What things will you make LO yourself?

Cinnamon

Reaction score
I know, always thinking soooo in advance, but with my probable sick leave (I am a 25 year old in an old ladies body: back pains, knee pains...), I will have to occupy my time with something. :dohh:

I want to make LO as many things as I possibly can:

- Pretty letters for LO's name out of cardboard or maybe wood, paint them and varnish them for the door.
- Paint LO's room when I move house and have a couple extra rooms, paint the cot or decorate it if it's second hand.
- Do cross-stitch on bibs, towels, sheets... with LO's name and little cute pics also.
- I would love to do a wall sized pic of some disney theme, here in Spain there is a girl that paints kids rooms and it's sooo cool, check it out:

https://www.muralesmaravillosos.es/ The first link has other type of pics, but still good. I love the pic with the birds bringing the babys into the baby area in a hospital, so cute!!

The second link is just kiddy pics, https://www.muralesmaravillosos.galeon.com/enlaces893361.html
I don't think I could afford that but maybe copy it and have someone to help me...
- Get a rocking chair (have always wanted one) and decorate it, it's so nice imagining myself rocking on it with future LO...:muaha:
- Oh and my all time favorite I have never got round to doing: one of my best friends starting doing scrapbooking since she first went to the USA and it's so clever, crafty and fun to do, apart from a great memory holder, I really want to do that when I have LO, to capture EVERY moment...:cloud9:

I'm sure I'll think of other things at some point and come back to update.

In the meantime, get writting ladies!!!:hug:

I will probably do the scrapbooking thing and I might make one of those rug things, if they're easy enough, but I am not a very crafty person so I don't think I'd be able to make much more :( my mum is already apparently making a baby blanket for us and I'll guess she'll do more knitting for us!

The things your doing sound fab hun! xx

I will probably do the scrapbooking thing and I might make one of those rug things, if they're easy enough, but I am not a very crafty person so I don't think I'd be able to make much more :( my mum is already apparently making a baby blanket for us and I'll guess she'll do more knitting for us!

The things your doing sound fab hun! xx

I'm not doing them yet, just thinking of it:dohh:, except for a little blanket I'm knitting (just a little square by square, only a starter)... The rest are still in my imagination!!:blush: xxx

i make canvas name boards, done Lilly 1 and everybody who seen it (who had LO) asked for 1, so ive made about 15 of them now! like ur ideas tho, also i had a plain white mosus basket given to me so i stitched little rose buds on it, was cute xxx

I painted letters for Jasmines door... I've also made her a quilt for this coming winter... I will do the same for the next baby :D

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs009.snc1/2867_184039150531_607985531_6614226_1293053_n.jpg

i make these, this is the mose recent 1 ive made x

https://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/vicbrenan/IMG_2817.jpg

I'd like to decorate plain white onesies for Elyse eventually.
Also, it would be fun to make her name to hang on the door.
I made her 2 blankets so far- one comforter, one fleece blanket...
I decorated a memory board for her (her nana made it, and I added bits to it and I think it looks nice now! :))
I'd like to repair and paint this rocking chair my mom had when she was a child for Elyse to use.

OH wants to build Elyse a toybox bench.
OH's mum is doing a scrapbook for her.
My grandma made a quilt for her (Noah's Ark)
My mum is making a hat, and if I have my way, these cute booties!!

Aww girls how talented are you and also how many wonderful ideas you have.

I would like to make LO a few things, would decorate the Nursery to. We have some very talented people in the famly too so will see what they come up with.

Keep the pictures coming ladies, lovely to see them x

aww you girls are so talented, the most i can do is cross stitch for LO x

Haven't made anything for Ed other than his booby milk and purees (hehe) but planning on making my own washable nappies for the next one, I couldn't do it with Ed as I didn't get my sewing machine until a few months ago. I have some sheets that my cousin made for him but thats about it. If I have a girl will see if I can make some dresses also gonna make my own feeding cover like the ones here https://www.fayeandlou.co.uk

I will make baby they own cloth nappies (of course hehe), knit blankets & cardigans, cross stitch a winnie the pooh throw and a me to you bear high chart. I would love to learn to scrapbook so i can make baby a scrapbook also :)

wish i could knit properly. My mum started knitting Ed a shawl, she might get it finished during my next pregnancy

I don#t know yet, but my mother Always made the schoolcones herself
large cornet of cardboard filled with sweets and little presents given to children in Germany on their first day at school

I want to hand paint my next ones nursery. Like do all details from a theme.

yeah, id do a nursery too! i regret leaving lillys room until she was 6 months! would have everything ready before birth next time x

I'm rubbish at sewing but was hoping my mum would help out making sheets and things as I've heard baby sheets are silly money considering what they are. She's already said she's hoping my gran will knit the baby clothes, lol.

I do love arts and crafts but hadn't really thought what I would make for a baby. I'd love to paint the room myself though and do some murals on the walls. Was thinking of going for an aquarium theme :) Not that great at drawing but reckon I can trace and stencil pictures I find on the net.

Also if I have a girl I'll make her lots of her own jewellery when she's a bit older :happydance:

I do love arts and crafts but hadn't really thought what I would make for a baby. I'd love to paint the room myself though and do some murals on the walls. Was thinking of going for an aquarium theme :) Not that great at drawing but reckon I can trace and stencil pictures I find on the net.QUOTE]

Lol! Maybe you could use one of those projector-y things & trace onto the wall :D
On the knitting side, still on squares but I will learn more!!! I'm more of a sewer to be honest, been cross stitching for years. Last year I made my god-daughter & a friend's son wooden storage boxes with painted scenes on them (& they did look wicked!)...
I guess it's quite a while off so I am trying to restrain myself until at least TTC!! :rofl: xx

Cant wait till we move and can plan the nursery :D :D so exciting! It will be green, my fave colour and also easy if its a boy or a girl!
I do Cross stich and scrapbooking so will probably do a memory book/box of some sorts and a tatty teddy cross stich for the wall.
xx

I can't do any kind of textile stuff. Already in school i was a absolute 0 in threading, sowing or whatever xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->