what slings do you all have?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
whats the best sling?

what one do you have?

i was given a huggababy sling but not sure whether they are any good or do i sell it and by a new one.
this is the sort of one ive got.
https://huggababy.com.au/a/hby_2.jpg

I have a Simply Mei Tai:

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/DSC01707-1.jpg

And a Maya Wrap Ring Sling:

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/DSC00400.jpg

I love them both!!

before he got too heavy for it, DS lived in the kari-me wrap. now, i have a jelliebabies mei tai that i got from etsy.com and we love it!

LOL - this could take some time!!

I have tried loads :blush:

I currently use a Connecta (Soft Structured Carrier based on a Mei Tai with buckles). I love it - so quick and easy to use!

I have a Rockin Baby Ring Sling which is perfect for popping in and out of the car!

I have just gone back to using a Moby Wrap (sold mine before to try a Mei Tai) as I thought my LO was getting too heavy for it but I was wrong (he's asleep in it now as I type and it is SOOOO comfy!).

I have used a Babyhawk Mei Tai which is a good starter Mei Tai - would rate it althouigh I think I slightly prefer my Connecta.

I have tried a woven wrap (Girasol Old Rainbow) but need some practice to get into wrapping first - sold it for PP!!!!!

I originally had a Baba Sling when LO was born and we both hated it! Then I had a Baby Bjorn and boy do they hurt your shoulders/back (well they did mine).

I am waiting on a custom Simply Mei Tai at the moment - due to be finished mid Nov so am looking forward to that! :D

What do you want from a sling? For a larger baby or newborn or both?

My current favourite is a Moby Wrap if I'm honest which I never thought I'd say but my Connecta and Ring Sling have their place too :flower:

(PS. They say a stretchy wrap won't last for a bigger/heavier baby - I beg to differ as my LO is a big baby at 8.5 months we're both so comfy....no sagging to the fabric and no pulling! :thumbup:)

Hope this helps a bit? Sorry rambled :dohh:

I agree with Laurie, I had a Baby Bjorn and it really hurt my back and shoulders.

I agree with Laurie, I had a Baby Bjorn and it really hurt my back and shoulders.

You had the same one as me (I remember from your pics) and they have no waist support hence why they pull/hurt. I think the more expensive ones like the active or something have some sort of waist support but I would never use one again :nope:

x

Popping in from WTT here to ask, what would be best for a newborn?

Popping in from WTT here to ask, what would be best for a newborn?

It's really down to personal opinion but a lot of girls on here rate Moby Wraps! They do take a bit longer than other carriers to put on but I use mine still now and my LO is 8.5 months old and a BIG baby (they say stretchy wraps don't late over a certain weight baby but I was only saying I beg to differ above!).

I use and sell them if you want any advice!

xx

I have a Connecta and a Calin Bleu wrap. The Connecta is a godsend!

thanks everyone.
could you post pics?
with JOshua i had a tomy classic one i think it was and i didnt like it.

thanks everyone.
could you post pics?
with JOshua i had a tomy classic one i think it was and i didnt like it.

LOL - this could take some time!!

I have tried loads :blush:

I currently use a Connecta (Soft Structured Carrier based on a Mei Tai with buckles). I love it - so quick and easy to use!

I have a Rockin Baby Ring Sling which is perfect for popping in and out of the car!

I have just gone back to using a Moby Wrap (sold mine before to try a Mei Tai) as I thought my LO was getting too heavy for it but I was wrong (he's asleep in it now as I type and it is SOOOO comfy!).

I have used a Babyhawk Mei Tai which is a good starter Mei Tai - would rate it althouigh I think I slightly prefer my Connecta.

I have tried a woven wrap (Girasol Old Rainbow) but need some practice to get into wrapping first - sold it for PP!!!!!

I originally had a Baba Sling when LO was born and we both hated it! Then I had a Baby Bjorn and boy do they hurt your shoulders/back (well they did mine).

I am waiting on a custom Simply Mei Tai at the moment - due to be finished mid Nov so am looking forward to that! :D

What do you want from a sling? For a larger baby or newborn or both?

My current favourite is a Moby Wrap if I'm honest which I never thought I'd say but my Connecta and Ring Sling have their place too :flower:

(PS. They say a stretchy wrap won't last for a bigger/heavier baby - I beg to differ as my LO is a big baby at 8.5 months we're both so comfy....no sagging to the fabric and no pulling! :thumbup:)

Hope this helps a bit? Sorry rambled :dohh:

OMFG is there that many types of slings?

ive got one like the baba sling so now im thinking im gonna get rid and get a different one.
i like the wrap looking ones.
i was thinking for a newborn/young baby.
i most probably wouldnt even use it tho.

I WANT A MOBY WRAP.
i have decided.

where can i get a cheap one from?

I WANT A MOBY WRAP.
i have decided.

where can i get a cheap one from?

I sell them hun - brand new and I sell them cheaper than anywhere I can find atm.

PM if you're interested! :D

xx

I have a Calin Bleu and love it - they're similar to Moby I think? So yeah, go for a Moby!

I have a Munchkin Jellybean sling, 2 home made slings, a Moby Wrap. For this new baby I'm going to get a New Native and possibly a Peanut Shell.

I have a Moby too!!!! :happydance: I got it from the baby show for £29 which I think is a bargain but I dunno. :shrug:

I don't have a baby to put in it yet though! :blush:

Cant wait. :happydance:

You might want more than one for different occasions... I have a bunch of them (being a Baby Wearing- holic!! :haha: )

I make ring slings and LOVE them!

Here is a pic of one I made when I was still pg... my LO loves these best atm!
https://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/birdzell/DSCF2177.jpg

I also have a Snuggli, it is good for short walks, but tends to hurt my shoulder.
I also have another one similar to a baby bjorn that is pretty good, but hard to get LO in and out of.

And I just bought this Kelty Baby Carrier FS 3.0 off Ebay... can't wait to use it for long walks and hiking! :happydance: (not really a "sling" but slings are not practical for long hikes in the mountains!)

https://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/birdzell/keltybackpack.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->