What should i see at a 6+6 scan?

DaisyDuke

Matilda Tasya's mum :)
Reaction score
Hi i have an early scan next week i should be 6+6 what should we expect to see? If we dont see a hb is it over? Thanks. XXX

I had a scan at 8 weeks, and you couldn't see much, just a blob with a heartbeat!!

They say you should defo see a heartbeat at 6 weeks, some people see it a few days before that.
I think the only way you wouldn't see one is if your dates were out.

Hi we had a scan at about 6+5 and this is what we saw.

Attachments

• bean.jpg
    bean.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 34
hiya hun , by then u should see the heartbeat but it will be a blob wit a hb lol i had a scan at 8+4 an it was still just a blob wit a hb lol

Thanks MummBurgo wow thanks so much for that :hugs:

Hi all

I'm pretty new to this - I am currently 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I have had 2 previous misscarriages before and so have booked in for an early scan at 6+6. My hcg levels were odd...38 at 13dpo and then jumping to 1199 at 19dpo??? I'm scared incase I don't see enough at an early scan and it leaves me even more stressed!

Has anyone been reassured by an early scan?

Hey DD!
Good to see you in here!
When i had an early scan they told me they could *usually* see the heartbeat between 6 and 7 weeks, but not always - everyone is different. I decided to wait until 8 weeks for my first scan as i didn't want to be worried if they didn't see it (i booked one privately). So if you are 6+6 and they don't see it then it doesn't mean game over at all.
I think if you have an internal scan then it's easier to see?

Hi all

I'm pretty new to this - I am currently 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I have had 2 previous misscarriages before and so have booked in for an early scan at 6+6. My hcg levels were odd...38 at 13dpo and then jumping to 1199 at 19dpo??? I'm scared incase I don't see enough at an early scan and it leaves me even more stressed!

Has anyone been reassured by an early scan?

I had my first scan at 5 weeks, and then another at 8 weeks where I saw the hb. I had a m/c in October, so I was terrified that something would happen, but as soon as I saw the heart beating, I felt immediately better. The technician also reassured me by telling me that it looked good and strong. I hope you find reassurance from your scan!

good luck! :flower:

Thanks what did u see at 5 weeks? XXX

my sister in law didnt see a heartbeat at 7 weeks, went back at 8 weeks and there it was:) her son is now 14 mths old

good question, and great answers, gives me something to think about

Thanks what did u see at 5 weeks? XXX

I didn't really see anything at 5 weeks! I think it was just a little tiny speck at that point, but they didn't say anything was abnormal...I think it's cuz it's only the size of a sesame seed!

Here is a link to a cool 3D week by week calendar...it's on 5 weeks for you. I've been obsessed with it! It might be able to make you feel reassured also. I don't really care for the rest of the site, but the 3D calendar is awesome!

https://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/calendar/5-weeks-pregnant.html

the 3d calander is really good. Thanks for the link.

I had an internal scan at exactly 6 weeks couldnt see much but a pulsating blob which was apparently the baby with heartbeat!!!

With each pregnancy its different, its hard around 6 weeks to see or hear anything, i remember with my oldest i went for a scan at 6 weeks and they could barely see anything and they didn't hear no heart beat then i went back at 8 weeks and i could see it and hear it... almost made me cry

Just want to say good luck hun, they will probably do an internal, please don't stress/worry if they don't find a hb at 6w6d, they will ask you back. i saw a hb at that stage but i know quite a few people haven't xxx

We are off for a private 8wk fetal viability & gestation scan, pair of us are slightly worrying and don't have the patience to wait 12 weeks!

good luck to all you guys. It is nerve racking! I get to call about my appointment tomorow, hope to get in next week closer to the end of the week to give that h/b a chance! But we'll see what happens.

Hey babe, I had an external Ultrasound at 6+6 and saw a little blob and HB at top of blob :cloud9:
HCG was 37,000

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"