What have you bought so far...??

Sorry a little off topic just being nosy really I'm curious to how much your NHL blankets cost and where from? OH and DS are NHL crazies but its a real struggle to get anything in the UK, and the shipping from the nhl.com costs 3 times more than the item itself also what sort of blankets are they I managed to get a fleece one from ebay about 4 years ago for DS its very treasured and very worn but its very rare we get anything good over here at a reasonable price

Not nosy at all! Unfortunately, I got them from NHL.com. :( So I'm not much help there. I did wait for them to either be on sale or to have a coupon, but being in the states the shipping isn't much of a factor.

Have you looked on Amazon? NHL sells via Amazon, but I have noticed prices for things on Amazon versus direct from the company are higher. However, if you have prime it might help with shipping? I saw an older version of the blankets I got on Amazon. Still cute.

I do have prime never looked at it before for shipping from the states to be honest I will have a look, OH wants some onsies and other bits and peices so I guess if I can get shipping cheaper it would make sense to do a bulk order, we can get a few bits on ebay ul if we are lucky but not much more than jerseys in OH size and very occasionally DS's size dosent help that the teams people have generally heard of in the UK (LA Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers) are not the team they support, they are obsessed with the Red Wings My 9 year olds dream is to play in the NHL for them he has been playing over here since he was 3 :cloud9:

I do have prime never looked at it before for shipping from the states to be honest I will have a look, OH wants some onsies and other bits and peices so I guess if I can get shipping cheaper it would make sense to do a bulk order, we can get a few bits on ebay ul if we are lucky but not much more than jerseys in OH size and very occasionally DS's size dosent help that the teams people have generally heard of in the UK (LA Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers) are not the team they support, they are obsessed with the Red Wings My 9 year olds dream is to play in the NHL for them he has been playing over here since he was 3 :cloud9:

Awww yeah either in bulk or look for things that qualify for free/prime shipping. I try to go into stores. I'm noticing that in this digital era, most physical locations have sales going on ALL THE TIME. I went to Gymboree at the mall (aka pricey of pricey), and they were having 30% even on clearance items. I walked out with 4 of their brand name onesies for $5 each when they original retailed for $10-15. Every time I walk in somewhere they are advertising a sale and then I pay and get a coupon lol. So I am actually started to love shopping in person rather than online. I also found this ritsy secondhand shop in the downtown of my ritsy hometown and they had already washed as good as new items for as low as $1.99! And I'm really picky about hand me downs because I'm a spoiled princess lol

But I LOVE that DS was to play hockey! My SO's dad used to play for the Canadiens, so when we have a little boy (I really want a boy so projecting to the universe there) he will definitely be skating as soon as he is walking. We take our sports way too seriously in the Bay. We have sports clothing/merc chops EVERYWHERE.

Awww yeah either in bulk or look for things that qualify for free/prime shipping. I try to go into stores. I'm noticing that in this digital era, most physical locations have sales going on ALL THE TIME. I went to Gymboree at the mall (aka pricey of pricey), and they were having 30% even on clearance items. I walked out with 4 of their brand name onesies for $5 each when they original retailed for $10-15. Every time I walk in somewhere they are advertising a sale and then I pay and get a coupon lol. So I am actually started to love shopping in person rather than online. I also found this ritsy secondhand shop in the downtown of my ritsy hometown and they had already washed as good as new items for as low as $1.99! And I'm really picky about hand me downs because I'm a spoiled princess lol

But I LOVE that DS was to play hockey! My SO's dad used to play for the Canadiens, so when we have a little boy (I really want a boy so projecting to the universe there) he will definitely be skating as soon as he is walking. We take our sports way too seriously in the Bay. We have sports clothing/merc chops EVERYWHERE.

OH is actually sat here squealing like a 3 year old girl at the Canadians bit :haha: DS has actually made history this season with his club, they won the league and get to go to a national finals think Stanley Cup for under 11's lol his team won it for the first time in the history of theor club being formed and he won the game on penalties for them (proud mummy moment) This one is a girl but I gotta feeling she isnt going to be a girly princess she will be skating as soon as she can walk :flower:

OH is actually sat here squealing like a 3 year old girl at the Canadians bit :haha: DS has actually made history this season with his club, they won the league and get to go to a national finals think Stanley Cup for under 11's lol his team won it for the first time in the history of theor club being formed and he won the game on penalties for them (proud mummy moment) This one is a girl but I gotta feeling she isnt going to be a girly princess she will be skating as soon as she can walk :flower:

LOL I had never heard of the Canadiens until he showed up, but I wasn't much for hockey. I used to go with my stepdad as a kid to watch the Sharks but, up until recently, they sucked a* so I stopped caring hahaha. Poured my energy into the Giants and Warriors. ;)

That's so great about the mini Stanley! Congrats proud momma! I love that you're going to break down some gender stereotypes with your girl.

