What is this brown discharge? TMI

October2013

Mommy to a baby girl
Reaction score
Arrgh, of all the days for me to over sleep and miss my prenatal apt, why does it have to be the day my body actually starts DOING SOMETHING lol?! ](*,)

*TMI ALERT*
Since yesterday I've had this light brown-tinged discharge. It's not really "snot like", it's pretty smooth..
It's very similar to the beginning or end of a menstrual cycle, with some slight menstrual-like cramps but definitely not something I can't deal with. (the cramps could also just be gas pains)
The discharge is a bit heavier today, not enough to soak through a pad, but definitely enough to make me have to change the pad, if that makes sense?

Anyone have any idea what this could be? Mucous plug, bloody show, or neither? Since I'm not having contractions or pain, and it's not a ton of discharge, I don't feel like I need to go to the hospital. But I'd like to know what this is?
:shrug:

bloody show most probably! means you are close lil mama ;)

I had a really small amount but it was after a sweep so I think it was from that. Only happened on two occasions and I haven't had anymore. Since yours came out of the blue its most likely your show!!

Best of luck x

Hey you! I came on just to see if you had your baby or if you were close to it. I can't believe you are almost 40 weeks!!

From what you wrote..it sounds like your body is starting to dilate. You cold be having your baby any day now!! I'm so excited for you :hugs:

Hey you! I came on just to see if you had your baby or if you were close to it. I can't believe you are almost 40 weeks!!

From what you wrote..it sounds like your body is starting to dilate. You cold be having your baby any day now!! I'm so excited for you :hugs:

Well hey :)! I know, only 3 more days until my due date! Eeek! Can't believe I've made it this far lol. How are you and baby Suri doing? I miss you on the forum. :(

Hope it means something for you, that's how my MIL says her labor started when she was pregnant with my OH.
Wish I had something more helpful than another's experience but good luck, gal!

Is it definitely brown? Is it more like old blood, or actually brownish liquid? I only ask as if your waters have gone and they are brown or greeny tinged, it could be meconium stained waters. If you suspect your waters have gone at all, I would get checked out to make sure it's normal. If you really don't think that's it, feel free to ignore me!

Is it definitely brown? Is it more like old blood, or actually brownish liquid? I only ask as if your waters have gone and they are brown or greeny tinged, it could be meconium stained waters. If you suspect your waters have gone at all, I would get checked out to make sure it's normal. If you really don't think that's it, feel free to ignore me!

Hmmm it's kind of hard to tell but it's more like an old blood type discharge than a liquid, watery discharge. It's actually stopped now, haven't had anymore since earlier today. :(

I had this earlier on in my pregnancy and it turned out to be an infection. I would get it checked out just be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->