What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

avoid papaya n pineapple.
im from india n here we dont eat them as it leads to miscarriage so does mango

That's strange - when my sister was expecting she was advised to eat loads of pineapple as 'it was goos for her' ????

pineapple is one of those foods they recommend you eat to bring on labour if baby is late as there's something in it that 'can' stimulate labour. But you'd have to eat an awful lot of it tho.

but i imagine in early pregnancy you may have to be careful, same as they recommend you avoid raspberry leaf tea until you are 36 weeks.

If it's not on the list yet, cold cheese cake is a no-no too (I think baked is okay though?).

I thought cheesecake was made from cream cheese...that's ok to eat. The recipes I've seen for no bake cheesecake are with cream cheese so I'd say it's fine to eat.

I heard that when you have a craving listen to your body and try to get it because its your bodies way of telling you it needs something from that food (protein etc.) but what if you crave pizza and candy and things that arent healthy, does that rule still apply? Should you still try to get it or ignore the unhealthy cravings?

well my body says eat lots and lots of salty and sour things! lol so i got me some nice salty chips and sour candy! but yea cheese cake is fine! I LOVE CHEESE cake!

Eskimo, I thought the same thing about feta cheese but over here the feta is pasteurized so it's fine. I think some types of feta aren't :shrug: I'm also crazy about greek salad!

lol LOOOOOVE IT! well theres actually not much i dont love theses days! lol(Food wise)

i got told that if by chance you eat egg yolk say a couple of times during pregnancy it doesnt do harm to the baby as the only risk is salmonella poisioning for you..

i would think a custard tart would be fine because they are generally baked. And when making custard...at least the way I make it is on the stove over heat. As long as the eggs are exposed in some way to heat either by boiling or baking in the oven. I love custard tarts with sugared fresh fruit on top....yummmmmmmmm!

I really think the big picture is that don't eat raw meats or eggs. Don't eat food from unsanitary places, don't eat things that are not pasteurized. Wash all fruits and veggies really well before eating them. Enjoy your pregnancy and try not to worry too much because that is worse for you than eating a piece of deli meat. (but make sure you microwave it first:) )
A lot of the suggestions about food during pregnancy needs to be taken with a grain of salt and some common sense.
I lived on peanut butter and soy nuts my last pregnancy because that was the only protein I could hold down. Peanuts were what helped grow a healthy baby for me and she has no allergies to anything.

Tuna, large predatory fish and shellfish contain mercury. Tuna doesn't contain as much and using moderation with anything is safest.

I really think the big picture is that don't eat raw meats or eggs. Don't eat food from unsanitary places, don't eat things that are not pasteurized. Wash all fruits and veggies really well before eating them. Enjoy your pregnancy and try not to worry too much because that is worse for you than eating a piece of deli meat. (but make sure you microwave it first:) )
A lot of the suggestions about food during pregnancy needs to be taken with a grain of salt and some common sense.
I lived on peanut butter and soy nuts my last pregnancy because that was the only protein I could hold down. Peanuts were what helped grow a healthy baby for me and she has no allergies to anything.

Tuna, large predatory fish and shellfish contain mercury. Tuna doesn't contain as much and using moderation with anything is safest.

ive never had any probs with deli meat so i continue to have it,not all the time but sometimes!

Can i just say, i ate peanut butter in all my pregnancies and none of my children have nut allergies. x

It seems like I can't eat anything lately! My own body and my doctor seem to be dictating to me what I can and can't eat! Argh! Oh well few more weeks and I'll be used to it I suppose.

Goat's milk - is it ok? I've seen a few people who have doubts about it, but cow's milk makes me bloat like crazy, so I drink goat's milk. Is it fine for me to carry on??

I'm 33 weeks pregnant now. Wondering if I can eat peanut butter. Some said can, some said cannot?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->