BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Hi girls ....

What sling do you have?

Have you tried others?

Any advice opinions on these would be great :mrgreen:

x

Yey! Slings!

I have a few mei tai's. I had a ring sling when DD was very small, but she didnt like it. But neither of my children have liked to be in the cradle position unless they're being fed. So I looked into slings as I liked the idea of carrying her and found out about mei tai's. They keep baby upright, and are really easy to put on. If you look on you tube there are loads of videos showing you how to put them on (that goes for any typre of sling).

Now DD is bigger I'm going to try another ring sling as she could sit on my hip in it rather than lying across me.

But personally, I'd say, mei tai's all the way. And you can get some really pretty ones!!

Never had one, the cloth ones look good :)

I have one Tasha recommended to me.

https://www.closebabycarrier.com/
Close Baby Carrier.

Didn't need to try another, Caitlyn loves it.

So versitile, and bloody comfy for me and her (once I worked it out of course)!

We've got a hug-a-bub (https://www.hugabub.com/), never tried another. I liked the fact it is strong enough to hold LO's head in place so you can bend forward hands free without LO moving if you should need to. He is fast asleep in it as we speak!:sleep::happydance:

i bought the mothercare own brand one
she doesnt seem comfortable in it tho??

anyone else got 1?

i have the baby bjorn, wouldnt recommend it all! wish id got one of the ones above!

I bought a Moby fabric sling, www.bigmamaslings.co.uk not badly priced and easy to put on after the first couple of times. (I've only tried 2 positions at the mo as Lewis is still quite small).

It's not as supportive of his head as I'd hoped & I get quite hot when wearing it but all in all not a bad sling. (It looks similar to the close baby carrier).

Moby :)

Tried a ring sling, and didn't like it. Will probably go to it again when we're ready for the hip carry.

This is an interesting thread, i was wondering about getting one too as I can't do anything all day as LO wants to be held when he's asleep! And as we live in a 3 storey house, I'm not happy leaving him asleep and being on the ground floor (even to make a cuppo tea!).

the close and the hug a bub seem similar, so any more recommendations would be great, as am very keen to buy one!

I have 2. One's a Chicco baby carrier which is like the Baby Bjorn. It's very comfortable on the back as it has extra support for the back. You can only wear the baby facing out or in, so quite limited, but still I like it.

The other's a BabaSling https://www.babaslings.co.uk/gallery.htm
It's comfortable as well and there's about 10 different positions you can put the baby in, all of which feel secure. Marlie loves the facing out sitting cross-legged style!

I have 2. One's a Chicco baby carrier which is like the Baby Bjorn. It's very comfortable on the back as it has extra support for the back. You can only wear the baby facing out or in, so quite limited, but still I like it.

The other's a BabaSling https://www.babaslings.co.uk/gallery.htm
It's comfortable as well and there's about 10 different positions you can put the baby in, all of which feel secure. Marlie loves the facing out sitting cross-legged style!
I like this one - thanks

I also have a Bjorn and hated it. It was just too much of a pain to deal with as much as Erica likes to be held!

Then I went and bought a Peanut Shell sling. I love it. Erica is content in it, and I can get things done. It is so useful! I wish I had bought it when she was a newborn and not bothered with the Bjorn. Heres a link:

https://www.thepeanutshell.com/

I have a mei tai i bought ages ago to use. Tried it with my neice and loved it :D

I have a ring sling and Bella hated it, she didn't like lying down and I felt it was too floppy.

We also have a Baby Bjorn, DH likes it. I don't think it's comfortable.

I have the Moby and absolutely LOVE it! It only took me twice to figure it out. She was in it facing me for 3 months and now she sits facing out. She loves it too! When she was facing me I could nurse her or she would fall asleep within 2 mins.

Thing I'm gonna go with the babaslings :D

Thanks girls for all your replies x

We had a lady come in to talk to us at antenatal class last week about slings and wraps. She suggested a stretch wrap is best for newborns and people who are new to using wraps. She reccomended kari me, moby and a few other brands. She demonstrated with her 3 month old baby (its her 3rd child and she's never owned a pushchair). Her daughter got so excited when she got the wrap out of the bag, it was lovely to see.
Before this talk i had wanted a sling but had no idea what to get. I eventually went for the moby, i got it for £30 including postage from a company called sling jax. It came in 2 days. Haven't tried it yet though as i haven't got a baby to put in it!! But the material is so soft and the edges are finished off really well.

we just bought this over the weekend, not sure I like it as it makes me feel pregnant again :rofl: But Stan used it today when we ran to the store and this was the end result

Attachments

• tn_DSC05369.JPG
    tn_DSC05369.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g