What the hell is this!!!????? TMI ALERT - UPDATES P1 AND 3

Oh pickle :(
This sounds so horrible - what a rough time you've had.
I agree with the others, if it doesn't ease off - get to hospital and get it seen, you can't be left feeling that uncomfortable.

Hope it gets better soon honey xxxx

Have to say ladies, this heatpack is wonderful!! It truly is easing the pain, and the new co-dydramol is also having an affect. I am almost able to sit up which is something I haven't been able to do all day!! The anti-biotics I've been placed on are 500mg Flucloxacillin which I have to take four times a day. I actually have a little hope back for the first time all day, and have to say my h2b has been so wonderful in looking after me all day today (he always goes above and beyond for me, bless him) and I know he finds it so hard seeing me in so much pain. When our little one is born and I'm finally back on my feet again and able to actually function like a human being again I plan to spoil him rotten as much as I can. Can't tell you how thankful I am to have him in my life. He's my real life knight in armour x

Wow iv been assembling my cot and came back to 3 pages..

Anyway im so glad they said they can give you some stuff so your OH could pick them up for you .. hope you feel better and it all goes down or goes away for you cause you seem to of had such a rough time with this pregnancy :hugs: take it easy and keep us updated :) want you and little ruby to be doing well xx

Massive massive :hugs: from a fellow gestational diabetic and "almost" in a wheelchair SPD sufferer. Hope the antibiotics help.

Glad you are feeling better hun - not impressed with how your doctors dealt with it but glad you have some relief x

UPDATE:

Finally managed to get into the docs today and it has turned out to be quite a nasty abcess. I'm keeping to the meds already prescribed plus a cream to ease the swelling and numb the area.

Confirmed cause is mixture of severe dsp and gestational diabetes.

Please ladies, if you have either condition and get ANY swelling at all, seek help BEFORE the pain starts! It is excrutiating agony otherwise.

:hugs:

Jesus christ! an abcess thats terrible! i hope your getting better
x

:shock: :shock: What were the first symptoms?

Swelling in front wall vagina plus enlarged labia on one side which also felt leathery. Stayed like that for about a week before the pain started, once the pain came however it was concentrated in labia, which has now swollen so much that the skin has started to split and bleed a little.

Antibiotics can prevent the pain if it is treated in time x

:hugs:

Jesus christ! an abcess thats terrible! i hope your getting better
x

Gradually getting there, will take a few days to see an improvement and the doc examination was horrendous.

I'm on bed rest until it has healed x

omg you poor thing :hugs: Thanks for the info, I will definitely be on the lookout for those symptoms.

Hope you get better soon... I have GD and SPD and have just got over an abcess on my pubic mound. I have suffered from recurrent abcesses during this pregnancy but this one was the worst. Was the size of a snooker ball and absolutly hurt like hell. Luckily its gone down alot now after splitting a few times, found heat compresses worked great and salted warm water helps draw them out abit. I think magnesium sulphate is meant to help too, but thats only what ive heard so dont know if thats right or not.

Anyway hope you get it sorted soon because they are horrible!!

OMG, just reading about it hurts!
I feel so sorry for you and hope the meds do their job a.s.a.p.

oh darling!!! i am soo sorry for you!! i hope our lil foo foo gets beter!!! poor thing! i think i held mine ALL THROUGHOUT READING THIS!!! keep that wheat pack on and i hope you feel better soon! :hugs: your h2b sounds like a gem aswell! give him a pat on the back from all us bnb girlies! xoxoxo

i have suffered with abcesses before and they sure do hurt like hell!!!! poor you i don't even want to imagine the pain you have been in hope you feel better soon hunni xxx

Hope you get better soon... I have GD and SPD and have just got over an abcess on my pubic mound. I have suffered from recurrent abcesses during this pregnancy but this one was the worst. Was the size of a snooker ball and absolutly hurt like hell. Luckily its gone down alot now after splitting a few times, found heat compresses worked great and salted warm water helps draw them out abit. I think magnesium sulphate is meant to help too, but thats only what ive heard so dont know if thats right or not.

Anyway hope you get it sorted soon because they are horrible!!

Thank you for the extra info Xerinx, I hope you are feeling much better now! :hugs:

Were you warned beforehand that this could happen? I was given no warnings at all!!

How long did it take for yours to go down? xx

glad they were able to confirm exactly what was wrong and give you something to treat it - nice to hear the heat pack is relieving the pain somewhat! :hugs: feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->