• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

I think I might have a watch of the Come Dine With Me show too - looks funny :rofl:

I think I'll flit between BBC1, ITV and Channel 4 (need to check out the Alternative Election Show, or whatever they've called it) :thumbup:

x

I think I might have a watch of the Come Dine With Me show too - looks funny :rofl:

I think I'll flit between BBC1, ITV and Channel 4 (need to check out the Alternative Election Show, or whatever they've called it) :thumbup:

x

Yes I dont know how much info the channel 4 show will give us
might have to watch BBC too

I am pleased I havent gone into labour and can still vote, didnt want to miss it :dohh:

I'm gonna be flicking between the election coverage and channel 4's version :lol:

in regards to the 'do you really need an extra £80 if you earn £50,000', it's impossible to say, if you live in a city and earn £50,000 it can be the same as living in a town and earning £35,000, the cost of city living is alot higher so yes a extra £80 can make a huge difference

You are totally right, and as a basic example if you asked someone from up north whether 50K was a good salary they'd probably think "hell yeah" but if you asked a Londoner, they wouldnt probably say, "Well, no not really"

£80 would make a huge difference to me childcare wise, even if they paid it directly to my childcare provider.

IMO there is just no incentive for mothers to return to work, they just move the goalpost everytime we try to do the right thing and its sad, i bet a huge chunk of SAHM's would like to get themselve a little job, but they cant because its not realistically achievable :(

in regards to the 'do you really need an extra £80 if you earn £50,000', it's impossible to say, if you live in a city and earn £50,000 it can be the same as living in a town and earning £35,000, the cost of city living is alot higher so yes a extra £80 can make a huge difference

You are totally right, and as a basic example if you asked someone from up north whether 50K was a good salary they'd probably think "hell yeah" but if you asked a Londoner, they wouldnt probably say, "Well, no not really"

£80 would make a huge difference to me childcare wise, even if they paid it directly to my childcare provider.

IMO there is just no incentive for mothers to return to work, they just move the goalpost everytime we try to do the right thing and its sad, i bet a huge chunk of SAHM's would like to get themselve a little job, but they cant because its not realistically achievable :(

But this is the problem I have with Labour, they hand out benefits to any Tom, Dick and Harry so there is no incentive for anyone to work. At least if there is a stricter margin people will start to realise that they actually have to work for their money rather than sit in front of Jeremy Kyle with a can of beer.... (sorry, very stereotypical but I'm talking about the people who abuse the system because they're lazy :))

I think everyone should get child benefit, regardless of income, because its technically a benefit for the child, not the parent receiving it. Or it could be viewed as a 'reward' for having children, and why shouldnt everyone be rewarded equally regardless of income? When we have children, we wont be eligible for any sort of tax credits etc but like PP, for me to return to work would involve hefty childcare costs x

Labour for me!:thumbup:
Their policies matter to me most, they are what I believe in!
x

To be honest, i'm one of those inbetweeners - we dont rely on any government funded schemes, i dont have any tax credits (yet) and to me, the child trust fund is a waste - so im happy to miss out on that - I don't think i will be particularly affected badly by ANY party getting in - so i'm quietly confident either way.

I just hope whoever gets the job has been remotely honest in his intentions & isn't in the job just to prove a point. I dont think any of them will be that way...but you never know.

Last edited:
I am so excited about going placing my vote....and even more excited to find out who wins! What time is it announced? I'll be in bed but will be relying on you girls, I'll be checking bnb from my phone when I'm up doing the night feed!!

Labour by the way :thumbup:

yep definate difference in wages north and south, we did the the same job didnt we holly?, and holly got paid alot more than me because its a higher cost of living down there. we compared house prices and my house price wouldnt get a one bed flat down there.

if i hadnt had income support for 3 yrs i wouldnt have got through college as i wouldnt have been able to support myself.
i'm all for single mums going back to work and labour bought in the back to work scheme so there is some incentive i got £220 when i went back to work and i bought work clothes with it.

i was lib dem but i'm labour now, you have to get whats going to benifit me, i got sure start grant, i get tax credits,
nick clegg has refused to rule out backing tories in a hung parliament, he also wants amnesty for illegal immigrants, so basically any freeloader can walk into our country doss about for a while and then start applying for jobs.

lib dem will also scrap child trust fund, nick clegg is quite clever withsaying what you want to hear and not what you dont

what about SLP? forgot to put them into the poll. my mother in law is standing for them this year and i am hoping to do so in 4years, sadly there is noone standing in my area under SLP but they are still standing, i sadly have no choice but to either vote SNP or LIB dems as the other options are Labour torries or BNP what a choice ah!

I still haven't decided :wacko: It's such a tough decision. I'm swatting up on all the policies for a final time now xx

I'll be voting Plaid Cymru. Whilst our current LibDem MP hasn't done a bad job, I generally prefer the ethos of Plaid Cymru in our area. Plaid Cymru haven't engaged in any negative campaigning here whereas the Lib Dems have said very little about what they'll do and an awful lot about how bad Plaid is. Plaid Cymru have said some negative things but more along the lines of 'this is what was promised but this is what actually happened' and gives substantiated evidence. They've promoted themselves by using quotes from newspapers, etc about them and generally seem to just give information rather than taking an 'in your face' approach, which is more appealing to me. Also the Plaid cymru candidate is more approachable and the Plaid Cymru councillors and AM have done brilliant work and it makes sense to me to create a team of Plaid Cymru politicians to fight for my interests at all levels of politics. The Plaid Cymru candidate has lived in the area all his life and works as a lecturer at the university (he taught my husband!) and as a result has a good knowledge of all the different kinds of people living and voting in this constituency. The Lib Dems were the ones who pushed for every student in university halls to be automatically registered to vote, which meant a lot of confused students, many of whom were already registered to use a postal vote for their home constituency, recieving polling cards and a huge strain being put on both the council and the postal service that ended up with people like me who live full time here not recieving their polling cards and questioning whether they were actually registered in the first place!! To be honest, that in itself has annoyed me enough that if I was undecided it would sway me in the other direction!

Anyway, basically Plaid Cymru fits my personal convictions best and I do think that they'll be best for me and for the constituency in which I live so they have my vote!:thumbup:

Beca :wave:

My mind is definitely made up but I'm still going to read through all the manifestos again just to be sure :)

cuz I'm in N.I. I'm voting Alliance (neither unionist nor nationalist) I cant believe theres 4 ppl on here voting BNP!! I think they are disgusting. (the bnp not the ppl voting for them!)

I'm actually surprised at the amount of Labour supporters to Conservative tbh

Tbh I think because the Conservatives have more media backing they are actually appearing to be more appealing to people when infact they aren't!!
Well thats what I'm hoping anyway :haha:
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"