what size baby clothes are you buying?

birdy

pregnant after loss
Reaction score
i've been buying 0-3 months but i've been told to stock up on new born and tiny baby, just wondered what you lovely ladies were buying

I would get 0-3. I bought loads of newborn and tiny baby with my son and it literally lasts weeks. Everything seems to shrink in wash too x

I've been told by lots of mums not to bother with newborn because they grow out of it so quickly :) So all been 0-3months :)

We have just been buying 0-3 months too, we have a few new born thing but not much as apparently they grow out of them so quick. and if we go prematurely either hubby or my mum would will nip in to the shops to get tiny baby clothes.

I usually get a couple of newborn bits, but mainly 0-3, they last longer :)

I would say buy more 0-3 and some newborn, the way I see it clothes that are too big are better than clothes that are too small, don't buy any tiny babies size until you are sure you will need them as some babies will not fit into them :flower:

thank u i may get a few things new born then but i'll buy mainly 0-3 xxx

I'm going to get maybe enough newborn size for two weeks, both my boys outgrew the newborn in 2 weeks. I will get plenty of 0-3 months of course, but my boys quickly outgrew those as well. I hope I am having a girl, and she will be tiny for longer, but for now I'm going with experience, and getting 2 weeks of NB, 2 1/2 months worth of 0-3, and then going to get some 3-6 months, and then 6-9, and 9-12. I'm getting them now so I don't have worry about running out later. Of course I'll pack away what I don't need until she grows into them. :) i just remember my boys growing so fast, and that first year goes by so fast! lol Gosh I can't wait to buy the baby clothes, its been so long since I could do that! I really am having so much fun since its been 7 years, because it feels just as new and exciting as my 1st, and I know what to do this time. what to get, and what not to get. I am also happy I get to share this experience with you ladies...sorry having a happy moment thinking of baby clothes! lol

i'm buying a bit of each coz u never know how bit they're gonna be. my friend baby was in newborn for a while (and she was about 8lbs) she's only been in 0-3 for a few weeks and is going into 3-6 now (she's 4 months). so it varies. you can always save some money and buy more when they're here. xx

After our last experience and other friends' experiences, we're not buying any newborn/preemie sizes at all. If she's born small enough to fit them, I'll send my mum or husband out to get a few things. That stage literally lasted for a couple of days for us and buying more than just a few basic things would've been a waste.

I am buying some newborn clothes as my daughter who was born at 8 pounds 3 ounces still managed to be in newborn clothes for 6 weeks and she would have drowned in the 0-3 month ones.

I have some 0-3 month clothes, as well as some preemie size (just in case!)

My lo was 6lb7oz when he was born, and started wearing 0-3 about 10 days ago. Until then he was in early baby to start with (even though he was 10 days late!) and then newborn until then. I'd say get some newborn just in case.

I've been buying 0-3 and 3-6 because mw told me as long as this pregnancy progresses as normal I am going to have a 9lb baby!! Apparently he or she is measuring big and quite long??

I would have some newborn on hand just in case ladies...This lady was told her baby would be like almost 10lbs at birth because she was just so huge, and the baby looked huge on the scans, but for some reason, that baby came out only 5lbs3oz! She almost needed premie clothes! lol

I'm buying 0-3 and up. I'm not going to bother with newborn sizes since both sides of the family seem to have big babies (8.5 lbs to nearly 10lbs). If I have a small baby by some chance then I'll send DH out for smaller stuff.

I would have some newborn on hand just in case ladies...This lady was told her baby would be like almost 10lbs at birth because she was just so huge, and the baby looked huge on the scans, but for some reason, that baby came out only 5lbs3oz! She almost needed premie clothes! lol

Ooops, I was just about to post and say "See how the baby's measuring when you get past 30+wks, and that should give you a good indication if you're going to have a small medium or large baby!" but after reading the above, it looks like it's not always an accurate way to judge! :haha:

I've bought 0-3 months but I've also been given some newborn stuff - I wouldn't have bought any though!

ds1 - I was told he would be a big baby - he was 4lbs (due to unpicked up placenta problems). Hubby had to dash out for clothes and small nappies!

ds2 was very prem and was about 2 lbs 4.

This baby by scan is going to be big! so I have 1 set of preemie stuff that I am so hoping I won't need - a few newborn and some 0-3 months. I just don't know what to get!

I have brought some newborn, but I have been checking out the weigh limits in the tag. My DD was 9lb6 so I am not going to buy any newborn sizes around that figure. My DD didnt even fit in newborn :-( She was long. As with my brother.

But looking at the clothes I do have, the sizes vary a lot. Some newborn look as big as the 0-3.

i'd get some, but just with the idea that the baby will only be in them a couple of weeks. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->