and bought clothes with labels saying Size 8 to bring back :) Was such a good feeling. Lol

I voted 10-12 as that's when I looked best. I am a very tall person so look silly if I get too small. I don't carry off the 'model' size very well at all and I could definitely never be a size 0! I look skinny, lanky and ill as it is when I reach the lower end of size 8...

I wouldn't mind being a size 8-10, but I dream of being a size 10-12, the size that everyone tells me I looked my best, and I must admit that the only time I have been 'body confident' is when I was a size 10 (albeit the lower end, admittedly). That's just the size that works for me.

I posted this poll mostly for a bit of reassurance, I suppose. I sometimes freak out and think that I'm expected to be a size super-skinny 0 or something, or that everyone wants to be a size 8 and nothing else will do, or just that that's secretly what everyone thinks is best. So I was relieved to see so many votes in the 10-14 area (I'm a size 14 now, and even wearing my larger size 14 jeans I need to unpop the button and fly after I've eaten too much dinner :blush:) ... I aim at a size 10-12, and I'm reassured to see that people don't think that I should be aiming lower.

Trust me you don't want to be an 8 or lower and I think its bad that cat walk models are this thin because the general person on the street can't get clothes this small, well in my town anyway. I'm generally about a 6-8 and do have some clothes size 4 but it all depends on which shop I buy from. I would love to be about a 10 as I am sure I would find it 100 times easier to buy clothes and people wouldn't automatically assume that I don't eat properly (I do - I eat more than my husband I just don't put on weight but I don't look skelton like). So I guess I am a size 0 and do own a pair of size 0 jeans that I brought from the US last year which are slightly tight now as I have managed to put on weight which for me is no easy task. Also clothes in the country are being made bigger IMO as a few years ago I used to be able to walk into New Look pick up a pair of size 10 trousers and be very confident they would fit, then the sizes changed slightly so I moved down to a size 8, now size 8's are too big and size 6's in Next are far to big for me and it drives me crazy that I can't buy clothes from shops petite sections cause their too big. It also saddens me that I get excited when I find places like Dorothy Perkins have started to sell size 4's!! I guess the grass is always greener as well, I would love to be bigger and I am sure there are some people who would love to be as small as me.

I voted 10-12 as that's what i'd like to be. But i am currently a 12 on top and 14 bottom. If i'm honest i can't see me managing to shift it any time soon so i guess i'm gonna have to get used to how i am although i hate it.

For those of you in the US- the sizes in the UK are two sizes bigger eg.
US 4= UK 8
US 6= UK 10
US 8= UK 12
US 10= UK 14

Etc, etc. But i have no idea how canadian sizes work in comparison.

I remember loving when i went to Florida and bought clothes with labels saying Size 8 to bring back :) Was such a good feeling. Lol

Oh katy I didn't realise you were the same size as me lol, I always imagined you to be smaller, don't mean that in an offensive way lol xxx

I don't think this is a voteable topic!! For a start it's what people feel comforable being. Then there's the height of a woman to consider. I was down to a size 8-10 at one point when I was ill, but being 6ft tall that was FAR to skinny to be healthy, or even look good. But for someone who is only 5ft, they could look stunning. IMO, it's all about proportion, confidence and happiness - not actual dress size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->