There is such great opportunities for girls to play and do well in the UK its not the most popular of sports as it is even less so for girls so she has (if she likes it of course) a very good chance of playing for Team GB and England at a young age, not so much my son bless him although its a minority there are still a huge amount of boys making the chances harder to find

I had to ask OH who those teams were I'm not all that great at American sports I assumed they were local ice hockey teams :blush:

There is such great opportunities for girls to play and do well in the UK its not the most popular of sports as it is even less so for girls so she has (if she likes it of course) a very good chance of playing for Team GB and England at a young age, not so much my son bless him although its a minority there are still a huge amount of boys making the chances harder to find

I had to ask OH who those teams were I'm not all that great at American sports I assumed they were local ice hockey teams :blush:

Awww yeah sports can be so competitive. But with supportive parents they have as good a shot as any!

Haha yeah sorry I left out the cities. Those are our Bay Area local teams (the ones people care about anyway). San Francisco Giants (baseball- 8 time world series winners including 2010,2012, and 2014), Golden State Warriors (play out of Oakland - basketball - 4 championships/ current holders of most wins in a season- Steph Curry's team we just signed Kevin Durant), and San Jose Sharks (nhl- they made it to the Stanley Cup this year somehow and then got clobbered lol).

I'm just home from buying a changing unit in ikea :happydance:

Back again! I just re-tallied everything because I bought a few things today and had to start vacuum seal large bag #2...

The tally is...
2 NHL blankets (one for each of SO’s fav teams)
Accesories: Sunglasses, 2 bibs, 3pairs of mittens, 6 pairs of socks, and a hooded towel
24 NB onesies
28 0-3m onesies and 1 3m outfit
4 3-6m onesies
2 6-9m onesies
2 12m onesies

So in case you don’t want to do the math in your head… 60 onesies. In my defense, I didn't realize how many NB and 0-3/3m I was buying until I started making a list. I only buy onesies because I feel like everything else is so gender split and since I'm not even pregnant lol.

HAHAHA I knew I liked you for a reason Dobby LOL you're awesome :)

afm, I won't buy until after first scan on August 19th. After that I'm buying only Gender neutral because this is the first time ever (out of 5 babies) I will be team YELLOW... I'M ECSTATIC about it!!!! I've always wanted to wait until the birth to find out sex and DH has agreed this time :happydance:

I only found out a few days ago so haven't bought anything yet. We usually wait until at least around 16 weeks before buying anything

I caved and bought a pack of sleep suits yesterday. But now I'm panicking incase I've tempted fate.

:dohh:

I've got lots of things. We aren't good at saving money so we started to buy baby bits to put away instead of saving. We got our nursery furniture before we had our last pregnancy but that ended in miscarriage. This is all boxed up in the garage ready to assemble. We have black out curtains, play gym, books, various bits of gender neutral clothing, baby wipes, bits of wash stuff, baby mat, changing mat, some maternity clothes to grow in to. Lots of bits. I'm away this week but can't wait t go home and get it all out and admire it hehe xx

I caved and bought a pack of sleep suits yesterday. But now I'm panicking incase I've tempted fate.

I had a friend who believed that! I bought some stuff once and she got all over me about how in Irish culture you do not buy things for the baby. That once you go into labor friends and family fill your house with baby stuff. Which is fine leave it there, but when I lost my bean the I told you so comment... I almost punched her. Jk I Just cut that negativity right out of my life.

But yeah back to point, is that a well know superstition?

I had a friend who believed that! I bought some stuff once and she got all over me about how in Irish culture you do not buy things for the baby. That once you go into labor friends and family fill your house with baby stuff. Which is fine leave it there, but when I lost my bean the I told you so comment... I almost punched her. Jk I Just cut that negativity right out of my life.

What a horrible, spiteful woman!

When I was pregnant with ds lots of ppl told me it was bad luck to have the pram at your house. So it stayed at the in laws until ds was born just in case!

I've heard that about the pram being at home before too. Xx

I've heard that about the pram being at home before too. Xx

Mexx, are you also from Europe? I'm kind of curious if this is a European based superstition. Sorry I know I like deviating from who has bought what lol

My Irish mil doesn't let any baby stuff in the house before baby is born. Thankfully knows better than to say anything to me about it! Although we have a 4 month old so house is ful of baby stuff anyway lol.

I've bought two packs of unisex sleepsuits for bump :)

No I'm just paranoid because of all the problems I've had already I feel like if I get too excited it'll make it worse if it all doesn't go ok.
Not the way I should think as I'm extremely excited but still doesn't seem real yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->