What temp do you wash bedding/towels/whites on?

I wash towels and bedding at 60, whites and other clothing at 30 or sometimes 40 if they've been pre soaked for a stain. I use soap and/or milton to soak and works a treat, line dry (weather permitting) and they come out lovely and white again. x

EVERYTHING at 30 ... if i feel its really bogging then i might go up to 40 lol i have never struggled to get things clean at 30... i thought detergents were more effective at a lower temperature anyways....

pulled this off the bbc website (random lol )

Select 30ºC washes for dark clothes that can shrink (wool, linen or cotton)
If your washing machine has a cold wash, try using cold-water detergents. (See BBC News: 'Frozen microbes clue to a cold wash')
Reserve 40°C for particularly mucky socks, undergarments and whites
Unless you have an 'intelligent' washing machine, it's best to do one full load rather than two half-loads
Choose the economy setting - it's thriftier with energy than the 'quick wash' setting
Do one full load rather than two half-loads
Use pre-soaks and spot removers for clothes spattered with dirt
Go for concentrated detergents - this means less packaging, so fewer emissions
Turn the machine off afterwards - leaving appliances on standby wastes £700m worth of energy in the UK every year
Wear fewer white clothes - although it may reduce your climate-cooling albedo
Consider buying a new A-rated washing machine when the time comes

I hate my whites not looking white so i wash all whites on 95. Towels, regardless of colour, get washed on 70. Light coloured clothes on 60 and dark coloured clothes on 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->