What have you bought today?

motherofboys, has he read Jack London? Or is that too fantasy too? I devoured them at about that age. Also the Hornblower series was another young teen favourite of mine. (And more recently the tv show from 2003 onwards cause... Ioan Gruffudd. Need I say more?! lol)

No he hasn't, I'll have a look. He has always been an avid reader. I've tried to get him to read Miss Periguines Home for Peculiar Children but he doesn't seem interested. I have to admit I'm the same, I'm not really keen on things where people have powers and that. The only exceptions were Miss Periguine which a friend leant me and I enjoyed so much I got my own copy, and Harry Potter, but he had a Potter mad teacher for year 5 so had to read some of them and wasn't that fussed.
He likes them with a bit of comedy, or an autobiography, but he wants books that are part of the accelerated reader programme so he can do the quizzes on them for school so trying to not get anything like David Walliams, which he enjoys but is aimed a little younger

I love myth and fantasy!
The 'Itch' books are science/thriller, Itch collects elements from the periodic table, unexpected coming across a new element.
Pitacus Lore are science fiction, teenager from another planet, with additional powers, hiding out on earth while being pursued by nasty aliens...

I'll look at those too and try to run the idea without being too obvious and see if he'll go for them. Thanks

Couple of orders from George and Claires arrived today:
Lego Mario set
Squishmallows minis in a carrot shaped pack, unicorn and cat
Nee doh ball
Unicorn hand sanitiser
Motorised gold Thomas train

Popped into Entertainer on my way home.
3 x Chupa chup lip balm makers
Gund sloth and plush (down to £8.74 from £34.99!!)
Mini pikmi pop cheeki puff

And a Stranger things tote bag from Primark, didn't have the bunting :(

I think I’m popping to primark at the weekend I can have a look see if they have any of the bunting left

Oh what a lovely idea! Are they all just Christmas themed books or all sorts they might enjoy? And how are you going to present them? Will they be in a sort of calendar or just with numbers? I am so tempted to do something similar as I don't really like the chocolate calendars and the boys find the traditional ones a bit boring.
I used to do it for my mum for about 20 years (until we had the boys and then I didn't have the money anymore as it got more and more expensive as I ran out of new ideas.)

Previously they have had Lego ones etc but tbh I end up making the lego bits and they are pricey. Both of mine love to listen to stories especially Christmas ones (we end up reading the ones we have all year round anyway :haha:)
MIL always buys them a chocolate one too :shrug:
So I figured I would wrap them up in Christmas paper and put a number sticker on them (also then helps with number recognition etc they are 4 & 6)

I got all Christmas themed ones this is the link 10 books for £10 which is a bargain

10 for £10 Kids Picture Books | The Works

A Christmas pug jumper for m, I think it’s a girls one but it’s not overly girly tbh just grey with a pug in a wreath and he loves pugs

Twag that's great! Thank you! I will have a look and see if they have something similar for slightly older boys :)

Last edited:
I bought Toblerones for the movie hampers and indoor snowballs for the elf to bring

I've just ordered some trainers for ds1 and football boots for ds2

Umming and ahhing with the I Dig Monsters, but Youtube sold me with the videos :haha:

9KiOdJY.jpg

Just ordered DS’s new bedding set, it won’t be used until we move but I’m hoping he likes it x

Not at all Christmassy but I just had to buy a new printer and I am annoyed! My Mac's operating system no longer supports the drivers of the current printer. I have had it for 12 years, so it is more than fair enough but still, these things always happen when you need your money for other stuff, don't they! Plus I can no longer afford a top-of-the-range printer like this one was, so the new one is bound to last a lot less long. Gah!

Ohh I’ve seen those pikmi pop things in home bargains always tempted to buy my girls them . Great buys !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"