what have you brought yet?

mum2b2009

mummy of two boys!
Reaction score
what have all you people brought yet for the baby? i have only brought a few clothes but nothing like the cot or the big things except we have brought the pram and car seat!
when is it a good idea to start buying? i am 28+5 thanks xx

Good idea to start buying as & when you feel ready to hun, Everyone is different.
I'm not superstitious at all so i bought as & when i wanted to or when i saw a bargain.
I've got all the big things, all the clothes. I need my own maternity/nursing things & to stock up on things like nappies, wipes & i need 1 or 2 extras of blankets,bottles & odd piddly bits but i've got everything if baby arrives now anyway :)

You can buy whenever you feel ready really.

Personally I started early as I wanted to spread the cost throughout the pregnancy. Every month I bought something so now I am completly done and have everything. Also I wanted to be sorted around now so I could just chill out knowing everything was ready for bubs and I didn't have any last minute panicking (I tend to panic over small things!).

I only bought a few clothes, I thought that we could go shopping after she was born as I don't know what size she will be and didn't want to waste money on things that were too small. Also not sure of what presents people will get. But I have all the major things like cot, moses basket, pram, baby moniter, bath and washing stuff ect, blankets and bedding, bottles, breast pump and sterriliser and nappies, wipes ect.
So if for any reason she makes an early apperance I am all ready to go!

Hi, i am 30 weeks and i have not bought much yet, I have the (essentials) moses basket and blankets and load lol of clothes (ebay) and little bits like nappies steralisers muslins towels etc. Mainly just got everything from mothercare website really easy and quick (search here for mothercare 10% promotion code). we are doing major work to the house so i am living else were for now and there is only so much stuff i can fit in my mums spare room lol.
I know what i want for the other things though and have people that can go get them or i can get them of the internet, if i did end up on bedrest or something then i would still get what i wanted :)
Big furniture eg cot will be of ebay so looking all the time for a bargain.
Really unsure about what pressents baby will get though and as xmas is round the corner i dont know what can wait till then. Its scary as some people seem to have all the stuff in there decorated nursery and my nursery isnt even built yet lol

i have everything but a breast pump and need to order carpet for the nursery!

im a keen bean and started buying early!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just about got/ordered everything now! Feel really quite organised which is most unlike me!! lol xx

we started at 6 weeks tra la la :blush: and now have all we need xxx Up to u when u want to start we been luky with family and also spread the cost out so it didnt hit us so hard x

We started buying around 12 weeks and i'd say we're pretty sorted now although we don't yet have a cot :blush: and there are a few small bits left to get...but generally feeling okay about how organised we are (just occasional moments of PANIC!)

I'd say go for it whenever you feel ready but don't leave it too late as you don't want to be trawling around the shops when you're exhausted at the end, or worse, LO making an early appearance and not having anything ready!

Have fun! :thumbup:

I bought my first outfit at 15 weeks, didnt start buying properly until after the anomoly scan at 20 weeks. We have most things we need. Mum is getting my cot and OH's mum is paying the rest off the pram. Only things I now need to buy are muslims and any little bargains I see and cant resist.

I think buy when you want to or feel ready. Only expense I think I have left is nappies but we are trialing a nappy service first to see if we want our nappies laundered for us or if we will do it ourselves.

We started buying around 12 weeks and i'd say we're pretty sorted now although we don't yet have a cot :blush: and there are a few small bits left to get...but generally feeling okay about how organised we are (just occasional moments of PANIC!)

I'd say go for it whenever you feel ready but don't leave it too late as you don't want to be trawling around the shops when you're exhausted at the end, or worse, LO making an early appearance and not having anything ready!

Have fun! :thumbup:

I have to agree on the not trailing around shops later on. I went to town a couple of weeks ago and I was knackered by the time I was on my way home. I didnt buy anything heavy but just carrying the bump around I was hot and bothered.

I have everything , except I need to get breast pump but im gonna wait till im sure I cant definatley bf. I started early ! Each week I usually just bought something .

We started after our first scan and now I've only got 1 more shopping trip to go. Still need all the lotions and potions like creams etc but I've left this til last as lets face it, it's the least important bit. I prioritised - sleeping, clothing and feeding....not just got changing. My mum brought the moses basket stand and bedding on Sunday so we really are well and truly ready. MIL is ordering the cot soon so that should arrive in the next couple of weeks and then I need to get the nursery ready.....sooo cannot wait!!

I started buying early...I have everything except one thing!!!!! Thank god I started early because I still find things I want and I HAVE to have them lol...when you feel like it babe...I think its a perfect time for you to start!!!! exciting!!!!!!

I bought almost everything...except clothes...which we got on the baby shower..carriege which my BFF got...and breast pump which sil got...and the car seat...because we want a specific one that is really expensive and we get gift cards (that we will use towards it) because I' in a study...plus in ohs family is a tradition for the ohs to go get the car seat while mommy and baby are in the hospital...I don't know why...plus oh wants to buy something himself as I have bought everything else lol..so we have everything except the car seat.

I didnt buy anything untill after my 12 weeks scan. Have been buying stuff whenever i see anything i like! Got quite a lot to get though & im not getting anything for the spare room/nursery because we might be moving out 1 months after my due date, but have got a crib..etc which will be in our room for a few months anyways :) I think there's never a right time to buy anything for the baby xxx

Everything! lol Im a shopaholica! seriously

the nurserys all set up,

Ive bought

nappies
clothes
wipes
one tin of formula
bottles
dummies
baby book
teddies lol

went to florida in May and stocked up on more baby clothes, blankets and sheets

luckily already had car seat from my son

oh and brought double pram back from florida

I started buying at 26 weeks, i have almost everything now, just need a few bits and bobs, as im on team yellow, main clothes shopping will be done after! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->