• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What have you bought today?

Phantom I love the mug

Angel I gave up trying to match. I just try to keep it roughly even now as I was there trying to find just one more thing for this one and finding something for someone else and needing to get everyone else just one more thing again. Sometimes I'll just wrap a couple of bits together, particularly if its books or 2 things from the same set.

I very nearly bought a slushy machine today for the girls (downstairs present) but when you add the syrups, ice, salt etc becomes more expensive and probably a novelty that wares off...so I left it.

Its hard with things like that as they seem exciting at first but you're right I think it would wear off with mine too

I can imagine it would be great at first but then the costs soon mount up and the novelty wears off. :(

Saw this idea on Facebook for teacher gifts. We are allowed to send gifts in :)

Pair of gloves and bar of chocolate :)

Screenshot_20201202-154028.png

Freeze dried ration packs for Ds's stocking :xmas13: I'm guessing he'll insist on eating one for Christmas dinner.

Got to try and find the gloves now. Usually you can get packs of two in Matalan or Primark.

DH was joking about needing a massage so I've booked him a voucher. Unfortunately I hate things like that so not something we can do together but he will be surprised.

Also ordered my Nans bits. I'm making her a small hamper with perfume, tissues, soap, bath salts, foot rub etc. May even stick some deep heat in there for all her aches and pains bless her.

We can give presents but they must be sealed and quarantined for 72 hours, cards are not allowed x

It's funny how every school is different.

I can't see why you can't give gifts or cards to the class teacher, they're with your child five days a week anyway?

My eldests teacher is also leaving so we've set up a collection for him. Hopefully he can get himself something nice :)

About to buy some winter boots and gloves for my son and some mittens for my daughter
Not for Christmas but.. December related haha

About to buy some winter boots and gloves for my son and some mittens for my daughter
Not for Christmas but.. December related haha
Ds desperately needs boots too, I'm hanging out for our non essential shops to open to get them as he's had such a stretch - I'm not keen on buying children's footwear without trying them on.

We can give presents but they must be sealed and quarantined for 72 hours, cards are not allowed x
They are not accepting cards after 11 December so I suppose they are going to quarantine.

Ive decided I am getting the teachers 4 tubs of chocolates that’s 2 for each of my girls teachers. That way I can just wipe clean the tubs and the contents are sealed.

It's funny how every school is different.

I can't see why you can't give gifts or cards to the class teacher, they're with your child five days a week anyway?

My eldests teacher is also leaving so we've set up a collection for him. Hopefully he can get himself something nice :)
I guess its for whatever reason that they can't take a pe kit in their bag, but must wear it all day haha or they can't have a back pack but can have a smaller bag. :haha:

I guess its for whatever reason that they can't take a pe kit in their bag, but must wear it all day haha or they can't have a back pack but can have a smaller bag. :haha:

At our school PE kit stays at school until end of term and they can take bags as usual. Only think they aren't doing is sending home books but DD1 takes her own in anyeay.
I'm kind of glad our school isn't being too fussy and only had their first positive case last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->