What should I write on a card for a funeral wreath?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
DH's granny passed away last Monday, which is why I've not been on much in the last week.:cry:She was just getting over Cancer, and had been home for a month, then fell over a couple of weeks ago and broke her hip. She was refusing to eat so they couldn't operate as she was too weak, then she had a small heart attack 10 days ago, then passed peacefully last Monday morning at 4.20am:cry:

Well, it's the funeral on Wednesday. MIL has ordered all the flowers, but she's just turned up with the card for me to write for the flowers. It's only one of those small ones from the florist,so not much room. It already has written on it "In loving memory of a dear Gran". It's from us, the kids, and SIL and her partner. But SIL said she can't write it as she's too upset. So what on earth can I put?

I just want something simple, but as it's for SIL as well, it can't just be from us!

I'm no good at things like this - any ideas anyone?

sorry to hear of your loss.

I used to do the obituaries and memorials in a newspaper and alot of people wrote verses after the announcement obituary.

How about writing a verse, it doesn't have to be long, on the card?

This is quite a good site - https://www.generations.on.ca/memorial-verses.htm some of the more 'classic' ones are there

How about "In loving memory from all those who love you Gran" something like that.

So sorry about your loss

xx

Sorry for your loss Amanda

How about
Gone but not forgotten
Always in our hearts

Sorry to hear of your loss, I can't help out with that one though im sorry.

Hope you're all ok

Sorry for ur loss Amanda!
This is what we wrote on marks grandads...
God took your hand, we had to part, it eased your pain but broke our hearts. In God's care you rest above, in our hearts you rest with love.
xx

They're all lovely suggestions, thanks.:hugs:

I'm really not looking forward to Wednesday at all. Grandad is 87, and he's almost completely blind so won't be able to stay in their house on his own. They were married for 65 years. When he visited her in hospital he just sat next to her and held her hand. They looked like a couple of teenagers, it was so sweet. I just can't imagine being with someone all that time and then losing them. :cry: It'll be Kayleigh's first funeral too. It's not going to be a nice day.

They're all lovely suggestions, thanks.:hugs:

I'm really not looking forward to Wednesday at all. Grandad is 87, and he's almost completely blind so won't be able to stay in their house on his own. They were married for 65 years. When he visited her in hospital he just sat next to her and held her hand. They looked like a couple of teenagers, it was so sweet. I just can't imagine being with someone all that time and then losing them. :cry: It'll be Kayleigh's first funeral too. It's not going to be a nice day.
Awww bless them

Hope you are ok:hugs:

I am sorry hun :hugs:

Im not good at that either, loads of nice messages tho. Maybe you can all sign the card.... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->