what if? housing benefits and savings?

Just spend it :p

I think it still counts as income if it goes in your account? Unless you get it in cash.

then if you have cash you get done for money laundering.. never win lol!!
like said, can u give it to someone you trust, its not fair that you are expected to pay rent for money that has been left for you...
the only thing is, be careful what you do with the money, theres alot in the papers about people being caught out for 'benefit fraud' because they have been abroad while claiming HB.. again i do think you should be able to use inheritence for anything you want, but it also does make sense that you should pay your own rent if you have that money..
like i just said, you can never win!!x

Eh? How is it not fair that you are expect to pay your rent with YOUR money?? This is a sense of entitlement that is wrong with 'some' (OP not you!) people on benefits. Free money.

No, it's not free money, it's money to help those who have none.

If you are named in the Will, you also cannot give the money away...this again is deprivation of capital. The money is yours and therefore you cannot be seen to be giving it away just so you can stay on benefits. :shrug:

It's no wonder the country went down the shitter with some peoples attitudes.

did i not say in my post its understandable you have to pay for your own rent with your own money? no need to get arsy. obviously you prioritize your money to bill and debts etc. i dont condone benefit fraud or anything like that, nor was i stating the OP should do so. people just get the wrong end of the stick, i cant help the way i express my self in words that often comes out wrong, ill remember that next time *thanks*

I think it still counts as income if it goes in your account? Unless you get it in cash.

like said, can u give it to someone you trust, its not fair that you are expected to pay rent for money that has been left for you...
the only thing is, be careful what you do with the money, theres alot in the papers about people being caught out for 'benefit fraud' because they have been abroad while claiming HB.. again i do think you should be able to use inheritence for anything you want, but it also does make sense that you should pay your own rent if you have that money..

Eh? How is it not fair that you are expect to pay your rent with YOUR money?? This is a sense of entitlement that is wrong with 'some' (OP not you!) people on benefits. Free money.

If you are named in the Will, you also cannot give the money away...this again is deprivation of capital. The money is yours and therefore you cannot be seen to be giving it away just so you can stay on benefits. :shrug:

did i not say in my post its understandable you have to pay for your own rent with your own money? no need to get arsy. obviously you prioritize your money to bill and debts etc. i dont condone benefit fraud or anything like that, nor was i stating the OP should do so. people just get the wrong end of the stick, i cant help the way i express my self in words that often comes out wrong, ill remember that next time *thanks*

I understood what you meant.

It's quite a touchy subject really. Didn't want to start any disagreements.

Thanks for everyone's advice. Xx

I got what you meant too. It does feel like a shame to get that kind of money that could be a house deposit or whatever and then for it to just be gone, as it's a once in a lifetime thing and if circumstances were slightly different the money might have been able to be saved. Sue_88 everyone agrees benefit fraud isn't right people were just saying it feels a little gutting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->