What part hurt the most

the last hr going 4-10 cm, crowning, then stage 3 labor

pushing was a relief !!

I never got to push, or even get beyond 1 cm dilated :-( but the contractions I had at that stage (second pregnancy) were a bitch, felt really bad. Probably even worse after my water broke. Since baby was in distress I ended up in c-section, and I could feel pain during the operation since the epi didn't totally do the trick!!! So that sucked to feel them operate on my uterus (when they pulled him out was the worst), though the pain was still less than the contractions I was feeling just 20 minutes before being in the theatre!

First c-section felt no pain until a couple hours later when the epi wore off, and then it was 6+ weeks of pain and discomfort!

For me the contractions hurt a lot worse than the pushing (especially as it got closer to him coming!) even though he was stuck, heart rate was down for 8 mins so I had to get episiotomy.

Oh and he was back to back, my butt hurt sooo bad with each contraction and my back felt like it was split in half.

For me the contractions hurt a lot worse than the pushing (especially as it got closer to him coming!) even though he was stuck, heart rate was down for 8 mins so I had to get episiotomy.

Oh and he was back to back, my butt hurt sooo bad with each contraction and my back felt like it was split in half.

Can't imagine the pain back-to-back. Mine was in perfect position and my hips felt like they were exploding with fire! My OH had to squeeze them together with each contraction

For me the most painful part was being stuck at 7 cm for 3 hours, it was basically 3 hours of transition after 30 hrs of active labour. I thought I was going to die.

I think for me it was either the ring of fire, or the after pains. They get worse every delivery and pumping or nursing with them the third time around HURT.

But the ring of fire was a real struggle for me. I progressed really fast, so I got there with no doc ready and the nurses were like "don't push! Just relax". Pretty sure they had never actually been IN labor lol

For me the contractions hurt most. I went into labour naturally and was hoping for a water birth in the birth centre. I got as far as the birthing pool but unfortunately things stopped progressing so after it had been 24 hours since my waters went I had to get transferred to the labour ward to be induced and have an epidural as well. But at that stage I was in such agony and too exhausted to care and the epidural was such a relief. DD was born some 10 hours later and she only took 10-15 minutes to come out but as I had had the epi didn't really feel a thing.

The part that the contractions kept coming in stronger, longer and with no breaks just before pushing really took it out of me! It was at that point I seriously believed I couldn't do it!

The contractions easily... at least with pushing you have something to focus on.

Contractions on their ending like after 7 cm and pushing baby shoulder /body out was most painful experience for me ...maybe became I have short frame body but only pushing my tiny dd 5.6 lb out is challange for me ..I keep requesting my obviously to put her back in even I try to push her head back in tooo lol ..

Contractions with a back to back baby. It was horrendous!!! I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. Ended up with epidural once I got to 8cm. Pushing part was much easier x

The actual pushing was probably the most intense pain, but the back labor contractions seemed worse and were harder to cope with because I had them forever, and the hour of pushing flew by after 30 hours of labor. I did eventually have an epidural which I'm sure numbed the ring of fire some, but it was myself worn off by the time I was ready to push.

The absolute don't want to repeat it never again worst was the contractions when they hooked me up to a breast pump for stimulation when my labor was stalling. It was awful and the only time in my labor that I just quit and said no.

Um, the whole thing! I wasn't one of those women who barely bats an eyelid, waltzes in at 8cm & has a baby an hr later all like *shrugs, what's the big deal* I wish I was though :) would have been better than the 50 something hour labour I went through. He was worth it though.

Transition, I cried for more pain relief then but got through it. Once I was pushing it was sore but I could do something about it

My contractions went from 3cm to 10in a few hours I wasn't ready for the steady pain. I had an epidural ready & waiting but paging the guy to put the medication in took 15 min and then he says it'll take another 10-15 min to feel the relief. I just about cried. It took 2 top ups before the pain was controlled. I had twins and while the first was cephalic, head down the second went transverse as soon as the first came out and gave her extra room to swim. Twin 2's cord then prolapsed so the OB shoved it back in, shoved his hand up there, grabbed her hips turning her breach, grabbed her legs and pulled her out. The second top up had only just kicked in and I was so thankful. I was quite aware that if twin B went swimming they have no choice but to fix baby manually and was terrified of that sort of pain. He looked like he was in there to his elbow. I had to look away.

If you get an epidural plan for it an hour ahead, contractions sometimes speed up too fast for the anasthesiologist to appear & pain relief to kick in.

The clean up after to check if you need stitches. That was always the worst part for me. And the anesthetic they give you to check you out first. It's like a thousand bee stings!
May not have been that bad for other ladies but I had third degree tears twice. Makes me cringe thinking about it!

Back to back contractions (baby was b2b) once waters had gone at 9cm...insanely intense! I found pushing such a relief after those :)

I found the contractions pretty bad to be honest, when they peaked I was just desperate for them to subside again and thought I just couldn't cope with them, but I did get through it. My strong contractions I only had from about 11pm and ds was born after 8 in the morning so only 9 hours, 2 of which I was pushing for which really helps and you don't really notice the contractions as much once you're pushing. The after pains were pretty unpleasant too! Somehow you just get through it.

With DS1 I had back to back labor and the contractions were horrendously painful. I ended up with an epidural after I got to 6 cm because I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain.

With DS2 I had regular labor and he was born naturally no medication. For him the most intense pain was going from 8-10 cm. It was so painful leading up to pushing, but for some reason when they told me to push this calm kicked in and I was able to focus on the breathing and pushing and the contractions and pushing felt way less painful than 8-10 cm contractions did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->