• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

I've already voted as I do it by post. But my choice is very much who's the least worst.

BNP - well - I'm against segregating ourselves as a country, against capital punishment and against penal stations on islands amoung many other things.
Lib Dems - I'm against their policy to cancel all Eurofighter Typhoons in the RAF. What's the point - the money has been spent on them and we need some sort of defence system here. It will put a lot of people out of work.
Labour - they've been in for a long time now - I think change is good.
Tory - not really against anything parse - just can't sum up any enthusiasm about their manifesto.

So if your process of elimination and observation is working then you can probably guess who I've voted for lol. :haha:

tracie87 i think your on to something there!!!! Making a brand new one using each different partys different policies as some have good ideas....

i just heard that conservatives are homophobics? and gona stop civil partnerships???

does anyone know anything about it? its a close subject ot me as my mum and her partner got "married" 18 months ago and both are women?

i dunno what the BNP is? :blush: probs cos i dont pay attention to politics just saw GB on GMTV and thought nice man :rofl:

https://mygayvote.co.uk/
This is the breakdown of the amount of support LGBT issues get from each party.

thanks, so if im right when viewing that it seems Labour is more FOR (in a sense) same sex relationships? closely followed by Lib Dems and then conservatives?

I was drawn in to voting lib dems after watching the debate on TV.. They definitely spoke the most sense.. But I don't think much to the plans they have that they didn't tell people about on that debate.. Like the fact they plan to get rid of family allowance.. Doesn't seem like a lot but £80 a month is a lot to lose when you've got bills to pay:thumbup:

For that reason I will be voting for labour

I was drawn in to voting lib dems after watching the debate on TV.. They definitely spoke the most sense.. But I don't think much to the plans they have that they didn't tell people about on that debate.. Like the fact they plan to get rid of family allowance.. Doesn't seem like a lot but £80 a month is a lot to lose when you've got bills to pay:thumbup:

oooo didn't no that, £80 comes in very handy per month! i was thinking of voting for them, but after a few online tests i think i will be voting conservative, they seem to match what i would like to happen the best.

Cleese on PR (full length)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSUKMa1cYHk
John Cleese talks about PR using examples from British elections

oooo didn't no that, £80 comes in very handy per month! i was thinking of voting for them, but after a few online tests i think i will be voting conservative, they seem to match what i would like to happen the best.

Does anyone have any proof about scrapping family allowance? Only reference I can find of Lib Dems talking about child benefit is him saying "I find it odd that people on multi-million pay packages from the city get child benefit. That's patently silly and patently unfair,"

I'm voting conservative as it is the best for my family.

I'm on page 16 of a 112 page manifest and it already mentions scrapping child trust funds and restricting tax credits.....

The Lib Dems won't scrap child benefit. If anything they will take it from those who earn over £50,000+ because let's face it, when you're on that much do you really need an extra £80 a month? They haven't said anywhere that they will scrap it. Same with Tax credits, they are lowering the threshold of how much you have to earn before you aren't entitled to tax credits anymore, which I also think is fair. As for child trust funds, unlike Tory it won't be a permanent thing. And I think £250 for every single child born in this country is a hell of a lot of money. Nice idea but realistically it's silly when we're struggling financially, it isn't necessary so I think they're right to cut it

To respond to Linzi, I only asked why so the people who were willing to would answer. A lot of people have voted and not said why, I was only curious about those voting BNP :) also let me know when you've found that truthful politician :lol:

You know what .. 50k isnt a lot of money to some people though

If i returned to work full time our income would be £50,100 or something stupid like that so id get nothing (i only get £40 now), yet i would have to pay 100% of full time nursery fee's which are £1,000 a month, which actually doesnt justify me working full time at all, my remaining wage after childcare would barely cover my bills. We dont live a luxurious lifestyle at all, our biggest luxury is us having 2 cars, but we worked for those and own those outright so they arent new flashy ones :shrug:

But for me to work part time i actually end up better off than if i were full time, oh and i STILL get not a pennys help with childcare even on a part time wage.

Its messed up, it really is!!

The whole system is messed up really, I think it needs a completely new set up!

