What is your wedding day budget?

I'm afraid to say how much ours is probably going to cost. More than $15k, that's for sure.... :haha:

Where are al you guys getting married we got engaged 4 year ago but finally 2 babies and a move later we are planning it and booked venues for 29th march 2014. We booked our venues and for church afternoon venue for wedding breakfast and evening venue for 300 ppl it's costing over 10k they are loverly places but most places in our area arnt much cheaper. X

Our wedding buget is $650 WITH the dress. We are NOT spending enough money to start our marriage off in debt! It's funny because most people can't imagine for less than like $3,000 but we are doing it!

We're having our ceremony and reception at a vineyard in California. :flower:

Absolute max is 3k.

Really hoping for more around 2k or less.

If I get a different dress than I really want, then probably around 2.5k. If I can get OH to not invite his huge distant family, since I'm not inviting mine...then more like 1k.

So...yeah. Doing an outside wedding in my dad's backyard. He's getting us a discount on a tent and chairs. Doing a potluck cookout. Making our own cake (I hate wedding cakes, I much prefer my own). Wedding party is picking out their own clothes that they all ready own within certain requirements. 3 groomsmen, 2 bridesmaids. Using dollar store silk flowers since I'm allergic.

for entertainment, we are using our ipod, board games, some wedding games I've made, and of course dancing.

My sister is doing my hair and makeup. Step mom is helping with invites, save the dates, programs, table numbers, and thank you cards.

And for our car, using my OH's 74 cadillac. :D

We were recently "gifted" some money which, if my OH let's me put towards the wedding, brings our savings up to about £2k. Now I need to not only persuade him to do so but see if I can work out if we really can get married for that much. Fingers crossed! What do you think girls?

You definitely can my sister got married with over 100 guests for a little over £1000 (and the great thing was they got even more than that back in gifts, so they technically made a profit on their wedding)

My OH says we have to wait until we have more money coming in each month because he wants that money as an extra safety net. He has a point but we've been waiting for about 20 months to set a date and I thought this was our chance. Heartbroken doesn't even come close to how I feel now :cry: I really thought we could manage it.

He says he worries about money (as do I) but he's always happy to buy things "so long as they're cheap". But £5 here and there does add up to a fair chunk if he's so worried about money, he should think about that! This money we were given was an unexpected gift so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to actually set a date.

We're spending about £8k I think :)

We have roughly 50 day guests and then around 150 guests coming to the evening party. We're having a church wedding, followed by a 3 course meal and drinks etc at a hotel / pub but we have hired out the pub exclusively - it's a little country pub that's recently been refurbished. The church fees are costing us £500+! My dress cost me £1.4K which was a large chunk but well worth it! We originally had a budget of £5K but we've managed to save a lot more than we thought and my OHs partner has given us £1K.

We're getting married this July 27th, and it's all going to cost so much in the week before!

We're spending around £4000 in total. We're only having 27 guests to the day and then 80 to the evening party so having a smaller wedding enables us to keep it fairly cheap. We're also getting married on a weekday in the winter which makes it much cheaper, our venue is around £2600, our photographer around £500, flowers around £300 and then all the other bits and bobs will be catered for in our spare bit. We already have my dress and the bridesmaids dresses.

My budget in the beginning was about 3k.
Venue i wanted, badly. Was around 5k, they did package PP thing, so was much better value still, plus DJ was included all things you need.

In the beginning i was very much unfussed about what i had for my wedding day, but as months went in and looked at more stuff, i wanted more things because its 'wedding day'

End cost was about 10k. x

We have spent about £13k, it better be worth it!! Lol

We got married last month and it came to £2k. Even that seemed a lot to spend on a party, a dress and a piece of paper.

Max of £2000 but its a small wedding 30ish people and its just a simple registary office and after do is at our house so its just clothes and food and drink and decoration we need to pay for. x

I booked out wedding Oct 2011 to get married Sept 2012. I did a spreadsheet of everything that I wanted for rough prices & then really shipped around bought things on eBay etc

The spreadsheet came in at £24,000 which I could no way save in 9 months not did I want to spend that amount (crazy money) we saved like mad & every spare but of £££ went on the wedding

Mine evaded up coming in at £16.000 with a honeymoon of £3000

About £20k.

We've spent £13k on the venue. That includes decorations, meal, drink and DJ. And then we've got an ice cream van and chip van for the evening (about 3k). My dress was 2k and then just everything else.

We've saved it all ourselves over the past year and we're having about 250 day and 310 evening.

Between £500 - 1k. We had originally planned 2k but know thats not possible now. A friend of mine did it for under £500 though so I know we'll still have a great day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->