What does your 10 month old eat for lunch?

Sparrow85

Reaction score
Just looking for some new ideas really.

I make my own soup so a couple of times a week, he'll have this. Most days though, it seems to be pasta and want some more variation. He has weetabix for breakfast, half a banana or apple mid-morning and a quarter of a sandwich in the afternoon, and whatever we have for dinner.

What about a toastie. My lo loves them with cheese and avocado, or banana and peanut butter. You could also make baby pizzas, top bread or pitta with a tomato base, then put whatever you want on it. French toast or omelettes are also a hit with my lo. If Lo is having a lighter lunch he will have rice cakes with toppings and lots of fruit and yoghurt. He also likes a baked potato with fillings.

We some times give our Lo half a bagel or cheese and crackers to add a bit of variation x

Ooh yeah my Lo loves bagels. I got one for myself a while ago and had to share it. He also likes a pretzel (plain not salty). He also loves cheesy beanos. Toast with beans on then grilled cheese in top. The mess is horrendous though!!!

Spaghetti and toast
Beans and potato waffles
Sandwiches
Soup
Homemade pizza
Wraps
Crumpets
Bagels
Crackers and cheese
Toasties
Cheese and potato pie is a hit for us!
Vegetable sticks and humous

Can't think of any more but they're what we usually have along with some fruit/yoghurt/fruit pot for after :)

I've literally just fed my LO potatoes, mackeral (tinned) and cheese all mashed up. Very simple, and she can feed herself. I pretty much did it because I want to feed her that at dinner tonight but she's being really difficult at dinner time so wanted to try it for lunch to see,
. Normally it's some form of sandwich/something on toast. Very I imaginative when it comes to lunch normally!

I've been giving him things like cubed soft sweet potato, small pieces of chicken or ground beef, chopped green beans, peas, carrots, cereal, pasta, rice, chopped plums, peaches, banana, avocado, etc. Hope that helps!

Just curious, but when you say you give a sandwich, do you mean two slices of bread and meat and cheese? It sounds like a big thing for a 10 month old. Is it not hard to chew? I've been giving bite size pieces of things.

Thanks girls. Lots of great ideas so will be using them all. I don't usually have lunch, so have no imagination and don't want him being bored!

I've been giving him things like cubed soft sweet potato, small pieces of chicken or ground beef, chopped green beans, peas, carrots, cereal, pasta, rice, chopped plums, peaches, banana, avocado, etc. Hope that helps!

Just curious, but when you say you give a sandwich, do you mean two slices of bread and meat and cheese? It sounds like a big thing for a 10 month old. Is it not hard to chew? I've been giving bite size pieces of things.

Yip. Just a quarter and I take the crust off. He usually has ham, cheese or egg mayo in it. He manages great with it. I started off doing TW, but since we moved to finger foods at 8 months, I let him feed himself. He just bites bits off and chews and swallows fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->