• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

Yep, I made up a system and have now decided. I went on the BBC thing to compare key policies of the main 3 in each area. Then I ranked them in preference from 1st to 3rd. 1st= 3 points, 2nd= 2 points, 3rd= 1 point and then I totalled them all up so I know who to vote for :D

I am voting labour.

I disagree with lib dems policys more than I first thought (and to think I almost voted for them!)
One being crime. Liberal democrats have always been soft on crime. They say that no one should go to jail if the sentance they would have been given is less than 6mths.

Taxes- Like at the last election Liberal democrats want to bring in a new raft of taxes including local income tax. This would approx add £609 every year to the average level of council tax paid by a typical family.

Defence: Their dangerous disarmament policies would force us to give in to blackmail by an aggressive country with nuclear weapons. In parliament liberals didn't even bother turning up to some debates about defence.

I will be voting Labour because my children's health and education is the most important thing to me.

Can I ask where you got that figure from please? :flower:
Only asking as I'm thinking of voting for Lib Dems and their manifesto states that they'd scrap council tax, not add local income tax on top of it and it doesn't state any figures so I'm interested in learning more about it!

I am voting labour.

I disagree with lib dems policys more than I first thought (and to think I almost voted for them!)
One being crime. Liberal democrats have always been soft on crime. They say that no one should go to jail if the sentance they would have been given is less than 6mths.

Taxes- Like at the last election Liberal democrats want to bring in a new raft of taxes including local income tax. This would approx add £609 every year to the average level of council tax paid by a typical family.

Defence: Their dangerous disarmament policies would force us to give in to blackmail by an aggressive country with nuclear weapons. In parliament liberals didn't even bother turning up to some debates about defence.

I will be voting Labour because my children's health and education is the most important thing to me.

Can I ask where you got that figure from please? :flower:
Only asking as I'm thinking of voting for Lib Dems and their manifesto states that they'd scrap council tax, not add local income tax on top of it and it doesn't state any figures so I'm interested in learning more about it!

No figures, but this is what the bbc website states Replace the Council Tax with a Local Income Tax after a pilot phase"

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_poli...cal&col1=conservative&col2=libdem&col3=labour

I think the local tax is bad.

I dont like lib dems views on immigration either.

I am also DREADING waking up to a tory government on Friday.

I think the local tax is bad.

I dont like lib dems views on immigration either.

I am also DREADING waking up to a tory government on Friday.

Me too....
I fear they are going to make things soo much worse:wacko:
x

Anyone got a spare room going for me and Grace if the Tories get in? :lol:

I've been torn between lib dems and conservative, conservative mainly for tactical reasons because I really don't want Gordon Brown in charge anymore. but I've taken a couple of the online tests and it's come up with conservatives not really being at all suited to me and that I should either go with lib dems or the green party - so lib dems it is :thumbup:

Ugh i'm dreading waking up tomorrow... if that slime ball gets in...:nope:

I did a oline test and it said lib dems are the best party to go for, for me.

who know's what we will wake up to on friday:wacko:

labour for me ! i dont think Gordon Brown has done a bad job at all but if he aint money wise were going to be screwed! i cant afford to work because simply i cant afford childcare and its a struggle living off OH's wages as it is, and hes gettin made redundant this year :( never mind scrapping the tax credits then we would be living on the street no way could we live without that AND child benefit.
i 100% support the cancer treatment what they are wanting to do and the others so i just hope they do!
the poll on here is intresting! i thought labour was the underdog this time around!

labour for me ! i dont think Gordon Brown has done a bad job at all but if he aint money wise were going to be screwed! i cant afford to work because simply i cant afford childcare and its a struggle living off OH's wages as it is, and hes gettin made redundant this year :( never mind scrapping the tax credits then we would be living on the street no way could we live without that AND child benefit.
i 100% support the cancer treatment what they are wanting to do and the others so i just hope they do!
the poll on here is intresting! i thought labour was the underdog this time around!

No one is scapping tax credits for lower income familes, they are being cut if you earn a joint income of £50k.

As for the cancer treatments that will be interesting, are they going to scrap the postcode lottery? I have a mole on my stomach that is not right my GP wanted to send me NHS but she couldn't garentee that I would get seen within the month.

Also breast cancer is rife in both mine and OH familes, my grandmother died from it last year but no one will screen myself of my mum :dohh:

but its not been brought into affect yet has it so that maybe why, but thats a great thing to happen as cancer is huge in my family too i lost my grandad from it in jan and by the time he found out thru all the tests and how long he had it for it was to far along to do anything but im not going to knock the NHS tbh yes their slow and all this and that BUT we get free health care what more can we expect.
my mamma has had alot of problems with her boobs since a teenager and found she had cancer and alot of cysts and they have been great with her. i think sometimes the quality of treatment depends where you live aswell which yes also that isnt fair, but the amount of my family having had cancer or some health problems and ops we would be in millions of debt so they are a good thing :flower:

ETA - my OH gets just over 200 a week for 3 of us and we arnt classed as low income :grr: we are just above the line but week to week i have to some how pull money out my arse lol

Will be voting SNP. I grew up in a SNP household and am a nationalist. I am really curious about what will happen if the conservatives end up with no Scottish MPs but are in government in Westminster.

I was born in the 70s and spent most of my childhood with the conservatives in number 10. The widespread closure of industry (steel, coal, etc) and the resulting unemployment are one of the many reasons why I could never support the conservatives. The whole Poll Tax debacle is another reason why. They have a few media friendly faces at the fore now but that would never make me believe that the party is any different if you scratch the surface.

We too have cancer through our family. My Mum died of bowel cancer and my grandad also had it. I was identified as a high risk and had genetic tests and continue to be screened and monitored. I think many of the cancer issues have more to do with your local health board than anything else. My mum's treatment was excellent despite the fact that her condition was terminal when diagnosed and they could not 'save' her.

I don't understand why people whinge about the NHS were very lucky to have it, regardless of it being a bit slow, with how many patients being diagnosed a year and bearing in mind how much drugs cost.. I think it works well. *ducks*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->