The Lib Dems won't scrap child benefit. If anything they will take it from those who earn over £50,000+ because let's face it, when you're on that much do you really need an extra £80 a month? They haven't said anywhere that they will scrap it. Same with Tax credits, they are lowering the threshold of how much you have to earn before you aren't entitled to tax credits anymore, which I also think is fair. As for child trust funds, unlike Tory it won't be a permanent thing. And I think £250 for every single child born in this country is a hell of a lot of money. Nice idea but realistically it's silly when we're struggling financially, it isn't necessary so I think they're right to cut it

To respond to Linzi, I only asked why so the people who were willing to would answer. A lot of people have voted and not said why, I was only curious about those voting BNP :) also let me know when you've found that truthful politician :lol:

I dont agree with that as Ive said elsewhere we rely on that money, we've just had it cut & this month and next month god knows how we're going to get by. Im hoping to get a new job by july coz else we're out of our house.

We earn £30k between us this is our monthly accounts:

Salary - 2080 (incl child benefit)
Childcare 860
Rent 650
Elec&gas - 115
Water - 50
council tax 125
food - 120 (£30 a week)
Petrol (oh needs for his job else he'll loose it) 80
Car insurance (again needs this) 80
Contents insurance 15
Loan payment 60
Phones 40

Leaves us with... . Literally zero. No way for me to get to work, no way we could pay for clothes, nappies etc. We're living bare minimum as it is AND we're classed as middle income which means we're entitled to the smallest tax credits possible, despite the fact that we can't afford our outgoings.

For me this is the biggest thing in the election for me & my family, if the lib dems are threatening to take it off higher earners we're pretty much screwed. And theres a lot more people in the same situation as us.

Just annoys me that we're really struggling and getting no help anywhere despite working our arses off, putting our child in nursery 50 hours a week and missing out on him growing up. Yet we still get no help.

And that is why Im protest voting :)

x

scrap that dont want to end up fighting about it ( deleted)

I am voting labour.

I disagree with lib dems policys more than I first thought (and to think I almost voted for them!)
One being crime. Liberal democrats have always been soft on crime. They say that no one should go to jail if the sentance they would have been given is less than 6mths.

Taxes- Like at the last election Liberal democrats want to bring in a new raft of taxes including local income tax. This would approx add £609 every year to the average level of council tax paid by a typical family.

Defence: Their dangerous disarmament policies would force us to give in to blackmail by an aggressive country with nuclear weapons. In parliament liberals didn't even bother turning up to some debates about defence.

I will be voting Labour because my children's health and education is the most important thing to me.

Fair enough, everyone has their own reasons for voting who they want. Unfortunately I really don't think Labour have a chance this time round. I'm terrified the Tories are going to get in, which seems more and more likely all the time. If they do I might as well just pack up my house and move into a box now because there is no way they will take notice of the ones that really need help

you learn to live within your means so any change (when lowering income limits) is gonna hit those effected hard. there does however have to be a cut off point and as a result some people are always gonna feel hard done by.

in regards to the 'do you really need an extra £80 if you earn £50,000', it's impossible to say, if you live in a city and earn £50,000 it can be the same as living in a town and earning £35,000, the cost of city living is alot higher so yes a extra £80 can make a huge difference

Well I posted my ballot yesterday, and so my vote is in. I finally decided, after much wrangling with my head and my heart, to vote Tory. It just seemed like the right decision for me and my family.

What makes discussing politics so enjoyable is the fact that everyone has a different opinion, and that we have the freedom to have these opinions. Thank you all for making the election campaign so much fun girls! :thumbup:

Will you all be watching the results coming in tomorrow night?

xx

Well I posted my ballot yesterday, and so my vote is in. I finally decided, after much wrangling with my head and my heart, to vote Tory. It just seemed like the right decision for me and my family.

What makes discussing politics so enjoyable is the fact that everyone has a different opinion, and that we have the freedom to have these opinions. Thank you all for making the election campaign so much fun girls! :thumbup:

Will you all be watching the results coming in tomorrow night?

xx

Gonna go with the channel 4 coverage, there is a policital celeb come dine with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->