What part hurt the most

I was induced and my son was my first so no other experience.

However for me contractions we're the worst part mine started and became really intense from minute one and only got worse when my waters went as my son didn't engage until then and he came down with loads of pressure.

Pushing sounds silly I loved it! While pushing the pain of contractions were gone for me. It was still very intense and there was some pain but nowhere near as bad as when just contracting.

I had to have an episiotomy the cut wasn't too bad it was the stitching up after!! Already sore and then you're being sewn up ouch!! But once it was done it was done. Although peeing afterwards for a few days bought tears to my eyes!!

But yes contractions were awful I still feel squeamish thinking about them. I think lovingly of the birth experience though.

The contractions!! Argh it was all in my back, felt like my back was going to split in two. Also when the midwife felt for baby's head right in the middle of contractions, never felt pain like it! I couldnt push her out so had a ventouse delivery, was so quick and intense it did hurt obviously but nothing like the contractions which lasted hours x

The stitching up afterwards was the worst part for me! Ouch ouch ouch

when the head was coming out :shock:

Transition! Before transition I would walk through all my contractions, when transition hit....help me god I couldn't move and was grasping for the walls hahahaha! Couldn't stop moaning either!

For me th worst was the contractions and then the IV in my arm. I had an epidural at 4cm after they broke my water. The epidural was easy! Afterwards, was just so relaxing. I felt warm and cosy. Could still feel belly tightening, but not pain.

Transition! (From about 7-8cm) my contractions at this point have no breaks! When this goes on longer than an hour it is very difficult and intense time.

Definitely the head coming out - never experienced pain like that. Only took 1 push to get shoulders & body out. Contractions were awful but compared to the head.... not even close xx

Pushing didn't hurt at all for me with the exception of the small tear I got. Transition hurt the most, but it was all pretty manageable.

Transition hurt the most for me. Pushing was a relief in comparison. I didn't experience the ring of fire and it didn't hurt for him to come out.

The contractions hurt the most for me. They were intense right from the beginning, I didn't feel much increase in pain during transition - they all hurt!

Pushing was amazing. All the pain from the contractions disappeared. The midwife was telling me to push with the next contraction, which was confusing because it felt like they had disappeared entirely. The only sensations I had by that stage were to push or not push.

I had weaned off the epidural an hour before so I didn't feel the ring of fire as much as some, but my pelvic bones (the ones parallel with the anus) felt like they were being held in vice grips.

The contractions weren't too bad and i did really good just breathing through them and staying calm until i got to that transition phase, that was the worst! It's not that the contractions hurt any more, but that they were back to back and didn't seem to stop.

Once i was fully dilated the pain from the contractions pretty much went away and i just felt the intense urge to push. Pushing didn't hurt at all, until the head was about half out and my contraction had ended. The nurse kept telling me to push but since i wasn't in a contraction i felt no urge to push, which meant i felt the pain of pushing.

The contractions were TERRIBLE. mine were back to back from the beginning. No breaks. Then to make it worse epidermal wore off at thr end....contraction plus the fact that she was stuck in my bones and felt like honestly I was shitting out a watermelon (sorry Tmi but its true)worst pain of my life. But on to #2 lol

Labor was a walk in the park compared to the contractions.
Mine started strong and I needed epidural after about 13 hours of no dilation.
The epidural was stopped about 3 hours before I delivered and I was able to breath through the contractions but every now and then I would be in total pain.
I am so glad they stopped the epidural and I was actualy able to feel the birth because it was amazing!

When I had a thorough check to see if my waters had actually gone. Good god that hurt! They used a speculum and was just digging around in my cervix :haha: it was honestly the worst feeling ever, that and recovering from giving birth! I expect pushing would have been the most painful but I had to have an epidural and forceps so never felt that. (Thank god in a way :haha: )

When I had a thorough check to see if my waters had actually gone. Good god that hurt! They used a speculum and was just digging around in my cervix :haha: it was honestly the worst feeling ever, that and recovering from giving birth! I expect pushing would have been the most painful but I had to have an epidural and forceps so never felt that. (Thank god in a way :haha: )

Being examined during a contraction was 100x more painful than pushing for me and that was without a speculum!

Perplexed: you're not the only one I got emotional too revisiting my labour to write my post. Thinking about it again has done as well. I'm soppy though.

I was similar to you my body wanted to push and it frightened me but at same time midwife made me wait of a little longer because I'd been induced any everything had starting happening very quickly I'd got from 4cm -7cm in time it took them to move me from induction room to delivery (about 10mins) scary stuff.

When they were pulling her out with the vacumn and all I had was the gas and they turned it down, and then she had her shoulder stuck .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->